What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS4 War games advice

Amin Yashed

Juniors
Hey guys,

Not much of a gamer but I love realistic WW1- 2 types of games. What games would you recommend for the PS4? I don't like unrealistic zombie type games if that makes sense.

Wato

Juniors
Battlefield one is a great game set in World War One and has both a campaign and multiplayer. If you like alternative history games Wolfenstien the new order is very good outside of that the sniper elite games are supposed to be fun games set during WW2 but I have never played them myself so can't vouch for their quality.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Battlefield one is a great game set in World War One and has both a campaign and multiplayer. If you like alternative history games Wolfenstien the new order is very good outside of that the sniper elite games are supposed to be fun games set during WW2 but I have never played them myself so can't vouch for their quality.

I bought wolfenstien NO about a year ago when it was on sale for like $15 but have never actually played it. Worth putting some time into?

Wato

Juniors
I bought wolfenstien NO about a year ago when it was on sale for like $15 but have never actually played it. Worth putting some time into?

I have only heard good things plus the sequel looks amazing been thinking of picking it up since E3.

Amin Yashed

Juniors
Thanks mate. Does it take a while to actually finish all the campaigns? I don't play online.

Wato

Juniors
Thanks mate. Does it take a while to actually finish all the campaigns? I don't play online.

I have only played through the campaign for battlefield one and that took me about 6 hours to finish but you could go back and get collectables etc, not sure about the others thou.

Pommy

Coach
The two Wolfensteins aren't exactly realistic I remember fighting some huge robot nazi spider or something. Although they are very good games.
Battlefield is very decent I'm not a huge FPS guy as I never have the time to dedicate to get really good at online games but I did go through a month long period where I got really sucked in to it online.
I did try sniper elite 3 but its sitting unfinished, once you shot a few Nazis in the bollocks with the slow motion kill cameras I found it got boring and the game felt dated, it was a PS3 game originally. I am tempted to try the new one once it drops in price.
Im very much looking forward to playing the new call of duty for a big budget current gen world war 2 game. I know it will be an expensive 4 hour game but I don't care.

jargan83

Coach
I loved Wolfenstein: The New Order and I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel. Funnily enough I picked up the expansion for it on the cheap but still haven't played it. It's not realistic but it's alot of fun.

I tend to agree with Pommy re: Sniper Elite 3 and will add it seemed a little repetitive as well. I will probably pick up Sniper Elite 4 after a price drop.

Haven't played a Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare 3. Again might get the new one that is due for release this year.

Pommy

Coach
I loved Wolfenstein: The New Order and I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel. Funnily enough I picked up the expansion for it on the cheap but still haven't played it. It's not realistic but it's alot of fun.

I tend to agree with Pommy re: Sniper Elite 3 and will add it seemed a little repetitive as well. I will probably pick up Sniper Elite 4 after a price drop.

Haven't played a Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare 3. Again might get the new one that is due for release this year.

I just noticed super elite 4 is $40 this week on PS+, I'm a bit light this month so I will hold out.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Valiant hearts: the Great War. Amazing game set in WWI. It's a side scrolling platform game with a cartoony style but definitely has mature themes and a war feeling to it. I would recommend this to anybody to play.

T-Boon

Coach
I'd like to see a game based on something like the movie Lone Survivor.
5 Navi Seals v 1000 Taliban.
Is there some rule that they cannot bring a game out like that? If it offends the PC crowd you could have campaigns on both sides. (i.e. the hero is 1 of the 1000 taliban hunting 5 Seals).

Pommy

Coach
Taliban and seals don't even live in the same part of the world.
Perhaps it could be Inuit and seals? How would the seals fight back though?

Zoidberg

First Grade
Taliban and seals don't even live in the same part of the world.
Perhaps it could be Inuit and seals? How would the seals fight back though?
Not seals like the marine animal smart guy. He clearly said "Navi seals", so the Navi are the blue people from Avatar so a Navi Seal must be their version of our popular music artist.

Pommy

Coach
Not seals like the marine animal smart guy. He clearly said "Navi seals", so the Navi are the blue people from Avatar so a Navi Seal must be their version of our popular music artist.

I stand corrected.

Latest posts