What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor Ben Hunt

I’m asking on what basis you describe Hunt as an Origin quality halfback.
You may need to read it again....I said Knights let their origin level halfback go. I did not call Hunt an Origin halfback. You added the word quality, not me.

It matters not how he performed in the origin arena (Pearce), he was still an origin level halfback.

And Knights still dropped to another level this year without him

SBD82

Coach
You may need to read it again....I said Knights let their origin level halfback go. I did not call Hunt an Origin halfback. You added the word quality, not me.

It matters not how he performed in the origin arena (Pearce), he was still an origin level halfback.
Re: Pearce.

Being selected in Origin doesn’t make you origin level.

Do you think McCullough is an NRL level hooker?

Re: Pearce.

Being selected in Origin doesn’t make you origin level.

Do you think McCullough is an NRL level hooker?
Okay, so being selected for origin and playing origin does not make you an origin level player. Hmmm, makes sense to some I suppose.

McCullough was, but not anymore as his career is winding down. Make sense to you? Probably not

SBD82

Coach
Okay, so being selected for origin and playing origin does not make you an origin level player. Hmmm, makes sense to some I suppose.

McCullough was, but not anymore as his career is winding down. Make sense to you? Probably not
So he’s not. And by your own definition Pearce wasn’t Origin level when he left Newcastle. And Hunt isn’t an Origin level halfback either.

Thanks for clearing that up.

justadragon

Bench
The comparison is how the fans turned on him, such as fans here saying f*ck off Hunt etc, and how that turned out for them. Smells very similar.
i agree that Hunt is an origin level player, what i dont agree with is the player dictating terms on who should be the coach or what position he should play, and will never accept a player holding the club to ransom. if we let hunt go because of it , so be it, it just shows that he was never for the club or the team.

So he’s not. And by your own definition Pearce wasn’t Origin level when he left Newcastle. And Hunt isn’t an Origin level halfback either.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Pearce WAS an origin level halfback, Hunt is a current Origin level player and more than likely a current Australian rep level player at the end of this year. Makes our fans smell worse than Knights. Thanks for pointing that out.

And our fans complain about lack of quality in our team and tell our only Australian rep player to f*ck off....madness.

Last edited:

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Call me unfaithful or whatever tf you want. But if Hunt, a 32 year old is to be on $1.3 million for the last few years of his career while letting some of our young talent go, it might be the end of me watching our games. Will always be a Dragons fan but f**k me I can't stand our f**king board the fossilised old shits. Craig Young literally said there's nobody bigger than the club, but here they all are willing to bring millions of dollars to Hunt.

f**k off (in case I haven't said it enough).

Call me unfaithful or whatever tf you want. But if Hunt, a 32 year old is to be on $1.3 million for the last few years of his career while letting some of our young talent go, it might be the end of me watching our games. Will always be a Dragons fan but f**k me I can't stand our f**king board the fossilised old shits. Craig Young literally said there's nobody bigger than the club, but here they all are willing to bring millions of dollars to Hunt.

f**k off (in case I haven't said it enough).
So you believe the bs about $1.3 mil per year for 2 years? Not gonna happen

Mojo

Bench
What’s madness is that neither Hunt nor Sullivan need exit. They can enhance each other’s games and careers.

The problem is that Ben wants to lay claim to one position only (and preserving his old mates at hooker and coach - both of whom are glaring problems for our club). With these sorts of ‘conditions’ (plus apparently a pay increase!), Ben is making it very difficult for the club to retain him. Plus he’s emphatically and unnecessarily placing himself ahead of the club, even though he is the marque player, captain and already extremely highly paid.

This problem is entirely of Ben’s making. It’s not the club’s fault and the supporters are absolutely right to be outraged and insulted.

SBD82

Coach
Dude you assumed I called Hunt an Origin level halfback, because you can't read. I never said that.
He plays halfback at our club.

You called him Origin level.

He’s not an Origin level halfback.

Regardless of whether you said he was or not, I’m not sure how I can make myself more clear. Your original post is pointless unless you were saying that he’s an Origin level halfback.

He’s an Origin level 9. I’d be happy to pay him good money to play 9.

NB. So far I’ve ignored your petty little comments because I like your username. Don’t kid yourself. I am not above calling you a f**king merkin if you continue to behave like one.

NB. So far I’ve ignored your petty little comments because I like your username. Don’t kid yourself. I am not above calling you a f**king merkin if you continue to behave like one.
Haha, self importance much? Do you honestly think I would be bothered by any childish name calling you fire at me? That is cute.

Obviously you have a problem with people who disagree with your views. I think Ben Hunt is our best player, our best halfback, and crazy to let him go. You don't. So what? No skin off my nose what you think. If that makes me a merkin in your eyes, says more about the kind of person you are.

And sorry for my thoughts being petty comments. I had no idea you were the only one here allowed to be petty.

Have a good day tomorrow, and go Dragons....the Ben Hunt led Dragons.