What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll: What should Manly do to Michael Witt?

Should Manly give this half witt the punt?

Personally, by letting him go to the Warriors will free up a much needed $200,000 to go towards a replacement for BK. Someone like Jon Wilkin would be ideal. So my answer is YES, Manly should definately give this dope the punt.

Ryan

Juniors
I'd say Parra would be paying a lot of that for him, and we'd only be out around $60-90k per year. I honestly don't see him as the future of the club with:-

Groom / Halden / Wells / Cherry all able to play in the 1/2's.

Additionally, they are saying Burns may play Hooker, Lyon 5/8, Matai to remain in centres, so one of Monaghan or Dunleyt will have to go, or play Premier League as well.

I reckon Manly should re-sign Matt Ballin as a replacement hooker. I think hes got a great future. Aaron Groom, Clint Halden likewise in the halve positions. Also I think Jason Wells may be ready to step up to first grade as BK's replacement perhaps next year or even a bench spot. Although our prop depth aint too bad considering we have Sione Finefeuiaki, Jim Curtis and Phil Morwood, I think Manly should target a good young prop from PL or Jersey Flegg elsewhere. Depth in the second row include Mailangi Styles, Nathan Tutt and Adam Cuthbertson and another young player from the PL or Jersey Flegg ranks would be ideal. Then we focus on backs depth.
Fullback: Mark Lennon (not bad) but not in the class of Brett Stewart :lol:
Wingers: Michael Robertson and Chris Hicks (also not too bad although a young sensation like John Williams would be great), Paul Stephenson also is solid
Centres: Steve Bell, Steve Matai and Jamie Lyon (no more please)
5/8: Clint Halden , Travis Burns and Jamie Lyon (enough class)
Halfback: Aaron Groom (big future)

All the names listed are relatively young (exceptions Steve Bell) so the future at Manly is looking very very bright. We now need to build on it and buy a solid young prop, second rower and winger.

For the prop: someone like Charlie Leaneo would be ideal
For the second rower: someone like Mark Offerdahl should be re-signed immediately IMO
For the winger: someone like John Williams from Parramatta should definately be targeted.

RainMan

Juniors
Ryan said:
I'd say Parra would be paying a lot of that for him, and we'd only be out around $60-90k per year.

Manly pay the full amount. Thats why Manly will not let him go unless another Club takes up his entire contract. Same goes for Michael Monaghan.

beardie

Juniors
What about gather at Mascot and wave him goodbye. If he starts to have second thoughts we could always be there to ensure that he gets on the plane. :D :D

chileman

Coach
beardie said:
What about gather at Mascot and wave him goodbye. If he starts to have second thoughts we could always be there to ensure that he gets on the plane. :D :D
:lol: I like your style!

RainMan

Juniors
In all fairness, the Warriors no.6 - Ropati isn't all that flash. He may very well start in NRL next year?

wittyfan

Referee
domdom said:
how long do you give him, before he starts playing in the bartercard cup?

I doubt the Warriors will be as bad as Manly when it comes to Witty.

It simply won't happen.