What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private equity for Super League? i hope not

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Having the SuperLeague run as a proper bussiness, as long as the RFL maintain overall control of the game might not be a bad thing, especially as we move into an era where we may have to manage multiple clubs from Europe and North America.

I'd be curious to know what the major concerns would be with this?

franklin2323

Immortal
Having the SuperLeague run as a proper bussiness, as long as the RFL maintain overall control of the game might not be a bad thing, especially as we move into an era where we may have to manage multiple clubs from Europe and North America.

I'd be curious to know what the major concerns would be with this?

you don’t get into sport to make money though... Budget cuts will come hopefully from the right areas

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
you don’t get into sport to make money though... Budget cuts will come hopefully from the right areas

Major, well run sports are very profitable. I guess the question would be, can a private company make the SuperLeague profitable? The potential is there if they can get North America and France right and open up the revenue streams.

franklin2323

Immortal
Major, well run sports are very profitable. I guess the question would be, can a private company make the SuperLeague profitable? The potential is there if they can get North America and France right and open up the revenue streams.

Major sports are but unless big city teams come in it’s kind of limited. I guess we see

deluded pom?

Coach
I guess the question would be, can a private company make the SuperLeague profitable?
Genuine question, do equity companies simply invest in something they see as bringing an acceptable return on that investment or do they have some say in how the companies they invest in are run?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Genuine question, do equity companies simply invest in something they see as bringing an acceptable return on that investment or do they have some say in how the companies they invest in are run?

In order to achieve their revenue and profit objectives they would certainly want a say in how it is run, I would imagine this would be achieved by installing 'their' people on the board or by appointing a CEO that is aligned with their vision. I guess it all depends on whether they are majority shareholders or not as to how much influence they had.

Latest posts