What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premier League Results

Jeffles

Bench
Parramatta 32 Manly 24
Sydney Roosters 28 Newcastle 10
Canterbury 36 Norths 24
Souths 18 Newtown 16
Cronulla 36 Canberra 16

I do not have the score for Saints v Cougars

Balmain and Wests had byes.

HIGHLIGHTS

* The superb contest between Newtown and Souths. No the prettiest of gams but with tries being scored one by one no team ever led by more than 4 points. A memorable match of RL. Souths breaking the hearts of the strong Jets crowd with a 78th minute try.

*Cronulla upset Canberra. In a feat that was to be copied by their NRL counterparts, the Sharks easily accounted for one of the Premier League's heavyweights.

* Norths improving form. Despite not beating the much faniced Bulldogs, the Bears are making these games interesting, unlike last year when matches often ended for them at the kickoff.

*Parramatta won over Manly as expected. But their overall form is questionable. They do not look as convincing as last year. It probably reflects the fortune of the club overall at senior level.

Jeffles

Bench
The Saints beat the Cougars 22-20 in a thrilling match.

It was always going to be a close match considering the calibre of these sides. But the Dragons looked likemaking it something different, racing to a 16-0 lead after as many minutes.

Over the next 50 minutes, the Cougars chipped away at the deficit with four tries and took a 20-16 lead in the 66th minute.

A try in the dying minutes sealed the win for the Saints 22-20.

Fanny Batter

Juniors
wot about the bears.

they were 16-0 down against the therapists (think about it) and then they put in 4 tries and it woz 24-16. but they lost :?

last week they beat the shakrs after being down 20-0 and they only had 12 men

id b scared to play against them. u can neva b sure.

Jeffles

Bench
Yeah good points there. The Bears have improved. And their crowds are on the up too. It's great to see the colours go round. Flo and Gary Larson are very commited guys. They want to be taken seriously and they have bolstered their roster accordingly. They could be contect living off the Leagues Club grant but there is a lot more work being done behind the scenes there.

The Frank Hyde Cup will be a great clash. I think the sides are very evenly poised. BUT THE JETS WILL FLY THAT DAY!!!

Fanny,
You know what sort of crowds the Bears are getting at NSO?

Where are they strong?

Iz youse a bearz phan? Dose uz lov da bearz?

Fanny Batter

Juniors
r u making fun of me.

i like 2 type like this cos its quicka. im not stupid

i like the bears but i dont hav one team. i live in sydney but i liked the steelers. now i dont really follow anyone. i went to see norths at nso. i also went a couple of timez last year. the crowd looked a bit bigger. not too gr8 but if they r getting bigga then good on em.

Fanny Batter

Juniors
chill out brook. i think u r bein a bit picky.

i could spell correctly but i cant b bothered. its quicka this way,

y dont we get on with talkin about footy.