What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prince - one of the most disappointing players of our generation?

Moffo

Referee
I think so

The guy had the world on his feet early on...playing alongside bunji he was brilliant, really had the potential to go to that next level and doing this at a time when Joey was about to pull stumps and before JT and Cronk had emerged

I think what he did from there was supremely disappointing. For mine he never showed the passion for the game that the other guys did. This was someone who could've easily played 20+ games for QLD and Australia if he put his mind to it

I know he had injuries but that aside..still very disappointing

Cheers,
Moffo

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
How did he emerge before JT? Prince was arguably at his best in 05 which is the same year that JT really "emerged". Cronk was pretty much on the scene as a dominant halfback from 2006.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Ease up turbo.
300 games is 300 games ffs.
His defence this year was appaling however and overall he played a season too long but that 300 mark was just too much to resist.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Club hopped too many times to be one of the greats. Fell for searle and his snake oil charm when he could have built a dynasty at the tigers with Benji. Him going gave the tigers 3 years of John f**king Morris before the super coach Tom shines plan of turning Benji into a 7 failed for 3 years.

Helmet Man

Juniors
Very misleading thread title.

OP shows little knowledge of Scott Prince.

After carving up the NRL with the Tigers his initial years with the Titans were fantastic and he was better than JT as a club halfback.

He was Dally M halfback of the year in 2010 ffs. He was also RLIF Halfback of the year in 2010 as well. This was when he was at the Titans and single handedly carried them to the finals and almost got them to the grand finals...

It wasn't just with 'Benji' where he had success. He just played on for a little too long that's all. Dipped in form after 2010 and couldn't quite find his best form after that.

There are so many other dissapointing players of our generation and you name Scott Prince? Prince deseves respect. Has been a great ambassador for the NRL.

Last edited:

Perce

Juniors
Most of us would dream of having a career so disappointing...
I remember early on when he had the two broken legs and the trauma of his dad's sudden death, and wondered if he'd ever get far. Ended up a club skipper, a 300 game player, a premiership player. Excellent career.

Moffo

Referee
I'm not saying he didn't have a good career

Could've been so much more though

Billythekid

First Grade
I'm not saying he didn't have a good career

Could've been so much more though

He did have 2 broken legs, if anything it's amazing how well he came back. Sure maybe he could have possibly done better but all things considered he has had a good career.

no name

Coach
300 club games, played SOO, played for his country, won a comp, won the CC Medal.
Pretty disappointing.

dogslife

Coach
He might have. It still doesn't change the fact that he's been rubbish for a few years now, which was the point I made, which you ignored for some reason. Comprehension not a strong suit of yours?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Prince chased the money. If he had a spit of loyalty he might have been the best halfback of the decade.

His last 2-3 years were horrid, the last 5 years before that mediocre.

I'll give him 5 Moffos out of 10.

Vic Mackey

Referee
He never really had a decent halves partner apart from benji and even that was only for 1 year, hell he always had mediocre fullbacks and hookers too apart from his time at the tigers. As said if he had of stayed with the tigers he probably would have been considered one of the greats, he and benji complimented each other so well.

His best year was 2010 for mine, he carried an otherwise pretty ordinary titans side to the top 4 and a game from the grand final

If Prince was Qld halfback from 06-10, Queensland still would probably have won all 5 series. From 2011 he declined pretty quickly, but it's tough to say he was disappointing, he did well when he was picked in origin, won a premiership, had a 14 year career in which he played 300 games and came back from some serious injuries early on to establish himself as one of the best halfbacks in the game during his best years.

BunniesMan

Immortal
JT has 1 finals win in the last 5 years despite playing with plenty of talent for most of it.

mongoose

Coach
If he was from NSW he would have 15+ origin games under his belt.

He had a couple of great seasons at the Titans as well, not just the Tigers. I'm sure many players would kill to have his career.

Latest posts