What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prior Conviction

bottle

Coach
C'mon "champ" that's a bit harsh. You may not like what I say but that's because the truth hurts sometimes.
You won't give a crap about prior when we replace him with someone good.

He'll be gone.

Tell us again how shit Hunt is, and how Bennett never wanted him. Don't raise your head around JA anymore I notice after that gem.

saint06

Juniors
i know Young has earned the right to go out on his own, but i wouldn't want to lose someone like Prior, who can play back row, front row and at the very least cover the centres, tops the tackle count almost every week - to keep Young.

Thats all i was saying/meant.

Minh

First Grade
I still think there is enough room for both Dean young and Matt Prior in the top 17, I think if Hunt comes back the player under most pressure would be Ah Mau, that's if he doesn't kill it over the next few weeks.

Minh

First Grade
With Scott going back to second row then we will have a situation where one of these players, De Belin, Prior, Ah Mau or Fien missing out, but I'm pretty sure Fien or King will be there as a utility player in the top 17. Competition for spots in the team is really hot which is a good thing and unlucky for the ones that miss out.

The Nick

Bench
How old is Matt Prior?? I mean he's still a kid with a hell of a lot of improvement left in him. He's an incredible athlete with a mountain of potential in him, and in my opinion he's already a decent first grade footballer.

How many players are there in the NRL that have his combination of size, strength, agility, speed and endurance??? Not many, I can assure you!!

Give him a few years, he will probably end up playing Origin
and Test football. Yes I said it.

Ball handling skills can easily be obtained, but an athlete of Prior's calibre doesn't come along that often!

I mean seriously, it wasn't that long ago that Beau Scott had hands like feet, now he's in the top echelon of back rowers. And he wasn't blessed with half the natural ability that Prior has.

Hi all - I don't have much time for the forum these days but I did remember making this call a long time ago.

It only took 6 years but my prediction about Prior playing Origin has finally come true lol.

I hope everyone is well and go the Dragons!

Johnny King

Juniors
Very happy for Matt Prior. I remember him being stuffed around at different times when he was with us when he was asked to play in the centres. In the meantime he's a dual premiership winner and he's been given his chance at SOO at 31 years of age. Good for him. I can't see him winning any man of the match awards but I bet he gives it 100% and won't let anyone down. I wouldn't be surprised if he silences a few people who are criticising his selection. I just hope he's part of another win for the Blues on Sunday!

Old Timer

Coach
Matt Prior really deserves a shot at SOO
The former whipping boy from this forum has never really done anything other than put in each and every week and was never worthy of the harsh criticism idiots in this place levelled at him.
In fact I am a bit surprised it has taken so long for him to get there as he is way better than the pie eaters we picked on a regular basis
Good luck to him and I know he will go well.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I actually thought that Prior could become an origin player in 2010/11. But then I thought I had got that one totally wrong. He didn't run hard enough for my liking and I wasn't concerned about us letting him go. He is a solid player, with a good work rate, but I wouldn't have even considered him for origin this year. I would have picked James instead. I probably would have picked Tamou ahead of him too.

Belta

Juniors
I'm surprised but very happy for Prior. What wonderful recognition for his form over the last few seasons. I think he'll give his all and leave nothing out there. He won't let NSW down. Plays with a lot of speed and energy for a front rower. Must of been suited to Freddys game plan, who at this stage its hard to criticise. Nothing against the selection but thought James was really, really unlucky and definitely would of been my pick.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I'm surprised but very happy for Prior. What wonderful recognition for his form over the last few seasons. I think he'll give his all and leave nothing out there. He won't let NSW down. Plays with a lot of speed and energy for a front rower. Must of been suited to Freddys game plan, who at this stage its hard to criticise. Nothing against the selection but thought James was really, really unlucky and definitely would of been my pick.
Will Prior run hard in origin? lol

ouryears

Bench
Will Prior run hard in origin? lol
They have put him there for his never say die defence, consistent mistake free football, athleticism, and HEART.

The things that win origins.

We have enough runners, we have enough creativity, we needed a solid no nonsense tackler and Prior is that.

James would be a risky choice.

Belta

Juniors
Frank Facer said;
"Will Prior run hard in origin? lol"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very early on in the game Priors impact may be slightly underwhelming, but
I feel Freddy has looked at the fact that the refs blew very few penalties and there were not many errors/stoppages early in Origin 1. (The same refs have been assigned to game 2.) I kinda felt game 1 was incredibly fast paced with little breaks. It very quickly became a war of attrition. this explains Priors selection in defence but more so in attack. It follows the fast running of cook and Tedesco up the middle which sends the Qld side back-pedalling.

I also think the Qld pack hasn't been as fearsome, but it is all or nothing for them so who knows. I think the crucial elements of the game won't be the props but more so, how Qld handle our spine players and how we handle their backs.

Latest posts