What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Presentation Night turn out

wazza33

Juniors
Hi all,
Not sure if this is true so please correct me if im wrong, I heard that only 3 first grade players showed up to the presentation night.
Hunt, Lomax and Molo, there was a few that were away on holidays but there was also quiet a few that were still around and didnt show up.
If that is the case then what does that say about the club and where they are at.

Gareth67

First Grade
Unfortunately wazza33 it is correct . The club has said as much by saying that the players may had other engagements - holidays etc . etc.

However it is indeed most disappointing for them not turn out for their club and fellow teammates .

As far as unrest within the club itself is concerned every Tom , Dick and Harry realizes that all is not as it should be in the Dragon’s den .

thebigredv

First Grade
I just hope what ever is going on is coming to a head here.

The club say all is well but this indicates very strongly otherwise.

It's going to have to erupt before we see change. Better now than half way through the season like BBQgate.

Absolute rabble. Nothing left to like about the club.

BLM01

First Grade
Hunt and Lomax attend thinking they are getting an award

The rest of the side either:

1. don’t like a free feed;
2. Don’t like Lomax or Hunt or both;
3. Are pissed off with the decision to resign Hunt;
4. Are sick of Hook;
5. Fed up with the Board.
Option 5 would be the likely one because
Who has their presentation / awards night after the main GF when players are in holiday month
The week before might of been a smart commonsense choice
Besides even if the girls made the GF likely would not if changed the award winners
Stupid decision by the club

BLM01

First Grade
Hunt and Lomax attend thinking they are getting an award

The rest of the side either:

1. don’t like a free feed;
2. Don’t like Lomax or Hunt or both;
3. Are pissed off with the decision to resign Hunt;
4. Are sick of Hook;
5. Fed up with the Board.
They should be thanking their lucky stars that 3 did turn up
All under our illustrious leadership and Chairman
The way we are going we might be behind the Dolphins in assembling a 30 man squad😢

Last edited:

Mojo

Bench
I can't help but imagine that the lack of players attending indicates:

1. most of them either dont give a rat's arse or are actively sick of the club, and / or
2. there's no love lost for Hunt and / or Hook,

Also how incompetent is it to even schedule an awards night when you don't expect anyone to attend?

I think this is really a very bad indication of where things are at (ie; rock bottom). Put it this way, if I were the CEO or the coach, this would worry me greatly.

Dragon David

First Grade
I can't help but imagine that the lack of players attending indicates:

1. most of them either dont give a rat's arse or are actively sick of the club, and / or
2. there's no love lost for Hunt and / or Hook,

Also how incompetent is it to even schedule an awards night when you don't expect anyone to attend?

I think this is really a very bad indication of where things are at (ie; rock bottom). Put it this way, if I were the CEO or the coach, this would worry me greatly.
Yep, looks like big problems ahead for this club. They have been extremely poor with their communications on and off the field. Very embarrassing in my opinion. No one of any note will want to join this club. If the club is scorned by many of the current players then why would anybody of significance want to join the club?

possm

Coach
Yep, looks like big problems ahead for this club. They have been extremely poor with their communications on and off the field. Very embarrassing in my opinion. No one of any note will want to join this club. If the club is scorned by many of the current players then why would anybody of significance want to join the club?
Business as usual in the Dragons den. My take is that there is about to be a changing of the guard at St George Illawarra. Flannagan in Hook out on a one-year deal.

justadragon

Bench
of course every jurno is jumping on the dragons and will take a microscope to every little situation and death ride us. it would be the perfect opportunity for the club to communicate what is actually going on, but we all know that wont happen. this is a time that a club should bind together and hold firm but i guess that ideology has past the dragons in a big way.

Old Timer

Coach
Whilst it is a very bad look after 2 years of Covid protocols etc I might be inclined to piss off for a decent holiday with my partner whilst I can too.

After all they are due back to training Nov 7 and Covid protocols will no doubt be applied yet again.

I wonder if the timing of it was in fact poor on the clubs part?

Last edited:

Mojo

Bench
I think it was a middle finger for no Mad Monday to show the board exactly what they think about them. A good coach and a good board and good facilities, and that squad right there makes the 8 and maybe even further. I just hope this means thing get shaken up.
I agree totally. I reckon there's enough talent in the squad to be right up there. It's been a conga line of poor coaches that have failed us. It must be incredibly frustrating for the players.

dragon thomo

Juniors
You may e right Old Timer but how about Aaron Woods saying Materson would not be allowed in the Dragons change room after taking a 3 match suspension instead of paying $4000.
Firstly he would not want to come in our change room.
Also i bet he would turn up for his club presentation.

Again our club can't do anything right.

HenryTatana

Juniors
You may e right Old Timer but how about Aaron Woods saying Materson would not be allowed in the Dragons change room after taking a 3 match suspension instead of paying $4000.
Firstly he would not want to come in our change room.
Also i bet he would turn up for his club presentation.

Again our club can't do anything right.
Funny you mention Woods. Woods is not on holidays as he is on MMM. Why the f**k was he not at the presentation night?

Latest posts