What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor Ben Hunt

dannyt

Coach
I think it is a bit of a problem with Ben indicating that he would sign if Hook is the coach. It is not up to Hunt to decide who the coach should be!
Quite common. Players will often sign contracts on the proviso that a certain coach will be there. It's a negotiation, and either the club or player can walk away if they're not happy with proposed terms.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I can’t believe how much poor old Ben cops it from the media & fans, even our own.

The constant comments Re the value of his contract & now it’s “his fault” the Dally M’s are shit because he’s on top of the leader board FFS.

The bloke can’t take a trick.
In my opinion I believe Hunt should look for another big pay day at the Dolphins, bail on the Dragon’s at the end of this season & seek a 2-3yr deal with Bennett.

Let’s be honest we are a rabble under Hook, does anyone expect better results next year?

Hunt’s experience would fit nicely at new start up team. We need a complete rebuild and Griffin, Woods, McCullough & Hunt are just barriers at this point.

BLM01

First Grade
I think it is a bit of a problem with Ben indicating that he would sign if Hook is the coach. It is not up to Hunt to decide who the coach should be!
Did her really?, or as a captain he is just doing the usual PR and showing glowing support for his current coach like they all do.
I will never believe he would hold the club to ransom over Hook being coach. Dont care who indicates that he is doing this and the rumour is probably sour grapes or just guessing for a headline reaction

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Did her really?, or as a captain he is just doing the usual PR and showing glowing support for his current coach like they all do.
I will never believe he would hold the club to ransom over Hook being coach. Dont care who indicates that he is doing this and the rumour is probably sour grapes or just guessing for a headline reaction
I saw the interview and Ben said comments like " It's no secret that I like Hook as a coach", and "If Hook is the coach it would certainly make my decision easy" and "It would certainly be a factor when he makes a decision". These are obviously not direct quotes, but a paraphrase of what I heard in the interview. It sounded to me like he was pushing for Hook to be retained.

dannyt

Coach
I saw the interview and Ben said comments like " It's no secret that I like Hook as a coach", and "If Hook is the coach it would certainly make my decision easy" and "It would certainly be a factor when he makes a decision". These are obviously not direct quotes, but a paraphrase of what I heard in the interview. It sounded to me like he was pushing for Hook to be retained.
Maybe wisful thinking on Hunt's part?

Gareth67

First Grade
If he intends to resign then as I have - and other members - have said , make damn well sure it’s for a far lesser amount than he is currently pulling in for being a half-back only player .

The Dragons future lies with our youth and to my way of thinking Benny should bite the bullet and become flexible in his attitude so as to move to the hooking role , so as to give the young halves the opportunity of forming some formidable attacking combinations .

Sick to death at the vintage signings each off season knowing full well that their best years are behind them .

dannyt

Coach
If he intends to resign then as I have - and other members - have said , make damn well sure it’s for a far lesser amount than he is currently pulling in for being a half-back only player .

The Dragons future lies with our youth and to my way of thinking Benny should bite the bullet and become flexible in his attitude so as to move to the hooking role , so as to give the young halves the opportunity of forming some formidable attacking combinations .

Sick to death at the vintage signings each off season knowing full well that their best years are behind them .
Meanwhile, Robson at the cows...

BLM01

First Grade
Disagree media PR and answering questions put to him.
He aint going to say anything different publicly.
Listen to players interviews about Madge and especially Trent Barrett and Josh Jackson publicly before they are punted