What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price stands by misfiring halves...

tumbidragon

First Grade
St George Illawarra coach Steve Price has dismissed the notion of a radical shake-up after being held scoreless for the second time this year on Saturday night.
Price stood by his misfiring attack, claiming the responsibility for drawing another blank was with him and not his halves combination of Nathan Fien and Chase Stanley.
Fien was a standout in the first half for the struggling Dragons, but they couldn't find a way through the Roosters' defence, hitting a new low point in the season with a 36-0 loss at Kogarah's Jubilee Oval.
The Dragons were beaten 19-0 by Penrith at the same venue in round 11.
Advertisement
Amid criticism of Price's decision to shift Stanley to No. 6 following the mid-season exit of Jamie Soward, Price signalled there would not be major changes after next weekend's bye. ''There's been pressure on [Fien and Stanley] for a number of weeks now,'' Price said.
''But as a coaching group and the players around them, we need to take responsibility for that and help them be in position and execute our plays around them also, so we'll stick together and the buck stops with myself.''
The Dragons were missing key personnel and Price maintained his faith in the senior players, revealing Matt Cooper is likely to return for the round-19 game against front-runners South Sydney on July 22.
Josh Dugan returns from a controversial one-week suspension for a shoulder charge, while Price is also confident Tyson Frizell and Cameron King will also be fit after both missed the Roosters clash.
''It is difficult when you're missing some of your best players on the sideline,'' Price said.
''We've got a number of players out injured at the moment, [but] at the end of the day, we're a proud footy club and the 17 players that take the field with the red V on, we expect nothing but 100 per cent effort and commitment.''
The Dragons would need to win seven of their remaining eight games to have any chance of making the finals.
Realistically, finals footy appears a mere pipedream now for a second consecutive year, which cannot auger well for Price's long-term future.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...l-scorecard-20130707-2pkby.html#ixzz2YOyTHeum

This nuffy makes me sick to my f**king stomach!

Joey_dragons

Juniors
chase Stanley cant even play centre for him to be 5/8th. he should be release from the dragons never to play for them again. as for fein time to retire tries so hard and not happening for him.
doust,young and price should all go

siejka and king are my halves for the remainder of the season

Mr Red

First Grade
apart from the odd "chinless" comment i have really tried to refuse to make any personal attacks on Price.. but geez when you read that kind of dribble i am getting damn close!

does he actually believe what he is saying?? Or is it another attempt at pulling the wool over people eyes in his mind, therefore treating the fans with contempt??

either way the sooner he is gone the more chance we have of salvaging something for next year..

saint.nick

Coach
Oh my word, this imposter really does seem to love making a fool of himself. I wish he'd just take that bloody obvious hint and stand down. I sincerely know how eels fans were feeling with Kearney now.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If "St George are a proud football club" as he claims then he would be sacked for his poor performace but they must not be a proud club anymore because they are not doing anything about this train wreck they are in.

Minh

First Grade
He must be trying hard to get sacked, it's sickening when this guy talks. "Firing blanks is because of me", yeh of course it is when you keep firing blanks with the selection.:lol::lol::lol:

It's so bad that if you don't laugh you might just cry.

getsmarty

Immortal
Couldn't believe this rubbish when I read it. Is this Clown for real....What is Prices Motto..."If its Broke, keep trying it"...

TheRev

Coach
- He blames himself and the entire team for not 'working with Chase'... and each week he says the players and the coaching staff need to be accountable, yet he changes nothing, nor quits?

- It's a Wayne Bennett play to take the heat for your player, and thats all fine... and Price is convinced that he has got it right.... and thats where the problem lies, I feel that he is scared sh**less about taking risks on young players or anyone hes not intimately familiar with.. hence its very hard for him to go outside his sphere of close players/buddies, and it will be his undoing.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Price sees a huge problem and knows his splayers are playing crap and need work on execution. So he gives them a break and wants them to go back to basics.

A Proper coach would be so pi$$ed at Saturday nights performance that he would have got them training the next day and worked on execution since he thinks that is the issue. Once they get it right THEN give them a break. But this clown rewards them with a great perfomance and gives them a break.

Mr Saab

Referee
I dont know what is sadder. My coach sticking with a useless Maranta, or your coach sticking with 2 halves that make Pearce in origin look like Wally Lewis.

gypsy

Bench
I think some here have some fairly ridiculous expectations.
Pricey can only work with what he has. He can't put his hand up an S Bend and pull out a gold watch.

He has bought well next season, let's upgrade his contract for another 3 and let him show his wares.

BennyV

Referee
I think some here have some fairly ridiculous expectations.
Pricey can only work with what he has. He can't put his hand up an S Bend and pull out a gold watch.

He has bought well next season, let's upgrade his contract for another 3 and let him show his wares.

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Seijka needs to be given a run just on kicking game alone.

On some occassions the other night, you guys would have been better off just tucking the ball under the arm and taking a hit-up on the last rather than giving it to Fein for a kick. His kicking game is bog average.

Still, I hope you don't give Seijka a run until round 20.

BennyV

Referee

On some occassions the other night, you guys would have been better off just tucking the ball under the arm and taking a hit-up on the last rather than giving it to Fein for a kick. His kicking game is bog average.

I'm going to assume you are being a nice person by not wanting to decimate Harry in round 19...

I knew you always had the best intentions when it comes to Dragons youngsters!

SilentAssassin

Juniors

Lol. Unless Seijka is a Andrew Johms/Brad Fittler hybrid I don't think you have anything to worry about. Even then I'd still be tipping the rabbits.

Minh

First Grade

You guys don't have much to worry about this year trust me, we are cannon fodder for the top teams.

Latest posts