What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Promotion & Marketing

franklin2323

Immortal
Given I live local so have the ads in local papers etc. I know when games are on. Though my question is to the majority on here that are not from the region.

Do you get anything on facebook etc about the upcoming games? This week we are on the back of 4/5 winning streak. Record temperatures due. Week of no rain & Sunday game.

15k should be the minimum though our lack or marketing is a concern.

We were so much better at this with the previous regime.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Yeah the Facebook site has all the news from the club posted on it, its not to bad.

The downside is there are so many dickheads who have no idea commenting on the site.

An example is one bloke who was blowing up deluxe about the club letting a local junior go at the end of the year who has come through the clubs junior ranks .

The player he was talking about was....... Kevin Kingston......shows what sort of F**KWITS are on there.

marcozzi

Juniors
Theres an ad on fox sports about a fan day after the game, doesnt really mention the game though ...

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah the Facebook site has all the news from the club posted on it, its not to bad.

The downside is there are so many dickheads who have no idea commenting on the site.

An example is one bloke who was blowing up deluxe about the club letting a local junior go at the end of the year who has come through the clubs junior ranks .

The player he was talking about was....... Kevin Kingston......shows what sort of F**KWITS are on there.

I get your frustration it's why I don't go on there. We get those said dickheads to the game they may actually know stuff about the game.

Though we have 45k facebook and 70k Leagues club members we should be hit up with getting them to games. Things like the 3 game $50 memebership is great but if no one knows about it. It's pretty useless

betcats

Referee
I get a lot of game info from facebook, pre game line ups and previews for NRL, NYC and NSWcup and post game match reviews every week is good.

In terms of other advertising...I don't see much beside the odd radio or foxtel add for an upcoming game.

maple_69

Bench
I live in leochhardt so i see nothing. Then again i dont see much about the tigpies either. Only info i get i have to go looking for which is fine for fans but no help for bringing new fans on board.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
I rely on all the sites, only get down to couple of games a year, buy my membership every year but don't seem to get as many emails from the club as in previous years.

franklin2323

Immortal
Glad it's not just me that's noticed. Assuming our 45k facebook fans have only identified as being fans of us. There's 30k difference between members add the 70k leagues club members that's heaps of 'casual' fans. That's where we should be directing our marketing. An interest in the club is the hardest part we have that. Just not tapping into it.

darkbloom

Juniors
There is a fan engagement officer now.

The crowds have been going down since 2006, even being 2nd on the ladder in 2010 did not stop the rot.

The whole focus changed and the club became arrogant and insular.

The 2003-4 success was completely pissed up against the wall. That is where the building of supporter should have occurred.

Gus tried some things but they were quick fix attempts by someone who has no clue about that sort of thing and he did more damage than good, show everyone that few wanted to go to games even at rock bottom prices.

The excuse that losing is the problem and winning will create crowds is a poor one, only used by a bad marketing department.

maple_69

Bench
Losing for a decade.
Playing largely boring rugby league for a decade.
Having an unfashionable team for a decade.

Outside of doing a good job on the marketing side we also need these three things to turn around. Otherwisewe reach a potential fan and lose that opportunity (potentially forever) because the product is poor.

Id be interested if anyone has any kind of figures for ratings on penrith games.

franklin2323

Immortal
Losing for a decade.
Playing largely boring rugby league for a decade.
Having an unfashionable team for a decade.

Outside of doing a good job on the marketing side we also need these three things to turn around. Otherwisewe reach a potential fan and lose that opportunity (potentially forever) because the product is poor.

Id be interested if anyone has any kind of figures for ratings on penrith games.

Good question. We must rate alright we still manage a few channel 9 games.

We averaged 17k in 2003-04 so we can pull a crowd

franklin2323

Immortal
Probably is another department that's hopeless.

Next home game the 10 year since 03 GF. We should start now. We can get Sattler, Priddis etc out in fb etc to start the build up but will get the same treatment as any other game.

murraymob

Coach
the real problem has been the forced cut backs in the office
The fan engagment officer as far as i know is a part time non paid position.A real opportunity was missed there as the position could have gone to a fan who attends every game and a plays a big part in the black hole,He did apply

The membership team has always been done by the merchandising team that area was cut back a lot.We went from 2 stores well staffed down to one with a small range of products.Several people where let go

I am not sure what the solution is as we have and bar 1 or 2 years have always had the smallest fan base in the NRL

flash

Juniors
I made the trip out and seeing it was a "family fun day" because of the membership email, I put other commitments aside. But it didnt seem any different to any other home game.

Has the gameday experience ever changed in the last 10 years. Same intro music (now with gong), Panther car, Chasing a giant ball around at halftime, Scotty making the same pre-game comments.

It's sad when the highlight of the day for the kids now is waiting until the OAK people to arrive towards full time.

franklin2323

Immortal
He did apply

Yeah I know a few that applied good applicants aswell. A mate told me 1 especially seemed ideal on paper yet didn't get it.

To fix it start doing different. The Roosters game promote it as 03 GF. Get ex players that played. Lang and coaches to share thoughts etc. Start that now so we can actually pre-sell tickets.

my idea $10k to the club with the most players that attend. 10k to the school with the most over the course of the year. Has to be someway to do something like this.