What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre Season Big Game

Pistol

Coach
This is my thoughts.

We have an All Star game, like the Ryder Cup.

The Chinese All Stars vs The F7s All Stars

Each team will have a non playing skipper. And that skipper will select 5 players. 3 players will square off in a 1 on 1 contest. The winner will be declared after the most "wins".

Thoughts.....

bartman

Immortal
Interesting... the match play aspect might be good incorporated in a comp like the PvP, with the set topics.

But if you get enough players willing to throw one out there for an all-star game pre-season, then why not?

Pistol

Coach
We could do various things to mirror a sort of "Ryder Cup" thing, but that would complicate the comp. :lol:

not overly

as long as it draws interest from outside parties then its all good. It'll be fun to have an all star game

perhaps the marauders can take on an all star team i suppose.

the ryder cup format draws interest and places importance in one on one match ups. its like the european captain selecting lee westwood or sergio garcia to take on phil mickelson or tiger woods. it's a strategy based scenario which i think might go down well and be a little fun in the process at the same time attracting interest from outside the F7s community which is what its all about

not overly

as long as it draws interest from outside parties then its all good. It'll be fun to have an all star game
Exactly, the game is all about fun, so it'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

perhaps the marauders can take on an all star team i suppose.
Interesting, I would love to see the Mauraders in this game, as your team most probably. There always has been plenty of interest in seeing you play. The opposition though, it'll be interesting to see who it could actually be.

the ryder cup format draws interest and places importance in one on one match ups. its like the european captain selecting lee westwood or sergio garcia to take on phil mickelson or tiger woods. it's a strategy based scenario which i think might go down well and be a little fun in the process at the same time attracting interest from outside the F7s community which is what its all about
A game focusing on one-on-one. Interesting idea. Would it work say, captain 1 picks an opponent for a player, then captain 2 repeats (then again). The last two will play each other.

Or something like that. :lol:

Pistol, another thought.

As I mentioned, I love the idea of the Maurauders being a part of the game. It would be your team. For the opposition, maybe the community should vote on who will captain the side (as long as they haven't previously been a Maurauder perhaps).

Latest posts