What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proud as punch.

Suitman

Post Whore
We might not have won. We might have made some shit decisions during critical parts of the match.
But I'm proud that we are now mixing it with the best. We played one of the form teams today, even without their best two players, and we still took it to them.
All of us would given our lives to be in this position 8 weeks ago.
I'm proud of our mob.
We have so much to offer, and we're not considered easy beats anymore.
Who would have thought we'd draw 50 000 to a game 7 weeks into the competition?
Come On You Eels!!!!

Suity

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The effort to fight back after the no try was there for all to see, they looked done and dusted but fought back to be unlucky not win the game. Sandow kicks the goal we win. Execution and silly mistakes cost us the game.

forward pass

Coach
Agreed. How quickly people forget the garbage of the last 3 years. Couldn't be happier. (Apart from if we won).

Suitman

Post Whore
Agreed. How quickly people forget the garbage of the last 3 years. Couldn't be happier. (Apart from if we won).

Not many games that we lose I walk away from happy.
After the last......so many years of shite.......I left todays game happy.
I saw a contest.
And I saw our team give a shit. That's enough for me these days..
I'm getting my money's worth.

Suity

Kornstar

Coach
They still lost a game they should have won, it was a danger game and we treated it like we normally do.

Was it better than the last 3 shit years? f**k yes! Am I happy, no!

Next week will determine how I actually feel about this loss......if they compete next week in a place where our record is shit, then I will be happy.......if we get towled up, it will confirm that nothing has changed, yet.......

mickdo

Coach
Dissapointed of course, but we seem to be competing this year. Was always going to be a danger game.

mepelthwack

Juniors
As a Tigers fan I think we were extremely lucky to win. I have no reason at all to think Parra will miss the 8, really good side, back luck guys.

eel speel

Juniors
Who gives a shit where the Tigers are coming?
We are competing.

Suity

Agree. All us parra fans want to see is our team compete every week. We want to know that we are going into a game with a real chance of getting the 2 points.....having said that I would have preferred we won today. BA would not be happy with our errors today.

Disappointing, but I can see there is more to come. Need to get Sandow a new kicking coach to ensure when we cross we score 6 not just 4.

But happy with the effort. I never thought we were out matched or out enthused

I think we gifted them the closeness of the game. It is early in the season, and some of the boys had the fumbles tonight. As long as we improve our performance next week, we are in this competition up to our ears.

forward pass

Coach
Honestly I reckon we will struggle against the cowboys. I expect us to lose that one up there, but we will win a stack of games after that.

Suitman

Post Whore
Disappointing, but I can see there is more to come. Need to get Sandow a new kicking coach to ensure when we cross we score 6 not just 4.

But happy with the effort. I never thought we were out matched or out enthused

I think we gifted them the closeness of the game. It is early in the season, and some of the boys had the fumbles tonight. As long as we improve our performance next week, we are in this competition up to our ears.

Yep. That's why I'm happy with todays effort. Though disappointed we lost.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Honestly I reckon we will struggle against the cowboys. I expect us to lose that one up there, but we will win a stack of games after that.

I think that too. But ya never know.
I only think that because we have a poor record up there.

Suity

Ant

Juniors
Yeah you watch that game and can't believe we lost, 4 tries to 3 and two of their tries were 90m intercepts. Bounce of ball slightly better execution it could have been 30-10 in our favour. But despite mistakes we showed once again that in my view we can score points against anyone, that we will be a handful against anyone. Also the tigers offered plenty, gee they have some big boys, and we scrambled and handled them well.
I won't say the tigers were lucky rather they took their chances better than us both with ball in hand and goal kicking.
Bring on round 8.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
For f**ks sake Suity I'M NOT HAPPY - I lost a bet with the misses and now I've got two weeks of full on heavy duty domestic duties to manage and NO SEX thrown in either.... My club let me down..... sob, sob, sob, sob, while wearing apron and holding iron in the left hand.... I'M not happy. And yes its my fault....... f**king merkin I Am...

Eelementary

Post Whore
We might not have won. We might have made some shit decisions during critical parts of the match.
But I'm proud that we are now mixing it with the best. We played one of the form teams today, even without their best two players, and we still took it to them.
All of us would given our lives to be in this position 8 weeks ago.
I'm proud of our mob.
We have so much to offer, and we're not considered easy beats anymore.
Who would have thought we'd draw 50 000 to a game 7 weeks into the competition?
Come On You Eels!!!!

Suity

This X 1,000.

Not long ago, I copped a lot of grief for wearing my Eels jersey (it didn't stop me from wearing it, though).

But in 2014, I can wear it and nobody will make fun. We are a tough team this year, and I'm proud to be an Eel for life.