What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prop forwards

lynx000

Juniors
I still think we are light on in the prop department for 2010, if either Kenny or Clinton or worse, both, were to get injured we would be in trouble. I see in the RLW that Adam Peek wants to come back to the NRL, what about him on a cut price contract for 12 months as a depth signing?

Let Taylor and Hannatt so their time down south and pay the $$$$$ to bring them back in 2011/12 or whatever they are available.

In the mean time bred up a few fatties in toyota cup to play from the bench.

Pistol

Coach
I still think we are light on in the prop department for 2010, if either Kenny or Clinton or worse, both, were to get injured we would be in trouble. I see in the RLW that Adam Peek wants to come back to the NRL, what about him on a cut price contract for 12 months as a depth signing?

no thanks

he's a nuffie

i'd rather have somebody like Jarrod Saffy although thats unlikely to happen. Josh McGuire is still in development and he's coming along.

Dazzat

First Grade
Adam Peek ... he only got into first grade on the back of his father's reputation.

The club will need to do some hunting to find any descent props in Australia. England's our only option IMO. Matt Scott was the last descent prop on the open market for next year, and he's resigned with the Cows.

Pistol

Coach
Of course not. Why would I be?

i'm not happy either dude. i'd rather us have some depth in the front row area. atm we got kenny going gangbusters and taylor wont be around next year and there's no indication he'll do a luke lewis or nathan smith and stay. (Souths seem to be bulging with props for next season with Taylor and Ben Ross moving to Redfern) Clinton will be back and McGuire is still in development. next year it seems its Sims, Kenny, Clinton, McGuire to share the book end duties. (unless i've missed someone). tbh, i'd like a little more insurance in that area. Palmer Wapau doesnt seem up to it and there doesnt appear to be anyone in the U20s ready to step up any time soon.

Of course.:D

roll out the carpet for him

Dazzat

First Grade
We should have room under the salary cap ... surely.

The silence is deafening from Cullen ... I reckon he's cooking up something. Surely he can't be sitting on his hands hoping some bloke from Queensland Cup is going to step up next year. Look at Sweeney (thanks Pete for that post). He was probably the best prop in the Qld Cup last year and couldn't crack first grade once ...

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Broncos fan! is right, it doesn't appear that we will sign any props at all for 2010... It's a very sad situation, and one would hope that Hala can come through before his time, which is very unfair to expect of him. Kenny+Clinton as starting props, have come a long way from Webke+Civo :(.

We missed the boat with Matt Scott... There must be heaps of room under the cap, just don't get it :?

Pistol

Coach
With Hunt going to play aerial ping pong, that would certainly leave us with enough money to go shopping for a prop.

It's sadly looking like we're not going to bolster the front row stocks. Souths have got an array of props with Asotasi, Taylor, Geddes, Ben Ross, Kane Cleal, Crossman, Luke Stuart plays a bit of front row... and it looks like they might be getting Sam Burgess

Last edited:

Broncos fan!

Juniors
i'm not happy either dude. i'd rather us have some depth in the front row area. atm we got kenny going gangbusters and taylor wont be around next year and there's no indication he'll do a luke lewis or nathan smith and stay. (Souths seem to be bulging with props for next season with Taylor and Ben Ross moving to Redfern) Clinton will be back and McGuire is still in development. next year it seems its Sims, Kenny, Clinton, McGuire to share the book end duties. (unless i've missed someone). tbh, i'd like a little more insurance in that area. Palmer Wapau doesnt seem up to it and there doesnt appear to be anyone in the U20s ready to step up any time soon.

roll out the carpet for him

I agree and realize that we do definitely need at least 1 more decent prop before I am happy. But I can't see us signing anyone as we have left it this late and have missed out on players like Scott, Poore, Tronc, Shackleton, Burgess, even Ross or Geddes who are all quality players and we have missed out on young guns like Leeson Ah Mau, Siosaia Vave, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves for example who have all been snatched up by other clubs. We showed hardly any interest in any of the above players and now that there are no quality props off contract for next year I can't see us making any signings which really annoys me.

Taylor is more of a back rower than a prop at the moment I think. Souths should use him as a back rower the same way that we have been lately. Taylor and Pettybourne will rip up the fringes next year for souths.:crazy:

If a few of our props next year get injured we will be in big trouble. But if we manage to go the year with no major injuries to Kenny, Clinton, Sims, McGuire and they are all in the same form that they have been lately then I think we should be fine. Hala from the U20s will be ready for the step up to the bench next year IMO.

broncos70

Juniors
ive got a little secret :) wait for some good news kids..cant tell you when but dont feel too down

Dazzat

First Grade
We're swapping Sims and Clinton for Civ?

Taylor didn't actually sign anything?

We've signed Matt Dunning?