What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Presentation Night turn out

BLM01

First Grade
You may e right Old Timer but how about Aaron Woods saying Materson would not be allowed in the Dragons change room after taking a 3 match suspension instead of paying $4000.
Firstly he would not want to come in our change room.
Also i bet he would turn up for his club presentation.

Again our club can't do anything right.
Yes Aaron should be careful
Someone just might come out and say that he would not be welcome in any other 1st grade change room

BLM01

First Grade
Yep, looks like big problems ahead for this club. They have been extremely poor with their communications on and off the field. Very embarrassing in my opinion. No one of any note will want to join this club. If the club is scorned by many of the current players then why would anybody of significance want to join the club?
We currently have no media person

Dragon David

First Grade
We currently have no media person
Yes, I know BLM. I applied for the position remember? Unfortunately I was told that I was over qualified for the job. Being able to use more than one finger on the keyboard has brought me down.:rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope that the next guy selected will be able to keep everyone abreast through the grapevine of what is happening on and off the field in all aspects of the club and we see more enlightening news and interviews with guys who matter and make us all feel more at ease with the direction the club is heading.

71saintsimon

Juniors
Says a lot about the level of respect the Rockhampton guy got with his stale boring old players from the retirement village he continues to select over the young juniors he dislikes aka Sloan and Sullivan

Maddragon99

Juniors
The line the Club made about a scheduling delay due to the NRLW results stinks of BS to me. Venues like Doltone House are booked well in advance, it’s not the type of event you can pull together in 2 weeks.

So assuming the playing group was aware of the event in advance but still decided not to attend there’s obviously some issues within the club.

possm

Coach
😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰

To quote one of our Aussie talents(Aussie Crawl is still one of my fave bands), Mr. James Reyne, from his hits song Fall of Rome

"Well, all these dragons are just draggin' me down"..... then drop the mic

Enough said!!! 😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰

Mjab

Juniors
Yes, I know BLM. I applied for the position remember? Unfortunately I was told that I was over qualified for the job. Being able to use more than one finger on the keyboard has brought me down.:rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope that the next guy selected will be able to keep everyone abreast through the grapevine of what is happening on and off the field in all aspects of the club and we see more enlightening news and interviews with guys who matter and make us all feel more at ease with the direction the club is heading.
We need to let the club know that there is no need for a media person and to direct the information to this forum directly and save the middle man and cost :)

Illusion

Bench
David this is not looking great , JUST MY OPINION , but I seem to think that there is a bigger problem ...... it seems to me that Hook and Hunt are not very popular with the playing group ..... Not a good look with Hunt asking for a get out clause in his contract if Hook gets hooked ..... The only good thing is if it is in his contract then piss Hook off then Hunt might follow .......

Dragon David

First Grade
Hunt says that the guys who didn't turn up at the presentation night function were disrespectful and that he would speak to several of the guys when he comes back from the World Cup series. This could make things worse between those guys and Hunt when they tell him to piss off.

Shouldn't the Coach or CEO or Head of the Board address these issues with the players rather than put that responsibility on Hunt?

This whole affair is a messy one and we are now more in the spotlight as to how poorly this club is run. It just doesn't endear us to getting any decent players and other coaches to join the club.

This drama will go on and if it is not nipped in the bud soon, it will tarnish the club even further. The Board has to do something and get this sorted before Hunt returns.

Mojo

Bench
Hunt calling non attendees "disrepectful" is only adding fuel to the fire of a worsening club culture. Button it pal or maybe Albert will turn on you. To me that is a sackable offense, far worse than bloody attending a BBQ.
It's becoming clearer by the day I reckon: he thinks it was disrespectful to him - not to the club! When people feel disrespected they rarely consider it objectively. It usually elicits a knee jerk reaction instead.

Houston, we have a problem! I think we've just paid top dollar to be forced to witness a three year shit fight.