What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Priddis in the big red V

Knights01

Juniors
Ah the era of Bennett (all hail the saviour) is only just around the corner - about 9-10 mths away...

Will one of his favourite players - Luke Priddis - come down to Wollongong to help Wayne out. Now I know this would only be a short term fix - maybe 2 or 3 years at most - but what a prize signing he would be for a young team. He still is rated one of the best number 9s running around the comp!!

Ellis is a solid player in my opinion - but Priddis would offer so much - especially direction to a young set of halves in the shape of Soward/Chase!!

Have always been a real fan of this guy. A great player and consistent performer.

Would be a terrific signing. We need more outsiders, Queenslanders, players from country NSW ect... just like we had in the 90s before the cult of the Illawarra junior took over.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Might be a bit past it, but imo Priddis represents a better signing than Woolford.

mightydragon

Juniors
If Soward and Chase are half and 5/8 next year I will be very disappointed. No direction is one of the main causes of our defeats this year. Bring back Barrett!

OUSTDOUST

Juniors
If Soward and Chase are half and 5/8 next year I will be very disappointed. No direction is one of the main causes of our defeats this year. Bring back Barrett!

Its all in the coaching. bennett will turn them into champions. take a look at sims. perfect example.

OUSTDOUST

Juniors
Did You See Mathew Head Paly Today!!!

Did well, but still needs more games to get better. i liked hin at the dragons, when in form he was playing top footy. but injuries had the best of heady. he didnt want to leave and was very upset that the dragons showd him the door. he quoted that from round 1 interview on the sunday footy show b4 the dragons tigers game.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Building up Bennett as the saviour is akin to setting oneself up for a crash.

If Bellamy ends up in Brisbane, and Bennett ends up in Sydney, then the question will be asked as to who was the best negotiator.

Great signing for Doust, let's hope the players and the results follow.

Knights01

Juniors

I had my tongue firmly in my cheek when I suggested Bennett to be your 'saviour'...

Bring back Barrett (well it might indeed happen one day down the track) - but in my opinion (as an outsider remember) it appeared that the pressure and expectations got to Trent - rather than attempt to lead the team through a tough period he seemed to choose the England option (along with the cliched excuses - great opportunity and blah blah blah) over the tough times at the Dragons.

As I said I will not be surprised to see him in the mighty Big Red V again in 2010 - but please - he had a chance to stay - but (again in my opinion) he chose to leave for $$$ in England.

I am all for going to England - but not in the prime of your career!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I had my tongue firmly in my cheek when I suggested Bennett to be your 'saviour'...
For better or worse, some folks believe it.

I want success as much as anyone... but geez, there's a lot of work to do, with or without Bennett.

Knights said:
Bring back Barrett (well it might indeed happen one day down the track) - but in my opinion (as an outsider remember) it appeared that the pressure and expectations got to Trent - rather than attempt to lead the team through a tough period he seemed to choose the England option (along with the cliched excuses - great opportunity and blah blah blah) over the tough times at the Dragons.

As I said I will not be surprised to see him in the mighty Big Red V again in 2010 - but please - he had a chance to stay - but (again in my opinion) he chose to leave for $$$ in England.

I am all for going to England - but not in the prime of your career!
Barrett will not be coming back.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
i supose saints have a few players of contract, if they are going to sign new players then i dont think these of contract players will be retained, bennett has given st george a wish list, i also wont be suprised to see a few players offered to other clubs b4 their contract expire, he does want roony, hannant, pridis, and ennis to start with.
having said that brown needs to drop those same players making the same mistakes then it wont be that bad, realy if you think about it.

I believe Webb or Ellis will fill the role enough, we don't need to lure anyone here..

Just train the current team properly and we will do well.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
that wont work, the current players, ie hornby is getting on,the depth in the backs anrnt crash hot, we need one more qaulity prop, we need a good dummy half, we do need a 5/8 and one winger

OUSTDOUST

Juniors
Building up Bennett as the saviour is akin to setting oneself up for a crash.

If Bellamy ends up in Brisbane, and Bennett ends up in Sydney, then the question will be asked as to who was the best negotiator.

Great signing for Doust, let's hope the players and the results follow.

Doust had to save himself somehow. Brown is just a scapgoat.

Last lifeline for doust.

We need a freakin Hooker more than Richard Gere in "Pretty Woman".

It's not hard to see who we should keep out of our current crop.

Just as it easy to see who should fuC% off quick out of our current crop.

Browny gets blamed for a lot of things, but he has built the rod for his own back.

There have been so many brain implosions on the field in his stay, I shudder to think.

I'm sure that he says this and does that, but it does not matter. They still fuc% up and do it week after week until we, St.George, collectively lose the freakin plot, watching it.

I saw him swearing in the box when J. Morris dropped the ball, again. Well, I dont feel sorry for either of these blow-towels anymore. There really is no excuse anymore.

But this is the thing, He obviously does not have the RESPECT OF HIS PLAYERS!!

We keep hearing how the coach can't go out and do it for 'em. Fair enough.

STOP SELECTING KNOWN FU<K WITS.

Let's talk about the less lauded teams who are playing above their reputations and salaries to greater results than expected. i.e everyone apart from the "Pride of the League". The fact that we are anywhere near this stinking rabble disgusts me to my core. The Sharks game is still giving me "flashbacks".

Finally, Brown is sacked, then we heard the hot, loud farts about how they were going to go out and "Do it for Browny'. "Win the Premiership for Browny". ppfffttt.

Give us a rest.

This was the biggest disgrace. The biggest disrespect in the face.

"Oh yeah, well, uhh, yeah, since Browny's been sacked, we should probably go out and win....."

I don't know what else can be said to these fu(k wits that hasn't already been said.

Sweet Wayne, Ease pain...

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Doust had to save himself somehow. Brown is just a scapgoat.

Last lifeline for doust.

I'd like to believe that, but until people actually stand up and help push him out, Doust will stay there until Saints have well and truly crumbled under his (And his fellow boards) rot.

If the Leagues club vote results are any indication, not enough people give a sh*t to actually get out and do sometihng about the piss poor performance of our board.

Latest posts