What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positives

Minh

First Grade
It's pretty clear that we are not playing up to our full potential and some games have been very poor especially against the Warriors and Sharks but yet we still find ourselves sitting in the top 8 after 10 rounds.
Good to see some second phase footy and support players around the rucks yesterday. People saying that Canberra are a sh#t team, really. They have massive forwards and big, fast outside backs. They beat the Tigers by 60 two games ago and they smashed the Bulldogs too.
When this team finds it's groove and confidence, we are a capable team. If we make the top 8 again I hope the negative people don't say we fell into the top 8. Nobody falls into the top 8 two years in a row. Please dont say we accept mediocrity, it's a cop out, finals footy is finals footy. Long way to go ín the season, Go dragons!!!

Kuro

Juniors
Agree with you Minh - whilst I wish the team will find a groove and just 'click' in for the rest of the season, I'm not sure this will happen. If we make it in the 8 this year it will be through playing that scrappy grinding footy and snagging a spot from 5th-8th.
The top 4 are entrenched and the middle table dwellers will fight it out - we have that style of footy to do that as long as we can get rid of those stupid plays we occasionally put on.

Dragons 09

Juniors
Biggest positive for me is the players attitudes. While ever they stay committed and giving there all (as they have done all season so far), then we are a chance of raising a few eyebrows along the way. The kicker is however, they need to be given the correct script to follow, but in the spirit of this threads topic, i won't venture into that matter.

Biggest positive for me is the players attitudes. While ever they stay committed and giving there all (as they have done all season so far), then we are a chance of raising a few eyebrows along the way. The kicker is however, they need to be given the correct script to follow, but in the spirit of this threads topic, i won't venture into that matter.

Agree. The boys dug deep all game and ground out an unlikely win.

Yes there are improvements needed by some and more X factor need to be scouted, however after watching years of Sharks built around a similar game plan, there is the foundation in the Dragons side to build a real quality outfit.

Keep your heads up boys. Be proud of the gutsy effort and don't forget that Canberra side are the 3rd best attacking side in the comp and your boys held them to 2 try's

TruSaint

Referee
Agree. The boys dug deep all game and ground out an unlikely win.

Yes there are improvements needed by some and more X factor need to be scouted, however after watching years of Sharks built around a similar game plan, there is the foundation in the Dragons side to build a real quality outfit.

Keep your heads up boys. Be proud of the gutsy effort and don't forget that Canberra side are the 3rd best attacking side in the comp and your boys held them to 2 try's

Good point Mills. (bold)

For our lack of attacking flair, we kept them to 12 points. Some of the scrambling defence was awesome.

Thought our pack stood up well, and Benji played smart with some nice deft kicks and solid one on one tackles. Aitken is slowly developing in to a possible rep player and seems to love his footy.

Its not all doom and gloom. We have work to do, and need some spark in attack no doubt, but the effort last night was there for all to see.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Positives: Here are 10;
1: Unbelievably we are in the 8 and will be no matter what happens in other games this round.
2: We scored 2 tries in the second half last night.
3: Seeing how much winning last night meant to them
4: Players giving their all even when they were busted (Friz at times last night looked like death)
5: There was support play and offloads
6: Experienced heads showing the younger brigade what to do in tight situation (Nighty, Dugan and Marshall)
7: We kept them to 2 (fortunate) tries without our most lethal defensive weapon (JDB)
8: The rise of young Aitkin
9: Nightingale plays for us (he may not have the pace, but surely has the best situational footy brain in the club)
10: Return to point 1 and start reading again.

TruSaint

Referee
1: Unbelievably we are in the 8 and will be no matter what happens in other games this round.
4: Players giving their all even when they were busted (Friz at times last night looked like death)
6: Experienced heads showing the younger brigade what to do in tight situation (Nighty, Dugan and Marshall)
7: We kept them to 2 (fortunate) tries without our most lethal defensive weapon (JDB)
9: Nightingale plays for us (he may not have the pace, but surely has the best situational footy brain in the club)

Nighty is a freak. Dugan was awesome.
Good post.

It's pretty clear that we are not playing up to our full potential and some games have been very poor especially against the Warriors and Sharks but yet we still find ourselves sitting in the top 8 after 10 rounds.
Good to see some second phase footy and support players around the rucks yesterday. People saying that Canberra are a sh#t team, really. They have massive forwards and big, fast outside backs. They beat the Tigers by 60 two games ago and they smashed the Bulldogs too.
When this team finds it's groove and confidence, we are a capable team. If we make the top 8 again I hope the negative people don't say we fell into the top 8. Nobody falls into the top 8 two years in a row. Please dont say we accept mediocrity, it's a cop out, finals footy is finals footy. Long way to go ín the season, Go dragons!!!

You're under 15, aren't you? It's the only explanation fur such dribble.

Go join a kids forum.

Straight Shooter

Old Timer

Coach
A real positive for me is the predictability of the baggers.

It will not make one ounce of difference whether we win, lose, draw they will always be miserable and I derive some morbid pleasure from knowing how miserable they are.

If Sportsbet ever give odds on them having a positive moment we will all clean up.

TruSaint

Referee
A real positive for me is the predictability of the baggers.

It will not make one ounce of difference whether we win, lose, draw they will always be miserable and I derive some morbid pleasure from knowing how miserable they are.

If Sportsbet ever give odds on them having a positive moment we will all clean up.

This...

Okrad

Juniors
Hi all. Long time browser first time poster. I can understand the negativity. Has been a very frustrating few years on so many levels. But the optimist in me says that we are in the 8 despite the fact we have been ordinary, we are perennial slow starters and we are capable of going on a good run like last year. Funnily enough that started with a win over Canberra!

TruSaint

Referee
Hi all. Long time browser first time poster. I can understand the negativity. Has been a very frustrating few years on so many levels. But the optimist in me says that we are in the 8 despite the fact we have been ordinary, we are perennial slow starters and we are capable of going on a good run like last year. Funnily enough that started with a win over Canberra!

welcome to the forum Okrad. :D

Jubileeboy

First Grade

Great post any good points. Love it.

Objective view - go f**k yourself, you ignorant twat.

Walpole

Juniors
OV could f*** off altogether, that would be a positive. But at least we don't hear as much from the miserable prick after a win.

The boys all put in, Dugan, Nighty and Aitken were great. The forwards stood up to a bigger pack. It was great to see the reactions of the fans on the hill when Aitken scored, genuine fans excited at getting a last gasp win. Geat stuff. And all done in the dark!

Jubileeboy

First Grade
OV could f*** off altogether, that would be a positive. But at least we don't hear as much from the miserable prick after a win.

The boys all put in, Dugan, Nighty and Aitken were great. The forwards stood up to a bigger pack. It was great to see the reactions of the fans on the hill when Aitken scored, genuine fans excited at getting a last gasp win. Geat stuff. And all done in the dark!

Nice. Great way to win and Aitkens interview showed him for he great kid he is.
Young, enthusiastic and raw emotion of unexpectedly scoring the match winner.
Hope he has a long career in the Red V

TruSaint

Referee

saintjeff

Juniors

Yes walpole agree re hill. i was one of those on the hill
Reminded me of games in the 92/93 era
Excited puts it mildly
Fan bloody tastic
Those emotions are of a real fan re hill not someone who uses the forum to talk nonsense
Look at the players reaction also

Last edited: