What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positive out of tonight if its possible

Galeven

Juniors
This is my first time posting so hi to all. following the Dragons for over 30 years, i 've been through the pain of being a dragons supporter, just ask my wife.
Had to get this off my chest and who better to let it out on than other passionate dragons supporters
Tonight was an absolute dogs breakfast as far as what we dished up and i couldn't finish watching the game as i think most of you struggled to as well.
i know its wishful thinking but think of the following:

1. we are assured of a home semi
2. we have no injuries coming into the finals
3. a week is a long time (look at the broncos)
4. when was the last time we could afford to lose these games and still make the top four comfortably

Wayne has to have something up his sleeve (please let this be so).

The important thing is we get behind them next week against parra.
I know its hard to stay positive so soon after tonights result but if i'm gonna sleep tonight i need to think these thoughts.

what does everyone else think?

j0nesy

Bench
5. In the recent past we've been on fire coming in to the finals, and look where that got us. This season we are well out of form...

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
After my initial thoughts of "same old saints" and "even the loss against manly last year had more class".... it gives bennett an opportunity to get whatever it is that is wrong, and blast it to smitherines. Hopefully it isnt too late to turn it around. They know what to do, they just have to do it.

Galeven

Juniors
don't forget the broncs got dusted 56nil by the raiders. i gotta believe we can turn it around. who better than against the hottest team at the moment with parra

saints_fireup

Juniors
Who really knows what will happen from here. I certainly won't listen to the rhetoric of the players and coaching staff. We'll find out next week..

Dragon Ant

Juniors
If we want to continue going into the finals on a positive, then we should oust Doust. He's a clown and is a good part of the reason for our poor form over the past 3 weeks!

Ausguy

Coach
If we want to continue going into the finals on a positive, then we should oust Doust. He's a clown and is a good part of the reason for our poor form over the past 3 weeks!

:lol: @ Dragon ant's first ever post.... tell me why its Doust' fault... was he dressed like prior and just let go of john sutton tonight or was it he who failed to ground the ball properly in the corner, although that looked like matt cooper....?

TheRev

First Grade
There is nothing positive to come out of tonights game, yes we were unlucky with referee decisions and ball bounces (to the point of pure comedy), but it was the worst performance in terms of discipline, completion (ball handling), defensive or offensive performance I have seen, nothing like chokes of previous years, something really wrong happened tonight.

Souths made heaps of bad decisions and mistakes themselves, nothing like Lockyers assault last week, but what disappoints me the most, is not that we were thrashed, but that we could have atleast taken a few positives from the 2nd half in terms of attacking confidence, but we took absolutely 0 from that second half.

Previously, we made Brisbane & Raiders work like crazy for their few tries, but tonight we gave Souths 7 soft tries.. I mean not 2, not 3, but 7 soft tries, what the?

Your right though, lack of injuries is a good thing, and the season is definitely not over, we have 3 more games minimum (hopefully), but wow, we need a brain lobotomy to forget this game ever happened.

Galeven

Juniors
no much has been said about doust all year while we have been winning. lame excuse to blame him for the effort the boys gave tonight and the last 3 weeks
don't forget he got wayne bennett to sign with us, which IMO is the best signing we've had for 20 odd years.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I would get copies of all the bad press they are going to get this week especially the ones that relate to choking, and photocopy 1000 times and use it as wallpaper in the sheds.

Benny can then point to those all week at training.

If that does not fire them up nothing will.

I would also drop a few players to show that they don't have to just turn up and get a guarantee start. They have to work for it as there are a heap of players who would love to play in the finals.

It's a shame that they left their worst form till the end. They should be going through this patch of form in rounds 1-6 not 21-26.

stg666

Juniors
get real antman. no reason whatsoever for the ceo to cop sh*t. not a lot of thought has gone into your first post. i am sure there is are better to come though.

TheRev

First Grade
I would also drop a few players to show that they don't have to just turn up and get a guarantee start. They have to work for it as there are a heap of players who would love to play in the finals.

It's a shame that they left their worst form till the end. They should be going through this patch of form in rounds 1-6 not 21-26.

I know what you mean, but who is in a position to be dropped?

The problem is that 2 weeks out from the finals, there is no more time for dropping players, or thrashing them on the training field.

It only takes 1 good game, and we might snap back into form, and it was easy enough to understand/excuse the slight intensity drops during the Canberra/Brisbane games, but I cannot come up with any reason for the team, in a regulation game (means nothing really), against a very average side, to completely and utterly fall apart in every facet of the game.

Gaba

First Grade
Dragons will not lose another game this year, you can bet on that, while disappointed if any lose was to wake them up its this one

Latest posts