What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Provan

Puff

First Grade
I reckon we should make a push as a group to get this man immortalised.

Suggesting other nuffies for immortal in front of this AWESOME man is just wrong. He has a record in all areas better then any.

My post prized possession is a norm autograph addressed to me.

big pat

Coach
big norm provan, would be happy with this, jokes aside, the man is a legend, would be a great asset, instead of trying to flog johns cause.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I reckon we should make a push as a group to get this man immortalised.

Suggesting other nuffies for immortal in front of this AWESOME man is just wrong. He has a record in all areas better then any.

My post prized possession is a norm autograph addressed to me.

Hear hear!

Puff

First Grade
makes me sick how they talk up Johns (bong celebration), and Lockyer (13 rapers got the dog's a comp comment). And no mention of a guy that won more premierships then them both put together.

bribieboy

Juniors
I was at a night and the special guests were Norm, Johnny Raper and Billy Smith. When Chook was asked about being a legend and who he thinks could be next he said "Their kidding if they don't make this bloke one" as he put his hand on Norms sholder.

Ulysseus

Bench
He'd be a fitting immortal.
I can't claim to know the man at all, but you get the impression from watching interviews and reading what he has said that, as honoured as he would be, he may not give two fifths of a flying f**k what a magazine thinks about his status in the game.

To my mind, he already is an immortal, he is on the f**king trophy and he won 10 consecutive grand finals, a feat no player at this level of elite competition had achieved before or will likely achieve in the future.
The humility of the man being what it is, he always maintained it was a great team effort rather than one consisting of great individual performances.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Of course Norm Provan should be an Immortal. The only possible reason for omitting him is that there are already three St George players there. If so, it's a woeful reason.

Benny

First Grade
Norm Provan should already be an Immortal.

Andrew Johns shouldn't be considered to ever be an Immortal - his achievements aren't that great and off-field incidents need to be considered.

After Norm, the two to look at after that in my mind is Mal Meninga and Darren Lockyer - with Lockyer ahead for mind. Went from the Worlds best fullback to the worlds best five-eight - has won and captained Premierships, Origins and Tests. Will be most capped player at all levels once he retires (though Norm is still well ahead)

Minh

First Grade
Never got to see him play and from all accounts is an all time great, but isn't it a decade or three too late to immortalise him or is that just common practice that we can immortalise from any era.

Godz Illa

Coach
Of course Norm Provan should be an Immortal. The only possible reason for omitting him is that there are already three St George players there. If so, it's a woeful reason.
Yep, this is the most likely reason, as shit as it is. No-one can match Norm's credentials, but I'm sure he can take solace in the fact he has already been immortalised in that wonderful NRL premiership trophy (one of the best trophies in sport, imo)

Ben+Hornby+NRL+Grand+Final+Dragons+v+Roosters+a9In-KRmBW7l.jpg

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Yep, this is the most likely reason, as shit as it is. No-one can match Norm's credentials, but I'm sure he can take solace in the fact he has already been immortalised in that wonderful NRL premiership trophy (one of the best trophies in sport, imo)

Ben+Hornby+NRL+Grand+Final+Dragons+v+Roosters+a9In-KRmBW7l.jpg

It is indeed a great trophy, soiled by grubby cheating Storm hands on it, that sort of makes me sick:x.

I did have a snigger today about the trophy. I was at The G watching my 'Pies go about their business, anyway before the game I was in my seat reading the paper and my ears pricked up when 2 blokes behind me, also reading the paper, suddenly moved the topic on to rugby league and the Storm, you could tell they had no idea about league from the general conversation. One of the blokes remarks "what's the go with those bogans and their Pedo trophy they play for"?? It sort of went over my head so I turned around and said "why is it a Pedo trophy??" and one of the blokes says "well it depicts a big man and a little kid, hence Pedo trophy". We ended up having a bit of a yarn about league and once I realized they were somewhat interested in my opinion I gave them the Norm Provan life history, hey presto, 2 new Saints fans.

I'm pretty sure they thought I was taking the p!ss when I told them about the 11 in a row and the part Provan played in it all. I guess they were like many league fans, didn't know much about the other rival code other than to laugh at it and mock it. I guess ignorance can be bliss.

Big Norm