What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predict the Mad Monday headlines

BuffaloRules

Coach
Why cant we stay out of trouble like our Victorian cousins??

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spo...aim-to-stay-out-of-trouble-20090901-f5ep.html

Cleanskin Swans aim to stay out of trouble
MICHAEL COWLEY

September 1, 2009 - 12:08AM
EVEN before they had heard the news of rugby league's latest off-field scandal yesterday, Swans players had been spoken with about their behaviour during their traditional Mad Monday celebrations.
Having finished their season prematurely without a finals appearance for the first time in seven seasons, the Swans donned their fancy-dress outfits, and embarked on a day of drinking and unwinding after a long season, at an inner-city hotel. The event at the pub was strictly for players and football staff.
But leadership group member Luke Ablett said the players were well aware of their responsibilities and would also be on the lookout for each other.
When quizzed if the incident involving Sydney Roosters utility Setaimata Sa would make them even more wary of their behaviour, Ablett admitted: ''That's the first I've heard of it.''
''Even from when I started, eight or nine years ago, up until now, the day [Mad Monday] is a lot more controlled,'' Ablett said. ''There is a lot more scrutiny on the way players behave these days.
''We have spoken as a group about making sure - if you see anyone who looks like they might be getting out of control - to make sure you pull them in, or put them in a cab and send them home.
''So there's a few things we've put in place as a playing group to make sure no one gets in any of those situations. I think everyone understands the level of scrutiny we're all under these days and tries to do the right thing.''
The Swans are a club which prides itself on its culture and responsible behaviour in the community, and while there have been countless NRL incidents in this city, and also several instances of AFL players behaving badly in Melbourne and other cities, the Swans have for some time been complete cleanskins when it comes to off-field incidents.
The behaviour might not have been outlandish but the outfits yesterday were.
There were the Super Mario brothers, a Frenchman or two, Santa Claus, Jesse White looked to be doing an impersonation of Frank-N-Furter from The Rocky Horror Picture Show wearing black, skin-tight compression pants and top, and long sleeve gloves, while Jarrad McVeigh, complete with mullet, might be wanting to play for the Western Sydney Bogans.
Can there be glory without the blood and guts?

Maybe the Swans can give the Roosters some advise on their "no dikheads but plenty of hush money" policy??

Canard

Immortal
Would it be cause no-one knows who they are? So its less likely to be reported to the media?

My Headline

"Cowboys become first team to lose to the Washington Generals in 80 years!"

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
The Sunday Telegraph - NEWS LTD TO LEAVE NRL more on page 67

page 67, David Gallop - "I will never leave the NRL"

Latest posts