What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poms

I can't remember too many Poms who have played first grade in Brisbane and made an impact. Tony Marchant, Andy Platt, Neil Holding, Tommy Bishop are about all I can think of off the top of my head but I'm sure there are more.
Nowhere near as many Brisbane based players who went over to England I can remember in 84 I think it was, Leeds alone had 6 from the Brisbane comp play for them. Trevor Patterson, Steve Bleakley, Tony Currie, Gavin Jones, Terry Webb and Wally Fullerton-Smith. I know they all didn't play first team footy

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Ian French and Jamie Sandy played in Castleford's Challenge Cup win in 1986.

Tony Marchant was just another player when he was at Wynnum. He was fast but simply couldn't tackle front on - he preferred to let them past then catch them from behind. Later that year he played for England.

mud n blood

Juniors
Col Maskill played for Valleys. He was a pom U/21 and U/24 rep, and was pretty handy.

That boofhead that played for Wests .... :-({|=

Did Sin Jinn Ellis play any local footy whilst at the Crushers? not that he would have made an impact anyway he was rubbish & the half the bought over Ford was not much better........... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Being a Castleford fan, there are plenty of ex-Tigers in that list.

Tony Marchant - Don't know what he's doing.

St John Ellis - Cas legend. Think he's coaching Doncaster.

Mike Ford - Went to the Irish RU as a defensive coach.

Col Maskill - Current Castleford Under 21's coach. Actually made an appearance
for the Academy side due to injuries this season.

Latest posts