What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible reason why Grothe didn't make NSW

Hurriflatch

Referee
Just thought about this

maybe the fact Grothe didn't play on Sunday cost him a spot

With Parra having the bye next week and players not playing ion round 11.

It would mean that had Grothe made the side it would've been close to 3 weeks without a game.

MitchEel

Juniors
You could be right though i think that if was the right man for the job then he still wouldve been chosen. Morro definately should have been there though

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
looking at the players that have been selected, I think thier mind was already made up

most guys have been selected on last years form anyway

verywet_eels

Juniors
Why you would choose Ben Creagh over Morro. Although Morro didnt play that well in city v country he made a big impact in the parra v cowboys game. Stupid Selectors.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Ben Creagh would of got a spot in the 30 because he has played centre and back-row. Same reason that hack Phil Bailey got a spot before.

fish eel

Immortal
I would say Grothe didnt get selected because he has had some shocking moments earlier this year, they've given him the taste of city country but are looking for more consistency and fewer brain explosions before getting the S.O.O call up.

strider

Post Whore
Nah....he played on Friday night - in any normal round of NRL there are teams that play their weekly game on Friday night which I reckon selectors would consider the same as Sunday......I don't think it would be a factor.

stiffmeister

Bench
My humble opinion on why Grothe was not chosen is due to the fact that Ricky did not think highly of him at the Roosters. How many first grade games did Groth play for the rorters? A handful?

PB

Bench
Thats right Stiff.

And if anyone thinks Lewis has been picked on form this year..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I believe the Penrith club have saved money on dry cleaning as Lewis is yet to get any dirt on his uniform..... :!:

Clarkieel

Juniors
its simple he didnt get picked cayuse heplays for the eels and not stuarts rooters or daleys dragqueens

The Colonel

Immortal
The NSW selectors will select the players that did the job in the past while adding a few players here and there for the future. They are following the lead set by Queensland where players were picked on name rather than form.

IMO Grothey will get the chance sooner rather than later - King doesn't have the big game mindset to perform at the top level IMO. Grothey will get his chance in the second or third game and grab it with both hands.

Lewis and King are the flavour of the month whereas Rooney and Grothe are the real deal. Neither Rooney or Eric receive the press these two do but they are always consistent.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Grothe might be considered cause he used to play for the Roosters.

The reason they wont pick him is cause Parramatta have got the bye this week, and he didnt play on the weekend.

Its stupid cause they said they wing spot is up for grabs, yet they only picked one winger Lewis, he's been playing poor and has been playing in the centres. What a joke. :roll:

The Colonel

Immortal
King played most of last season on the wing and is being considered for both positions. Cooper has also played wing. Creagh is being considered as both a back rower and centre.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Creagh. :roll:

Why not just pick anyone from Roosters or Dragons, none of them are in the 8 and Parramatta's ahead of them.

The Colonel

Immortal
PARRA_FAN said:
Creagh. :roll:

Why not just pick anyone from Roosters or Dragons, none of them are in the 8 and Parramatta's ahead of them.

While I'd like to see a few of our boys get the recognition be thankful that the likes of Manly, Roosters and Dragons players being selected can only help our cause in the long term. ;-)

The selection of Creagh is a joke. How the reasonable performance of one player over nine ROUNDS of football (Creagh) can outshine a top performer over 6-7 YEARS (Morrison) I'll never know.

At least on the bright side, the Eels will benefit with all players except Hindy on deck for the Manly game. :twisted:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yes thats true, even without Hindmarsh there's plenty of good replacements. For our sake I hope Morrison doesnt get picked so he can play against Manly. :D

The Colonel

Immortal
It appears likely that Manly will be missing Watmough or Kite, Kennedy and Menzies. Makes a mess of their back row if thats the case.

Latest posts