What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premier League team for Cougars game

roopy

Referee
Dean Amos
Joshua Smith
Gavin Quinn
Michael Young
Luke Mercer
Riley Brown
Chris Tyrie (c)
Brendan Worth
Michael Ennis
Chris Nolan
Matthew Bartlett
Mark Jaques
Todd Bates
Interchange:

Dane Tilse
Daniel Tolar
Matthew White
Cheyne McIntyre
Shaun Wallace

This is a BIG side. Worth, Nolan, Tilse, Tolar and White are all over 100kg easily, and Bartlett, Jaques and McIntyre would be just short of 100kg.

The backline has Quinn and Young at 3 and 4, which is where they were named last week, but they played the opposite way around last week, which is sensible because it groups each younger guy with an older guy (Smith and Young, Quinn and Mercer).

Riley Brown has his first starting game at 5/8. I didn't even know he played the position. I have never seen any sign he has a good passing or kicking game, so this should be an interesting experiment to watch.

Bates moves to lock. This could be about giving him some time in the forwards because he is considered a utility player (can play forward or back) when he is on the bench for firstgrade, and he hasn't had much forward time this year, or it could be just to have a bit more experience in the forwards. Jaques and Ennis are the only two forwards from last week's starting team. Worth and Bartlett come off the bench into the starting lineup and Nolan is straight into the starting team from playing real NRL last week. Tolar, White, McIntyre and Wallace are all back as replacements.

This week they play the Cougars who are coming about mid table, with some good wins and some average games as well(6 wins, 4 loses). If we had our best side I would give us a good chance to spring an upset, but we have too many young forwards I think. Many of our young forwards will be trying very hard to show they have something to offer because the four bench spots for our regular team could be filled by any of these blokes (and have been during the season) so we will have ten young guys giving their best shots to keep in the side, but I don't think it will be good enough to get us home.

Latest posts