What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premier League Discussion

greeneyed

First Grade
We won 38-28 (I think) in Premier League. Marshall Chalk scored three tries from fullback. Carney and Campese had excellent games. Campese set up the first try with a beautiful pass and scored the second. The Dogs only scored a try in the last 5 seconds, so it would have been a bigger win....

We lost by 2 points in Jersey Flegg, after scoring 24 points to 8 in the first half. Jade Williams performed brilliantly, as did William Zillman. Zillman put the Raiders back in front almost single handed towards the end of the game, going to a 4 point lead with 3 minutes to go. However, the Dogs scored in the last minute, from a kick ahead, regather and then what I believe was a forward pass, to put the scorer under the posts on the final tackle. Kick in front saw them win 36-34 (I think).

Gavin Badger in Premier League demonstrated why he is refereeing Premier League. Simpkins also demonstrated why he should be in Premier League with some very bad calls. Not blaming it for the loss, just that the performance was clearly not up to standard.

greeneyed

First Grade
Brave performance from the Jersey Flegg side, considering that they were clearly outsized by an "older" team from the Dogs.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Schif, Macca, Drew axed.

Chalk, Campese, Carney in.

Let's face it apart from the try Schif had a shocker and we cant afford to let our Premier League's team performances go unnoticed. We have already lost Kouparitsis, let's not lose chalk and co as well. It's time they got rewarded for their form not just given token 10 minute games off the bench.

Ricky Stuart and other top coaches dont cop these types of efforts so why does Elliot?

sydraider

First Grade
Ricky Stuart and other top coaches dont cop these types of efforts so why does Elliot?

I have been baffled by that question for some time now!
No more positives matty, no more quotes, DO YOUR DAMN JOB!

azza

Juniors
Elliot is weak. When was the last time you heard him fire up and say something controversial (no I don't mean his funny quotes)? Too many fruit loops for breakfast, IMO.

But seriously I really think he should come out and admit the team is not playing well, and explain what he is doing to rectify the problem. I would have more respect for him that way. This blind "head in the clouds" positivity means we continue to ignore our weaknesses and just hope that one day it will click for us. There has not been an ounce of improvement in the team all year, especially in attack.

azza

Juniors
Elliot is weak. When was the last time you heard him fire up and say something controversial (no I don't mean his funny quotes)? Too many fruit loops for breakfast, IMO.

But seriously I really think he should come out and admit the team is not playing well, and explain what he is doing to rectify the problem. I would have more respect for him that way. This blind "head in the clouds" positivity means we continue to ignore our weaknesses and just hope that one day it will click for us. There has not been an ounce of improvement in the team all year, especially in attack.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Let's face it apart from the try Schif had a shocker

I deadset wonder which games people here watch. Schif had one dropped ball against him, but otherwise dug in and showed more guts that the entire forward pack combined. If we had a team who were all like him, we'd win a hell of a lot more football games.

Tokyo_Raider said:
Let's face it apart from the try Schif had a shocker

I deadset wonder which games people here watch. Schif had one dropped ball against him, but otherwise dug in and showed more guts that the entire forward pack combined. If we had a team who were all like him, we'd win a hell of a lot more football games.

Agreed, his blemish for mine was the bomb he let hit the ground. Other than that he was his usual self. Nobody mentions the time he picked the 2 on 1 and saved the try, albeit for seconds. Nor the crunching tackle that broke Billy Slater. He smashed him good and proper. I also read somewhere that he kept getting 'dominant' tackles on him. Yeah, the bloke with the most offloads, and running metres in the comp, is dominated in the tackle :roll: He just digs in low and pushes through. The bloke is strong for his size.