What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proud

matPORTS

Juniors
The boys must have watched the Socceroos effort this morning and took plenty of motivation from it. While it wasn't a totally polished performance, that was certainly much better than what has been dished up over the last couple of months.

Cooper is developing into a great prop. Hope his supposed shoulder charge doesn't pull him out next week.

Benji is improving all the time even if he still has the odd error in his game. Him controlling the right and Widdop is definitely the way to go. Widdop looked really downbeat after the game. Class players like him probably have too high an expectation on themselves but he can hold his head high.

Pitty about Frizzel. But other guys have an opportunity to prove themselves while he's gone.

Credit to the Panthers. They are getting the job done and will be a contender at the pointy end.

Looking forward to seeing if we keep improving. Common you Saints!

God-King Dean

Immortal
Execution was off when we need it the most. But can't question their effort.

Though did cringe when one of the commentators called us 'brave'. We've always degressed to GWS levels lol.

matPORTS

Juniors

Though did cringe when one of the commentators called us 'brave'. We've always degressed to GWS levels lol.

Agreed. Thing for mine is that I think we now have something to work with. Keep that kind of effort up and the execution will come.

If Duges and Merrin bring back a series winning attitude from Origin who knows what will happen at the back end of the season.

FlameThrower

Bench
Yes some positives, but still 4th last ....I think the "brave" reference may be to where we are on ladder?

Highland Saint

Juniors

Agreed, every great line break or offload ended in an error. Anyone want to buy a used TV? One previous owner, some cracks, may have a remote lodged in the top right corner of the screen

inside_pass

Bench
Hey Dino,a word of advice:
Think before you write mate because you sound like a dead-set goose sometimes!!!

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Good effort from the boys there tonight but too many errors still.
They had a go still though which is an improvement on the other weeks and with some of the rep players back hopefully they can kick on a bit in the 2nd half of the year.

TruSaint

Referee
Good effort from the boys there tonight but too many errors still.
They had a go still though which is an improvement on the other weeks and with some of the rep players back hopefully they can kick on a bit in the 2nd half of the year.

2014 is over Mick.
Look at our draw and stats.
Piss off Mary / Doust and co. and rebuild.

Minh

First Grade
A good honest dig from the players is all one can ask (judging from the comments, as I could not get to the game). I'm glad Quinlan had a good game based on the 3 2 1's, he's a very good footballer.

dino2170

Juniors
people can bring whatever spin on it a loss is a loss no matter if they improved a loss is still a loss like the socceroos they improved out of sight but they still lost

i think its got top do with the australian psyche if you tried but didnt get there well thats alright THATS CRAP

you are only successfull if you improve AND win thats why the rest of the world laughs at our attempts at the WORLD GAME they would not give 2 hoots about rugby league cause they cant play it

Minh

First Grade
people can bring whatever spin on it a loss is a loss no matter if they improved a loss is still a loss like the socceroos they improved out of sight but they still lost

i think its got top do with the australian psyche if you tried but didnt get there well thats alright THATS CRAP

you are only successfull if you improve AND win thats why the rest of the world laughs at our attempts at the WORLD GAME they would not give 2 hoots about rugby league cause they cant play it

Can't agree at all with this way of thinking. In every game between two teams you have a 50% chance of winning or losing, of course there is also the draw but that is knit picking. So if you look at it almost half of games played there will be a loser. Effort and improvement counts for a lot as without these qualities you can never reach the top. For example a boxer being knocked down 5 times and keeps getting up to the final bell- that is heart and that is something to be proud of.

MaxPower

Juniors
I just wanted to say that i'm really proud of the boys tonight. Not a single one of them had his shirt on inside out, or his shoes on the wrong feet. Well done boys!

Minh

First Grade
Losing 18-14 with a depleted team against the ladder leaders is a big improvement over the 30 blot drubbings of the last month of Price's tenure.

dino2170

Juniors
im not saying that im not surprised of their improvement but being proud and saints actually winning a game when the opposition is at full strength IS an achievement

Latest posts