What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No, but being poor is being poor, and those advocating for a team in both those areas cant say png doesn't offer the same hurdles
There's poor, then there's poverty. they are very different. A poor person is choosing Kayo over Fox or watching NRL on fta, a poverty stricken person doesn't have a tv or electric.

To suggest SEQ and PNG are remotely similar because there's a few poor people in SEQ and a few wealthy people in Port Moresby is pretty laughable

Perth Red

Post Whore
Time in the air is fatiguing coz body is taking in less oxygen. Travel would be worse for perth than PNG team
In your opinion. As a frequent traveler I know I'd rather be doing 24 flights a year than 48 and spending less time travelling overall.

MugaB

Coach
There's poor, then there's poverty. they are very different. A poor person is choosing Kayo over Fox or watching NRL on fta, a poverty stricken person doesn't have a tv or electric.

To suggest SEQ and PNG are remotely similar because there's a few poor people in SEQ and a few wealthy people in Port Moresby is pretty laughable
Kayo over fox?? Whats the difference what planet are you on... oh i forgot perf, no poor people in perf, plenty of cash to spend on sport around there.
Again not everyone in PNG is povo...

Last edited:

Bukowski

Juniors
So the 10% rich/well off (that aren't poor) who would probably get upto half million maybe morso wont want to pay for tix or merch ....please, theyll have the Chinese knock offs there quicker than they could make them, every person that can get there hands on a jersey will get one

The bias against having a png team is unbelievable here on this forum... we all talk of population bases/metros and who plays the game in what areas, png smashes all that...
We cant even figure out which area NZ2 would be in, thats why theres no bid...
Do we know the numbers of participants there?

Canard

Immortal
Kayo over fox?? Whats the difference what planet are you on... oh i forgot perf, no poor people in perf, plenty of cash to spend on sport around there.
Again not everyone in PNG is povo...

What you know about PNG, you could fit on a postage stamp.

Wb1234

Referee
I’m really not sure about this PNG push, one of my sons mates played the PNG Headhunters in the Q Cup on Saturday in Port Moresby, he said it was certainly an eye opening experience.
They had armed security guards most places they went but he was blown away with how the locals knew who they were and how they greeted them.
He said he certainly knew he had played a game of footy afterwards but he did point out they were very basic in a lot of areas which did make things alot more easier.
He said he couldn’t imagine opposition fans travelling over there to watch a game.
Another one of my sons mates plays for Wynnum Manly so I’ll check if they play in Port Moresby this year and see what he thinks.
Fans like that are a credit to rugby league

Wb1234

Referee

Lmao fmd you love to twist arguments around your

Pneuma

First Grade
Do we know the numbers of participants there?
Depends on the source you rely on. I’ve seen stats as high as 40000 players but none cite direct evidence. Apparently there are 280 clubs there. Whatever the real figure is , it would grow exponentially with a NRL team and the correct supporting processes in place. It’s why I support a team there at the right time. The growth potential is outrageous.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Different oxygen saturation at higher altitude is fact not opinion lol.
Flying 48 times instead of 24, is also a fact

Flying hours alone
PNG 123 hours a year
Perth 116.5hours a year

However you want to spin it a PNG team based in Cairns is flying/travelling a lot more than a Perth team will need to.

Pippen94

First Grade
Flying 48 times instead of 24, is also a fact

Flying hours alone
PNG 123 hours a year
Perth 116.5hours a year

However you want to spin it a PNG team based in Cairns is flying/travelling a lot more than a Perth team will need to.

About 15 hours to Auckland for single leg. Add that fixture when u have time

Perth Red

Post Whore
About 15 hours to Auckland for single leg. Add that fixture when u have time
Thats ok, we wont play warriors away lol

15 hours one way? By hot air ballon maybe!
6.5hrs there, 7.5hours back Per - Auck direct flight

Last edited:

DIOGENES

Juniors
League is main sport in PNG. Afl numbers are bs. Claim 250k participants in Canada too
I once went on a business trip to New York with a Victorian. When we were booking into the hotel he asked the clerk if there were any local AFL games on and which station was broadcasting the Australian games.

This was a highly educated man. Obviously when you cross the Victorian border you enter some sort of bubble

Latest posts