What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS5

Zoidberg

First Grade
So apparently there is a PS5 detail reveal Thursday morning at 3am our time.
I’ve been a PS player since the original and after playing PS4 probably more than any of the previous ones, I’m pretty excited about what’s next. Might be my first pre-order and first day pickup for a new console.

axl rose

Bench
So apparently there is a PS5 detail reveal Thursday morning at 3am our time.
I’ve been a PS player since the original and after playing PS4 probably more than any of the previous ones, I’m pretty excited about what’s next. Might be my first pre-order and first day pickup for a new console.
There has been some initial confusion over its backwards compatibility. They have confirmed it will be backwards compatible with PS4 games. Sonys marketing team have been a bit all over the place compared to Microsoft. Ive never owned an Xbox, just saying.

Anyway im just hoping for a new Top Spin, Fight Night and a decent NRL game next gen. Is that too much to ask?

abpanther

Staff member
There has been some initial confusion over its backwards compatibility. They have confirmed it will be backwards compatible with PS4 games. Sonys marketing team have been a bit all over the place compared to Microsoft. Ive never owned an Xbox, just saying.

Anyway im just hoping for a new Top Spin, Fight Night and a decent NRL game next gen. Is that too much to ask?

Yeah a new Fight Night would be great, loved that game on ps2!

Generalzod

Immortal
WzVpoZLfksE2JrjzjJ4kxH-650-80.jpg

PS5 price in Australia
Sony has not revealed any details on the pricing of the console, but, as per several reports, the next-generation console costs the company $450 (approx. AU$648.88) for its manufacture. The price is on the high side compared to the PlayStation 4 which was launched at $399.99 in the US and AU$599 in Australia. So fans can expect PS5 to be around AU$749 or maybe even higher.

https://www.republicworld.com/technology-news/gaming/ps5-event-time-in-australia-know-about-the-price-where-to-watch.html#:~:text=PS5 price in Australia,-Sony has not&text=AU$648.88) for its manufacture,$749 or maybe even higher.

I think I'll we stick with the XBOX ONE series x:

With all this in mind, we expect the full-featured Xbox Series X to come in around $549 in Australia. Plus, there is potential for Microsoft to release a digital-only version of the console – a tactic it has done in the past with the Xbox One – at around the $479 mark.

https://www.finder.com.au/xbox-seri...With all this in mind,at around the $479 mark.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
It’s gonna depend on the original titles for me...

I have an Xbox One... I got it free when I upgraded my broadband 4-5 years ago...

i pretty much hate all the Xbox exclusives... I think I’m gonna go with PS5 this time around.

axl rose

Bench
Not many games that excite me there. I'm sure the bigger titles are still to be announced though. Always preferred Jak and Daxter to Ratchet and Clank

Pommy

Coach
XBOX one series x is still more powerful....

the power is meaningless if the games are lacklustre and this current generation has been Sony’s on that front without doubt.
The Xbox was more powerful than the PS4 Pro but I’ve not seen enough difference to warrant switching.

Xcalibre

Juniors
No surprise @Generalzod is an Xbox fanboy.

PlayStation is far and away the better console for GAMING. Xbox major exclusives are Halo, Gears of War and Forza lmfao so lame.

Xcalibre

Juniors
the power is meaningless if the games are lacklustre and this current generation has been Sony’s on that front without doubt.
The Xbox was more powerful than the PS4 Pro but I’ve not seen enough difference to warrant switching.

Xbox may have the edge with specs, but I don’t buy gaming gear for specs. I buy for the results. I’ve been happy with all since PS1. I’ve only had one Xbox.

ACTPanthers

Bench

shiznit

Coach
Xbox may have the edge with specs, but I don’t buy gaming gear for specs. I buy for the results. I’ve been happy with all since PS1. I’ve only had one Xbox.

Ive had a PS1 & PS2, an Xbox 360 & currently have an Xbox One.

I thought I absolutely hit it out of the park with the first 3... but the Xbox One came a distant 2nd to the PS4 IMO.

I didn’t buy the Xbox One though... got it free when I switched fibre providers.

I’ve absolutely hated Halo & Gears of War even going back to 360 and driving games are boring to me so Forza holds no appeal.

And I’m super jealous of PS4 owners as ive been dying to play Spider-Man since it came out and now Ghost of Tsushima has just ramped that up even more.

im thinking I’m gonna get a PS5 and then if it’s backward capable I’ll grab those 2 on PS4 first up.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Release date of November 12th.
Price $750 and $600 (digital version).

pre-ordered. I think my first games will be Spider-man : Miles Morales, and Godfall.

jargan83

Coach
Missed pre-orders - by time I got a chance to look this morning a lot of Australia retailers had taken down pre-orders.

Edit: EB games are now taking pre-orders for the first shipment within 2021

I still have a stack of games I need top get through for the PS4 so I guess I'll look to get one after Christmas

Which version did you pre-order @Zoidberg? The version with the disc drive or the digital version?