What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Points vs Tigers

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
3. Matulino - Dominated play and allowed Mateo/Locke/Johnson to carve up.
2. Locke - Was involved in pretty much all our tries in some way or another and our attack looked better for it.
1. Mateo - Brilliant game

On Maloney, I really don't see what others see in him. Is a scrappy little player with a fiery attitude which is good, but apart from being a great hole runner/support player he doesn't offer a great deal. Could have a killer kicking game if he can develop some consistency, but I don't see the fuss.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
On Maloney, I really don't see what others see in him. Is a scrappy little player with a fiery attitude which is good, but apart from being a great hole runner/support player he doesn't offer a great deal. Could have a killer kicking game if he can develop some consistency, but I don't see the fuss.

Neither do I.

I could see a place for him, given his attitude, ability as a support player and also being a high 80s goal kicker. But struggles greatly as a creator/organiser, is a reasonably poor defender and has stupid penalties in his game as we saw. Wasn't his ill-discipline the worst in the NRL last year from memory?

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
3 locke
2 mateo
1 matulino

Berrigan to be dropped, Centres to be swapped. Johnson to harden up in defence and the team to play smarter footy when your up 22-4. GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRR these games tick me right off

Meth

Staff member
3- Mateo
2- Matulino
1- Locke

Don't believe all the McIvor rubbish about Johnson's defense being exploited- Mannering was the issue on his side. He made Johnson look bad

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Neither do I.

I could see a place for him, given his attitude, ability as a support player and also being a high 80s goal kicker. But struggles greatly as a creator/organiser, is a reasonably poor defender and has stupid penalties in his game as we saw. Wasn't his ill-discipline the worst in the NRL last year from memory?

His penalty rate last year was atrocious. By comparison he has cleaned up a bit this year. His missed tackle count was also up near Sandow like levels in 2010.

If Maloney was playing with a Johns/Lockyer or at the very least a dominant half then he'd be much more productive. I think Johnson will eventually become a dominant half, but in the meantime Maloney doesn't offer a great deal in regards to creativity. Much like Hohaia, I feel the way our team is heading will take us away from the style of team Maloney needs to play his best.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Maloney has been at his best with Seymour there. A halves combo is as much about complimenting styles as it is individual talents. At this point Seymour seems a better fit for both Johnson and Maloney even though both of those players imo are individually superior.

Long term Johnson is one of our halves so that creates a bit of an issue in getting the right balance. I suppose the likes of Godinet become a bit of a wild card in the equation.

In any case I don't believe Maloney will be with us after his contract expires.

Izz

Bench
3 - Mateo
2 - Locke
1 - Matulino

Johnson played well, too.

Last edited:

Micistm

Bench
Mateo Locke Johnson

Yeah, hard to not get shitty after that result...and the turning point was the maloney penalty-they were dead in the water until then and it seemed to be a case of how much we win by. But credit to them, coming back from an average start.
If the roles were reversed, we'd be praising them for the great comeback. Frustrating for sure, but a good video to show them for the rest of the year: Never go to sleep, never assume you got it in the bag.

Rich102

Staff member
3. Mateo
2. Locke
1. Matulino

Berrigan to Vulcans.
Poor late use of interchanges.
Vatuvei is still limping badly.
Who says we don't need Luck?

ozbash

Referee
Poor late use of interchanges.

cost us the game, 20 mins to go and he hooks Lance and puts Berrigan on. Hohia was making metres all the time he was there

75th, he hooks Johnson, a player of Benji-like ability.

FO Cleary, you have no f**king idea

3- Benny
2- S Rapira
1- Locke

If there was no McGivor, there would be less than half the opinions expressed in this forum, some of you hang onto his every word...

Izz

Bench
What was McGivor going on about yesterday? I listened to the channel 9 commentary, who still managed to get a mention in about Manu's errors and how huge our forward pack is.

hitman82

Bench
cost us the game, 20 mins to go and he hooks Lance and puts Berrigan on. Hohia was making metres all the time he was there

75th, he hooks Johnson, a player of Benji-like ability.

FO Cleary, you have no f**king idea

3- Benny
2- S Rapira
1- Locke

If there was no McGivor, there would be less than half the opinions expressed in this forum, some of you hang onto his every word...
I agree with your post entirely.
Hooking Lance was STUPID. Hooking Johnson was STUPID. Didn't he also hook Mateo? The only players likely to get us a try.
He should have chained Berrigan to the bench and hooked our f**king captain.
Usually I have a lot of time for Mannering as a defensive rock, but in the 15 minute collapse he was the one showing zero mana and zero tackling ability - standing around ball watching like a spastic on a valium binge.

What is the McIvor bit about, out of interest? Apart from the fact that he was ABYSMAL yesterday.

Iafeta

Referee
The commentators were gibbering on about Johnson being targeted but tbh he missed 3 tackles, Mannering missed 3 tackles. But what Mannering ALSO did is ball watched, even leaving Manu to come in field trying to cover for him at one stage.
4 tries in what, 10 minutes? All down Mannering's side. As our f**king captain, I expect more from him. He needed to come up with a big play, shore up the defense, do SOMETHING other than f**king ball watch and slip over as the Tigers carved us to pieces.
PATHETIC showing from our supposed leader.
And the most embarrassing loss all season. Cheers guys

Johnson missed 7. Mannering 5.

Meth

Staff member
Halfbacks miss tackles. Seymour is a particularly good defensive halfback- but it wouldn't be unusual for him to miss 7 tackles. Mannering was the issue

Iafeta

Referee
Halfbacks miss tackles. Seymour is a particularly good defensive halfback- but it wouldn't be unusual for him to miss 7 tackles. Mannering was the issue

7 tackles is a lot of missed tackles. The rest of the halfbacks over the weekend were around 3, except for Prince and he's a bit of a dud defender.

Latest posts