What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Presentation Night turn out

possm

Coach
Unfortunately, I assume thats one of his responsibilities as club captain
I'm not on Hunt's side but I do believe it is the media approaching Hunt for the story. Too many in the media have had it in for Griffin since before day one of his appointment. They would not be basking in what they would see as a successful take-down.

So lets cut the crap and just sack Griffin as the whole situation is now out of hand. Appoint Hasler or Flannagan before the off-season training begins.

Mojo

Bench
Dont blame him.
Blame the club for not coming out and being honest and having the balls saying how they, Board and sponsors felt about it with the no-show with a watered down weak excuse and not accepting half responsibility, leaving it and likely asking Hunt to do the slamming on the clubs behalf
That is what the media wanted to hear and chased it till they got it.
It is not the first time our club have thrown players (Widdop and Friz) under the bus to front the media when they should in certain cases.
No wonder we are searching in SEEK for media people????
I don’t blame him. I blame the club. I agree they’ve thrown him under the bus. How can any NRL club not have a professional PR / media liaison person / section?

18to87

First Grade
@BLM01 Maybe it is just me, but some games I notice the team plays like they would die for each other and then the next week, they look like they hate each other. The Gold Coast game comes to mind as one where they were playing for each other, then next week vs the Tigers they looked like they had never met before.

blacksafake

First Grade
@BLM01 Maybe it is just me, but some games I notice the team plays like they would die for each other and then the next week, they look like they hate each other. The Gold Coast game comes to mind as one where they were playing for each other, then next week vs the Tigers they looked like they had never met before.
I’m of the opinion that the players do generally get on with each other.
Maybe there’s some attitude changes at times due to happening’s during the week with the coach 🤷🏼‍♂

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If I was a sponsor of St George Illawarra I would not be to thrilled with what is going on and how the club is being run. I am surprised they are not stepping in. Seeing 27 players boycott a big even like this where the sponsors would have been present would show how bad a state the playing group is.

Not even Mary had the boys show this lack of respect.

BLM01

First Grade
True but we still won the game snd quite a few teams fall into that category

justadragon

Bench
Isn't that the coaches responsibility to keep consistency within the team during all games, in the words of the great man, " Its the coaches job to motivate and get the team to perform at its best every week" !!!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Because Mary would get on the piss with them and would never drop them no matter how mediocre they were. That’s why they loved him and didn’t want him to leave.
I am not a Mary fan at all trust me. I could not wait for him to leave. I am comparing the worst coach at the Dragons in Hook with probably the 3rd worst (2n went to chinless). Key difference is players did not want to leave with Mary as much as they do now. Frizzell was an exception as he actually got sold a big dummy by the Knights that they would win a comp before Saints and that does not look like happening during his playing career that is.

getsmarty

Immortal
I am not a Mary fan at all trust me. I could not wait for him to leave. I am comparing the worst coach at the Dragons in Hook with probably the 3rd worst (2n went to chinless). Key difference is players did not want to leave with Mary as much as they do now. Frizzell was an exception as he actually got sold a big dummy by the Knights that they would win a comp before Saints and that does not look like happening during his playing career that is.

With all due respect this is not correct... Garrick,..Robinson oops I mean Robson...P Herbert ..D Cook..L Leilua Widdop Saab...the list goes on and on...

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Yep. I understand what you’re saying mate. There is a lot that goes on behind closed doors that we don’t see. Maybe Hook is useless. Maybe Mary was a genius that couldn’t get the best out of his players due to reasons out of his control. Or maybe, Mary was such a good bloke that he allowed a level of mediocrity that kept the players happy because he was easy on them. And maybe the current team hates Hook because he is hard on them and is trying to turn them around after years of being shit merkins, and that’s why these lazy shits hate him…mate… I am not a fan of either Mary or Hook. But I def hope it’s the latter.