What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predicted Finish

Where will the Raiders finish after 26 rounds?

• 1st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Top 4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kaon

Juniors
Along the lines of the other thread where do you think the Raiders will finish after 26 rounds?

Before the start of the season i predicted 6th and i would have been very happy with that. After seeing how much progress we have made as a club in the off-season translate itself on the field with our current position on the ladder, i would be very disappointed with anything outside the top 4. One thing i must say is that we have been pretty fortunate that we haven't had any serious injuries to key players for extended periods. Our forward depth is fine but we would struggle with the backs.

legend

Coach
We are on the way to the top four after last nights victory. I was amazed that we won the game after being down 10-0 and we played awful footy for the first half but once McLinden was on, he carved the Warriors up like he did last year.

Ruben was again a thorn in their side and his try had me laughing my arse off with a few mates. It was beautiful to watch.

Next week we get Terry Martin and Adam Mogg back and we need to have a good win against the Sharks to prove we ar a premiership threat.

With Martin and Mogg back, our defence should be rock solid like it was in the opening five rounds. They are essential for our premiership campaign.

legend

Coach
Lol Willow. After last night's win it wold be virtually impossible for us to miss out on the top eight.

We are equal first after eleven rounds and ony need three more wins to make the top eight.

You'll just have to keep your envy in check for a little while longer mate. 8)

Anonymous

Juniors
LOL
Well I think the poll is tainted and therefore I've decided to vote informal. Nevertheless, I'm sure the Raiders will give it a shake this year. Lofty heights and mindless ambition always deserve the best of luck.

legend

Coach
Mindless ambition? :roll:

I think you have us mixed up with St George.

I know it's a bit cliched but look at the table. 10 matches for two losses. Best record in the NRL I do believe!

Anonymous

Juniors
Oh I always look at the scoreboard... but I also keep an eye on the season ahead. We're still way short of the half way point. But like I said, the green ones will give it a shake.

salivor

First Grade
legend said:
I know it's a bit cliched but look at the table. 10 matches for two losses. Best record in the NRL I do believe!

Try 11 matches for only 2 losses. We've had 9 wins to your 8, no bye as of yet for us to prop up our points.

legend

Coach
The round 14 clash should be for first place if things go according to plan. We have the Sharks away then Eels at home. You guys have the Knights then the bye so the round 14 clash with be for first spot.

I think i'll make the trek down the Canberra to watch the Raiders dispell any myths about their credentials. :lol:

salivor

First Grade
You know as well as I do legend that beating an understrength, tired and injured Broncos side after origin isn't going to prove much. Its the Roosters who are the yardstick for every team in this comp. We'll see how the Raiders go in that one, my bet is they won't even get close.

legend

Coach
I think we can give the Roosters a run for their money. We play them the last round before the semi finals.

This is our year of breaking hoodoos and we have already done things that were way beyond what people expected of us. Winning at the SFS was a major hoodoo and we beat that one and we have also won five away games, another hoodoo.

I don't mind that other teams supporters keep writing us off. It makes winning games all the more enjoyable. :)

Anonymous

Juniors
bronco said:
You know as well as I do legend that beating an understrength, tired and injured Broncos side after origin isn't going to prove much. Its the Roosters who are the yardstick for every team in this comp. We'll see how the Raiders go in that one, my bet is they won't even get close.

Sounds like you're making excuses already. :wink:
btw, Saints showed other teams how to beat Easts.

Legend. I really enjoying this 'everyone writes us off stuff'. Its like you're saving up jelly babies to throw them over the balcony when the Raiders make the semis.

Truth is, most have rated the Raiders well this year but are savvy enough to acknowledge the long season ahead.

salivor

First Grade
Not conceding defeat yet. Though you've got us at an easy time. The real test would be facing us before or after origin. I'm still confident we can beat Canberra. I was talking with someone today who would be in our baby Broncos squad and it looked bloody good. We've got the talent to back up if we cop a few injuries from origin and rest a couple of players.

Willow, the Saints also showed other teams how to lose to Manly.

legend

Coach
Truth is, most have rated the Raiders well this year but are savvy enough to acknowledge the long season ahead.

Where do you get this BS from Willow? How about we go back through some threads at LWOS asking for everyones top eight predictions?

Apart from Raiders fans, how many people would have tipped Canberra to make the top eight? About 5% of all fans i'd say and you certainly weren't one of them.
[/i]

salivor

First Grade
Wasn't there a particular thread on lwos in pre season where the Dragons fans rubished Canberra's chances? I can see this one getting ugly :wink:

Anonymous

Juniors
No worries legend... copy and paste the posts if you can find them. All I remember is most people rating the Raiders as a potential for the top eight. I think I said 8th at the time.

Btw, I hear there's a special on Jelly Babies at Franklins this week.

legend

Coach
Willows top eight predictions:

St George
Broncos
Parraeels
Canterbury
Warriors
Easts
Newcastle
Scum
Raiders