What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price isn't right, mary interim who's coaching Drags in 2015

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
something tells me this thread deserves a bump this morning..........

_Johnsy

Referee
www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/st-george-illawarra-dragons-have-axed-steve-price-with-paul-mcgregor-to-take-the-reins/story-fni3fbgz-1226931443476

ST GEORGE Illawarra Dragons have sacked under siege coach Steve Price.

NSW assistant coach Paul McGregor is set to be appointed immediately as the new St George Illawarra Dragons head coach.

Price’s sudden departure comes after the famous club has suffered six losses from their past seven matches.

Price is the first coach since David Waite in 2000 at the merged venture club to be shown the door midseason.

Dragons captain Trent Merrin, currently with the NSW camp ahead of Origin I, said he was shocked by Price’s sacking.

“I’m surprised about it all,” Merrin said.

“It’s a shame that it has happened to him. I have been under him since-20s. I’ve had a lot to do with Pricey.

“He is a mate as well as a coach.

“It’s come as a surprise. I think we have to move and we have a job to do for the Dragons.”

The Dragons were one of the form teams of the competition early in 2014 winning their first three games straight against the Tigers, the Warriors and the Sharks.

But it proved to be a false dawn with the wheels falling off and Price’s position being called into question over the past two months.

Their only victory since round three being another win over the Warriors by 20-10 in Round 7.

Price’s record has been poor since taking the reins from Wayne Bennett after the 2011 season.

Bennett left having guided the Dragons to the premiership in 2010.

Price has been in charge of the Dragons for a total of 58 games over the past two-and-a-half seasons for 22 wins and 36 losses for win ration of just 37.9 per cent.

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
imagine if Price went to Cronulla and coached them to win the comp

Dragons fans would be frothing

Latest posts