What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positive opinions thread

JetRider

Juniors
I would like to hear positive thoughts about our chances ahead, and whilst I do not want to deter others, I do ask that if you have nothing positive to say about Souths then please use other threads.

My thoughts are that the Burgess boys are in for a good year, this has been reflected by Toms form and George’s efforts at training with Sam being his usual self, Greg is back and he will benefit from a year out. New coach with new ideas and more experienced debutants who will be hungrier to succeed.

Our halves will improve and depth is there if they don’t improve - whilst we lack some experience, enthusiasm and energy will drive us forward.

Last edited:

rabbitohs95

Bench
I'm really hoping the change within the club is for the best.

It's a new chapter for the Rabbitohs and appropriately in our 110th year.

Here's to a successful 2018.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Watching the competition within the forwards will be great. Who will start, who will come from the bench and who will be breathing fire down their necks to keep them honest.

Watching inglis is also going to be very interesting

rabbitohs95

Bench
Watching the competition within the forwards will be great. Who will start, who will come from the bench and who will be breathing fire down their necks to keep them honest.

Watching inglis is also going to be very interesting
Positive signs he has no strapping on his legs!

JetRider

Juniors
Yes I saw the pictures of GI and definitely no strapping, the video also had him laughing with other players which also reflects he is in a good space.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'm just extremely excited for the 2018 season itself. After round 1 when GI got injured I was pretty depressed about our opportunities in 2017. Our squad was chopped and changed so much throughout the 2017 season and I feel as if this resulted in the inconsistency that we saw.

With a full pre season and minimal injuries, as well as a fresh new perspective I think the boys will be really enthusiastic about our chances this year. It's honestly a new look South Sydney side than the one we saw in 2015 and 2016.

JetRider

Juniors
I'm just extremely excited for the 2018 season itself. After round 1 when GI got injured I was pretty depressed about our opportunities in 2017. Our squad was chopped and changed so much throughout the 2017 season and I feel as if this resulted in the inconsistency that we saw.

With a full pre season and minimal injuries, as well as a fresh new perspective I think the boys will be really enthusiastic about our chances this year. It's honestly a new look South Sydney side than the one we saw in 2015 and 2016.

I agree that it will be a new look, at least in terms of style. I hope that the team is allowed to grow irrespective of the results because as you said, the copping and changing does not allow for harmony. Having said that I also appreciate the lack of patience that exists when teams are losing and Seibold will have a lot to prove.

We will also be relying heavily on our forwards to improve greatly, our halves to be more intelligent and our backs to be more supportive of GI instead of so reliant.

I am looking forward to seeing improvement and the results will follow.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I agree that it will be a new look, at least in terms of style. I hope that the team is allowed to grow irrespective of the results because as you said, the copping and changing does not allow for harmony. Having said that I also appreciate the lack of patience that exists when teams are losing and Seibold will have a lot to prove.

We will also be relying heavily on our forwards to improve greatly, our halves to be more intelligent and our backs to be more supportive of GI instead of so reliant.

I am looking forward to seeing improvement and the results will follow.

Exactly. If injuries do occur this year I think we have a lot more stability in terms of players that can slot straight into certain positions.

Seibold seems to be an intelligent man. I think he has also surrounded himself with the right assistants as well. I really do think Souths are in for a better 2018 than 2017. The players might really want to try and impress him since his new as well.

Positive signs for the forwards as George Burgess apparently earned "trainer of the week" which is awesome. I hope being dropped from the English team has fuelled the fire for him.

Adam Reynolds needs a lot more pressure on him and I'm hoping Hawkins and Tracey can provide that pressure.

As for Walker I honestly think it's do or die for him this year. If he doesn't perform then there won't be a contract upgrade.

greg jay

Juniors
Gopher Indian him say this: Last time GI play team won NINE games. That two year ago. GI now older and slower and still have knee ligament recovery. Him likely to struggle and bludge as usual. Him just ride wave to beach and collect his cheques. Opposition no longer scared of GI. Bullee!!!

greg jay

Juniors
I think you've pretty much nailed it JetRider, I think the players have actually looked a bit depressed playing under Madge and I'm expecting a more up-beat, positive looking side that is enjoying their football.
Gopher Indian him say how come players "depressed" when earn much more money than Cowboys and Indians working for simple wage??? Him see Sam Burgess drive expensive car near beach and him no look depressed!!! If players depressed Gopher Indian ready to swap place with them tomorrow and earn one year wage in one week!!! Bullee!!!