What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Press conference

Mark D

Juniors
During yesterday's press conference a final question was asked in reference to Ben Hunt and him possibly wanting out of his contract with us... did anyone else pick up in it? I noticed Mary rightfully dismissed it... hope there is no truth to it... we really need his desire to win and game management

Brutalitops

Juniors
Honestly I would too. Not even talking about us being stuck with Mary or anything, but Hunt looks really happy at Brisbane at the moment. I notice the way he celebrates when a try is scored and pumps up his team, he is loving being there right now

hewi

Bench
Honestly I would too. Not even talking about us being stuck with Mary or anything, but Hunt looks really happy at Brisbane at the moment. I notice the way he celebrates when a try is scored and pumps up his team, he is loving being there right now

Well, he should have thought about that before he took the money. Maybe they would like to swap us Jack Bird for Hunt?

Gareth67

First Grade
For the moment I thought that Mary's JetSki had been eaten by a Great White shark ?

However the last thing we need , is a thread which even remotely suggests that Ben Hunt
has changed his mind , as that is how rumours get started . . . Wayne ! !

Last edited:

Overseas dragon

Juniors
What about the rumour Bennett was going to release HUNT before 30th June another load of tripe. stop all these shit rumours thanks my old heart won't take it .

JDHD

Juniors
Josh McCrone is going to Canada. Ben Hunt is coming down here. Nothing has changed or will change in either of those departments. The June 30 deadline doesn't exist anymore, and even if it did, it's mid August now. Unless we give him a release on compassionate grounds, there's absolutely zero chance he'll be ditching us. And, I mean, if we're going to be laying down some real talk, technically we could write his contract off as a charitable act because we got him and his family out of the shithole that is Queensland. There's a few reasons why we were going to surrender Queensland to the Japanese in WWII.

denis preston

First Grade
If he said he didn't want to come, I'd release him.
No point wasting $1.2 mill a year on a bloke that doesn't want to be here.

Ask Issac Luke, Foran, RTS and Hayne.
MOST NRL players fit in really well into their new clubs , no matter how they feel about their former clubs. This bloke could be the most pivot able signing since ... Bloody hell have to go back to the sixties !!

Still unclear with the Mary logic

McCrone is carrying a groin strain for the past 6 weeks but the genius continues to play McCrone.

We have Kurt. Josh is available despite the fact he has carried a groin strain for 6 weeks and he picks Kurt.

Was Josh McCrone dropped or not ?

Or was the dope merely trying to deflect the fact that Supa Mann made McGroan look like a third grade half, hence making Mary look like the slowwwwwwwwww imbicile he is.

JDHD

Juniors
Still unclear with the Mary logic

McCrone is carrying a groin strain for the past 6 weeks but the genius continues to play McCrone.

We have Kurt. Josh is available despite the fact he has carried a groin strain for 6 weeks and he picks Kurt.

Was Josh McCrone dropped or not ?

Or was the dope merely trying to deflect the fact that Supa Mann made McGroan look like a third grade half, hence making Mary look like the slowwwwwwwwww imbicile he is.

Remember when Mann had that shocker against Cronulla last year and Mary said he wasn't picked the next week because he had a knee injury and yet he played fullback in reggies? Mary might just not want to publicly humiliate his players.