What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

premier league today???

smeghead

Bench
Balmain played well in patches to dispose of Canberra at Leichhardt 36-22 from memory

Wests losts but I can't comment to much because I wasn't there for that one at Henson today

Dallas

Juniors
As usual, the magpies lost.

Why? Because Balmain have taken all our players. Once a player makes first grade for a few matches then he is taken by Balmain. All due to your so-called "Supercoaches" ideas.

What a load of codswallop.

Balmain are 3rd or 4th on the table because of OUR PLAYERS playing for you.

Bring on next season I say.

Bench
Dallas said:

Why? Because Balmain have taken all our players. Once a player makes first grade for a few matches then he is taken by Balmain. All due to your so-called "Supercoaches" ideas.

Bloody frustrating I know Dallas,why can't all the players go to Wests?,even though Balmain keep taking them,Wests keep finding more.
Sort of like when Manly use to keep taking from us.

gr8_1

Juniors
Dallas said:

You mean they have Wests Tigers players playing for them.

smeghead

Bench
Dallas said:

Is it a crappy thing? Yes it is.

Who is to blame? Really Magpies have nowhere to lay their blame but strictly at the feet of their own belligerent board. The board whose representatives storm out of meeting rather than push the Magpies case in said meetings. It is of course much easier to grandstand and make shock exits from meetings than actually do the job that the members of the club elected them to do

smeghead

Bench
Also I am actually unsure of the origin of many of the players named in this weeks BRET PL squad.

Can someone fill in the blanks

1. Rhys Hanbury
2. Jason Moodie
3. Ben Jeffery St George Junior
4. Matt Parata
5. Lee Bennett ©
6. Tim Moltzen
7. Blake Lazarus
8. Luke Harlen St George Junior
9. Stuart Flanagan Wests Junior
10. Ryan O'Hara Bulldogs Junior
11. Jarrod Saffy SA Rugby
12. Rocky Trimarchi Wests Junior
13. Tevita Metuisela Bought from Melbourne

14. David Marando
15. Lewis Brown
16. Dene Halatau Parra Junior
18. Tom Harberecht
21. Sam Moa

gr8_1

Juniors
smeghead said:
Is it a crappy thing? Yes it is.

Who is to blame? Really Magpies have nowhere to lay their blame but strictly at the feet of their own belligerent board. The board whose representatives storm out of meeting rather than push the Magpies case in said meetings. It is of course much easier to grandstand and make shock exits from meetings than actually do the job that the members of the club elected them to do

Don't get invloved mate. Not worth the argument.

gr8_1

Juniors
1. Rhys Hanbury Souths
2. Jason Moodie Newcastle
4. Matt Parata Keebra
5. Lee Bennett © St George
6. Tim Moltzen Central Coast
7. Blake Lazarus Balmain ?
8. Luke Harlen Cronulla ?
13. Tevita Metuisela ?

14. David Marando Balmain ?
15. Lewis Brown Keebra ?
16. Dene Halatau Parra Junior / Balmain Junior Rep
18. Tom Harberecht St George
21. Sam Moa Keebra

gallagher

Juniors
gr8_1 said:
1. Rhys Hanbury Souths
2. Jason Moodie Newcastle
4. Matt Parata Keebra
5. Lee Bennett © St George
6. Tim Moltzen Central Coast
7. Blake Lazarus Balmain ?
8. Luke Harlen Cronulla ?
13. Tevita Metuisela ?

14. David Marando Balmain ?
15. Lewis Brown Keebra ?
16. Dene Halatau Parra Junior / Balmain Junior Rep
18. Tom Harberecht St George
21. Sam Moa Keebra

So only two Wests blokes playing for BRET. Balmain have hardly taken all our players as suggested by Dallas.

joejoe

Juniors
The facts are 1 rouge member of the Wests Group of the JV's Board obstained from voting, handing the power to the Balmian side. That's why the other Wests Board members walked.

In disgust!

gr8_1

Juniors
gallagher said:
So only two Wests blokes playing for BRET. Balmain have hardly taken all our players as suggested by Dallas.

Yep in that team lineup. They take all of Wests Tigers players.

Dallas said:

Wrong ….only players contracted to the Wests Tigers play for BRET, and once the Wests Tigers are paying their contracts they are no longer Wests Magpies players, and therefore the JV should decide where those players play when not required for NRL.
Any coach would want his players playing for one club and not split between the two…don’t blame Tim Sheens because of some old dinosaurs who couldn’t see that the premier league sides needed to be merged…
NRL and Premier League (Wests Tigers) all junior levels below that (Balmain and Wests Magpies), that’s the way it should have been.

Dallas said:

Wrong again…they are WESTS TIGERS PLAYERS

gr8_1

Juniors
The Fruit Pickers said:
Wrong ….only players contracted to the Wests Tigers play for BRET, and once the Wests Tigers are paying their contracts they are no longer Wests Magpies players, and therefore the JV should decide where those players play when not required for NRL.
Any coach would want his players playing for one club and not split between the two…don’t blame Tim Sheens because of some old dinosaurs who couldn’t see that the premier league sides needed to be merged…
NRL and Premier League (Wests Tigers) all junior levels below that (Balmain and Wests Magpies), that’s the way it should have been.

Wrong again…they are WESTS TIGERS PLAYERS

Exactly, well said.

gallagher

Juniors
gr8_1 said:
Yep in that team lineup. They take all of Wests Tigers players.

Yeah I know how it works. Seems to me the maggie supporters are against their juniors going up to the NRL.

gr8_1

Juniors
gallagher said:
Yeah I know how it works. Seems to me the maggie supporters are against their juniors going up to the NRL.

Just the minority that still think they will once again be a stand alone team in an elite competition.

I'm actually glad players like Rocky can develop there skills at a professionally run club at Concord.