What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Present from Godfather to Godson

Utey

Coach
I'm a proud new Uncle and Godfather, but am struggling to decide what to get my Godson for his Christening.

Any ideas?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
A horse's head.

Or maybe something that he can keep forever. I gave my nieces and nephew pewter boxes - the girls use them for jewelry, the lad for coins and other stuff.

Danish

Referee
Isn't it tradition to get them their first cross if you are the godfather? Or is this a non-religious naming day type deal?

My brother got an expensive bottle of scotch that was to be opened and used to toast his 21st birthday. We all thought it was stupid as kids but by the time he turned 21 it was damned cool to sip down some by that stage 46 year old scotch with close family before heading to his party.

Parra Pride

Coach
A horse's head.

Or maybe something that he can keep forever. I gave my nieces and nephew pewter boxes - the girls use them for jewelry, the lad for coins and other stuff.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A Parramatta jersey, it's never to early to start converting them.

simmo1

First Grade
Isn't it tradition to get them their first cross if you are the godfather? Or is this a non-religious naming day type deal?

My brother got an expensive bottle of scotch that was to be opened and used to toast his 21st birthday. We all thought it was stupid as kids but by the time he turned 21 it was damned cool to sip down some by that stage 46 year old scotch with close family before heading to his party.

lol it doesn't age in the bottle.

Parra

Referee
Pewter boxes are a good idea. You can get them engraved as well.

I suppose you could get a tiagra or stella engraved too. I couldn't give a stella to a kid though. That's a high starting point.

Utey

Coach
I already have too many Tiagras and Stellas! Could always go another, but agree, it's a high starting point haha.