What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premiership this year ....

Crush

Coach
I agree with that so long as his contract isn't extended 10 rounds into the comp again. He deserves to see out this year (extenuating circumstances obviously)
Yeah agreed but I doubt the club will even wait 10 weeks before they extend him.
I reckon Anzac Day. How many weeks is that?

Crush

Coach
Yeah, that sounds about right, we will be on 10 points by then and he'll be extended.
I remember last extension in here and @Objective View lost the plot and said he was checking out of the forum and going to support the Storm. Funny stuff. He took a little break and came back a few weeks later calling for Mary to be sacked.
Good times.

SBD82

Coach
Yeah, that sounds about right, we will be on 10 points by then and he'll be extended.
I remember last extension in here and @Objective View lost the plot and said he was checking out of the forum and going to support the Storm. Funny stuff. He took a little break and came back a few weeks later calling for Mary to be sacked.
Good times.

Yeah. I don’t think Mary should be extended, but the inevitable meltdowns in here are at least mildly amusing, even if they’re pretty irritating.

Good times.
Honestly, don’t blame him one bit.

SBD82

Coach
We are equal first at the moment. For & against isn’t flash but we haven’t picked up any injuries of note so let’s see how things pan out.
After tonight we will be equal second last. The season is practically over already.

Life's Good

Coach
Unlike many I find the amount of cover and various combinations possible in our spine a concern. Yeah we have great depth at 5/8’ fullback, hooker and halfback if needed, but consistency versus confusion could be the issue. Our wingers are iffy and our centres are problematic. In short I don’t think we can win. The Roosters, Cronulla, the Broncos, Souths and Melbourne are all strong sides, so to me while I think we will make the top 4, that is by no means certain.Essentially with AhMau, Nene Nightingale and JDB (at least for 5 weeks) gone I don’t think our side is stronger in 2019.

All jokes aside, I fully agree with your point about our spine. My concern is that our bench use for the last few years has been abysmal. We now appear to be headed towards more complication by having to shift on field players around eg. Hunt to 9, Norman to 7, Widdop to 6 & Dufty to 1. Essentially we will be changing spine when it should be about keeping well trained/proven combinations.

George Dragon

Juniors
We are equal first at the moment. For & against isn’t flash but we haven’t picked up any injuries of note so let’s see how things pan out.
I hate both the teams so it's a two sides coin after tonights game. One of them will be leading the comp but on the plus side one will be coming last.

41yearsaint

Juniors
This year is our best shot for a long time now.
So even though I bitch about the coach, aitken and norman.
Its a big yes here.

Take a stand?
I think its called throwing the toys.
Taking your bat and ball and going home. Chucking a wobbly. Throwing a tanty. Its an old fashioned meltdown!
Switching sides to support the Storm isn't taking a stand mate, its being dramatic.
Shhhh I’m trying to turn a new leaf and be nice to people that I have previously had issues with.

Except, McDope

Rob Dragon

Juniors
We will finish 12th - 16th. This is the year it all falls apart. Widdop pulling up stumps (but still Captain????), JBD debacle, players giving up on the coach. The good news is that there will be a strong response in 2021 and the premiership window will remain open. This is the "Year we have to have" in order for some sense to prevail about the club's coaching stupidity.

As an aside we should stop bagging McGregor. It's his employers who should be the target of our fury. McGregor is on about $400K a year. Would you be walking the plank on that coin? Not likely. He knows this is his last big paying gig and if the BOD and CEO are that stupid to continue with him at the expense of our club, well good luck to him.

Read it here first....12th - 16th.

Alec’s-saints

Juniors
We will finish 12th - 16th. This is the year it all falls apart. Widdop pulling up stumps (but still Captain????), JBD debacle, players giving up on the coach. The good news is that there will be a strong response in 2021 and the premiership window will remain open. This is the "Year we have to have" in order for some sense to prevail about the club's coaching stupidity.

As an aside we should stop bagging McGregor. It's his employers who should be the target of our fury. McGregor is on about $400K a year. Would you be walking the plank on that coin? Not likely. He knows this is his last big paying gig and if the BOD and CEO are that stupid to continue with him at the expense of our club, well good luck to him.

Read it here first....12th - 16th.
You’re drunk. Such a uneducated post.

Latest posts