What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Priddo says -

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Kyle Stanley has more to his game than Darius Boyd. I'll take Priddos word on that.

With this whole thing now over, can we get a real mongrel forward for next year from soemwhere? Or put the cash towards Cronk or the best young half available.

Here it is for Round 1 -

Style
Moz
Coops
Chase / Vidot
Nighty
Sow
Horn
Young
Creaghzy
Scott
Weyman
King / Rein
Hunt

Merrin
Prior
King / Rein / Fien
Miller DeBelin/ Stockwell

Whichever forward is best in the trials - Gower, Ah Mau, Matthews etc

Personally, I wouldnt mind seeing Creagh a bit tighter next year. Maybe a bit of lock / prop. He was excellent there in 2007. Theres no science behind what I'm saying, I just think its worth a bit of a change up to keep things fresh and see what comes of it.

Its still a good team, capable of the 4 with a good run, but I don't see us being the juggernaut we were week in week out. I think we'll see the team start moving toward the influence of generation next at some point next year.

Personally, I'm prepared for a few teething problems and excited to see where we are headed under Prices direction.

dragoncountry

Juniors
Kyle Stanley has more to his game than Darius Boyd. I'll take Priddos word on that.

With this whole thing now over, can we get a real mongrel forward for next year from soemwhere? Or put the cash towards Cronk or the best young half available.

Here it is for Round 1 -

Style
Moz
Coops
Chase / Vidot
Nighty
Sow
Horn
Young
Creaghzy
Scott
Weyman
King / Rein
Hunt

Merrin
Prior
King / Rein / Fien

Personally, I wouldnt mind seeing Creagh a bit tighter next year. Maybe a bit of lock / prop. He was excellent there in 2007. Theres no science behind what I'm saying, I just think its worth a bit of a change up to keep things fresh and see what comes of it.

Its still a good team, capable of the 4 with a good run, but I don't see us being the juggernaut we were week in week out. I think we'll see the team start moving toward the influence of generation next at some point next year.

Personally, I'm prepared for a few teething problems and excited to see where we are headed under Prices direction.
good team with what we have, would love to see marketo take the next step up, good ball player, lacks size though. but i think pricey might give him a go somewhere throughout the year.

MattYg1

Bench

Here it is for Round 1 -

Style
Moz
Coops
Chase / Vidot
Nighty
Sow
Horn
Young
Creaghzy
Scott
Weyman
King / Rein
Hunt

Merrin
Prior
King / Rein / Fien

Love it Mr.Dobbs... though i would switch Merrin and Hunt as the starting front rower... I've started to get on that bandwagon we saw knocking about at the end of last season for Hunt being able to offer more from the bench...

saints4ever

First Grade
He deserves one after Kyle. To be fair haven't really seen what either can truly offer because of injuries, but Kyle has def shown more in his limited game time

Cagey Mac

Bench
Goodwin was very impressive prior to injury on the wing in his last game
He and Style and Chase have all had major inury concerns. Keeping all three on the paddock defies empirical evidence. Goodwin appeared to have a ton of pace. Style is crafty and safe and a good defender. Chase..from memory wasa powerful runner with ball skills.

Agree with the Merrin as a starter opinions and would use also agree with using Creagh both sides of the ruck in attack but on the left in defence with Scott on the right.

Daniel Vidot as a Dragon is an unknown quantity but potential is enormous.

Agree with sentiments about Marketto too. Great ball player with a footy brain that belies his youth but needs to put on half a dozen k's to be full-time NRL

Cam King has fantastic potential, Rein proved adequate without being inspiring in attack and Fein still has something to offer

Price has the cattle to make the top 4 if he has the tactical and managerial acumen.

IMO; The options available for fullback in 2012 and 2013 are intriguing. The pre-season and early season form both within and beyond the club will come into play. Doust has a wondeful poker hand at the moment.

Slackboy72

Coach
All these endless threads about what's going to happen next year.
I can't imagine Steve Price has given half as much thought as you guys collectively have.

gypsy

Bench
All these endless threads about what's going to happen next year.
I can't imagine Steve Price has given half as much thought as you guys collectively have.

Yeah...first year coaching NRL, following the greatest coach of all time, without 2 of our biggest strike weapons, and our biggest off season buy falling through...I bet he's barely given it a thought. Besides, being a rookie coach is very safe job. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Bring back choc

Juniors
Pretty much on the money really.

If we talk about mongrel there's not one player in the forwards it on the bench that scares any opposing player. Which ever way you look at it... That's an issue.

But obviously price and the dragons don't agree. Time will tell.

Chase Stanley is pretty big right? Perhaps he's the player that can offer what cuthbo did... Bit of off loading and fancy foot work at the line. Something. Different from the creagh/prior/young/hunt/weyman/Scott game

Cagey Mac

Bench
Pretty much on the money really.

If we talk about mongrel there's not one player in the forwards it on the bench that scares any opposing player. Which ever way you look at it... That's an issue.

But obviously price and the dragons don't agree. Time will tell.

Chase Stanley is pretty big right? Perhaps he's the player that can offer what cuthbo did... Bit of off loading and fancy foot work at the line. Something. Different from the creagh/prior/young/hunt/weyman/Scott game

Stanley is 100kg and 188cm bigger than Scott
Vitot is also big at 103 adn 193 the same size as Creagh and a hard runner