What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predicted 2021 finish

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I honestly don't see much difference between this year and last. We debut juniors most years, in 2020 it was Ramsey, Sullivan and Max Feagai. We got rid of some deadwood but only replaced it with more deadwood. In 2020 we had a coach who wouldn't drop Norman so we replaced him - with a coach who wouldn't drop Norman. Yes we got JDB back, a man so traumatised by his court appearances that he chose to attend the first illegal bbq he could - no change to team culture there. We may not be battling for the spoon, but we have lost to the wooden spooners. It has certainly been a disruptive year - for all teams - but for us the worst of it has been self inflicted.

Wish I had your optimism. 13th this year. 13th next year.
Thats fine time will prove me right

Maddragon99

Juniors
Just read both McCullough & Lawrie are out for the season. Ankle surgery for Macca & broken hand for Lawrie. Clune to 9 & Kerr to start at prop I guess.

what a year with injuries & suspensions.

So that’s Vaughan, Hunt, McInnes, Ramsey, McCullough & Lawrie all out for various reasons.

Dragon David

First Grade
Just read both McCullough & Lawrie are out for the season. Ankle surgery for Macca & broken hand for Lawrie. Clune to 9 & Kerr to start at prop I guess.

So that’s Vaughan, Hunt, McInnes, Ramsey, McCullough & Lawrie all out for various reasons.
Hoping for better luck next year with everything for us all.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors

This shows that our year was always going to be ordinary. People have been calling for the heads of the coach, his staff, the BOD and most of the playing squad. OK, I can understand people wanting to get rid of the BOD. Why do they never issue reports about their Mission Statement, their plans for the future, their KPIs? Introduce some sort of accountability and justification for their existence! The team is falling down a hole. Not all is Hook's fault. Too many injuries and suspensions to realistically expect a finals finish. Sure, a lot of suspensions were self inflicted, but I blame the offenders, not the coach. I recommend that we suck it up, say good riddance to 2021 and expect better in 2022. We can't sack everyone!

Lawman

Juniors
2021 would've been St George's 100th but St George don't play in the NRL. St George/Illawarra's 100th will be 2099 so rest easy boys, long time till your centenery.
I have lost count,the number of name changes of the Rorters over the years.No wonder,your club desperately wanted a joint venture with the Dragons back in the 1990's,but we said NO,to your Brown Paper Bags etc.
Dragons are celebrating their 100th Year,this year,check out the Dragons Official Website,a lot of items being sold from 1921.

Maddragon99

Juniors
This shows that our year was always going to be ordinary. People have been calling for the heads of the coach, his staff, the BOD and most of the playing squad. OK, I can understand people wanting to get rid of the BOD. Why do they never issue reports about their Mission Statement, their plans for the future, their KPIs? Introduce some sort of accountability and justification for their existence! The team is falling down a hole. Not all is Hook's fault. Too many injuries and suspensions to realistically expect a finals finish. Sure, a lot of suspensions were self inflicted, but I blame the offenders, not the coach. I recommend that we suck it up, say good riddance to 2021 and expect better in 2022. We can't sack everyone!
Coach Griffin is part of the problem, his sycophants with Corey Norman & Gerald Beale, bizarre team selections like Bird going from second row to fullback, if he doesn’t want to play Dufty or Sloan then Zac Lomax would have been at better alternative. Finally blaming the referee is always a sure sign of desperation.

Sure maybe he’ll turn it all around next year & that would be awesome but I don’t see it happening.

hewi

Bench
From Fox Sports team tips

Team Tips: Tariq Sims will come straight back in for the Dragons, with Billy Burns’ place in the 17 subject to him passing concussion protocols. Andrew McCullough’s ankle injury leaves the Dragons light on at hooker with the club said to be exploring the loan market for options. Failing that they may have to turn to Adam Clune or Josh McGuire at No. 9. Blake Lawrie’s injury opens the door for Jayden Hunt or Poasa Faamausili

Note no mention of Norman been dropped, maybe he can play hooker😂😂

Gareth67

First Grade
Who ever plays in whatever position , I would just like to see the boys put in their best against the rorters .

The rorters will undoubtedly go out there expecting an easy game and a lopsided scoreline in their favor , along with the usual assistance from the ref as is par for course against the Dragons .

So if our lads are able to pull together as a team and keep the score respectable then they will at least give us hope for next season .

Maddragon99

Juniors
From Fox Sports team tips

Team Tips: Tariq Sims will come straight back in for the Dragons, with Billy Burns’ place in the 17 subject to him passing concussion protocols. Andrew McCullough’s ankle injury leaves the Dragons light on at hooker with the club said to be exploring the loan market for options. Failing that they may have to turn to Adam Clune or Josh McGuire at No. 9. Blake Lawrie’s injury opens the door for Jayden Hunt or Poasa Faamausili

Note no mention of Norman been dropped, maybe he can play hooker😂😂
Mybe would be useful about now