What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pull your head in Soward

Posted elsewhere under the "Why the dragons will lose . . ." thread, but worthy in my opinion of another topic dealing with the insolence of Soward's statement:

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqn...780223362.html

Jamie Soward: "We didn't play that bad, they got a couple of lucky tries.''

Can someone tell me what was lucky about them:

1) Morts win the high ball contest, has the skill to double tap back with
Burt positioning himself perfectly in support (where were the Dragon
defenders?)
2) Morts skips out of a goal-line defender tackle, throws on the step and
accelarator to cross the line untouched
3) Guru takes a gamble on Soward's (who called some of our tries lucky?!?)
attempted cut-out pass, snatching it from the air and motoring 85m
untouched. The fact that he couldn't do it again, can be seen as "lucky"
for the Dragons I reckon.
4) Hayne steps 7 defenders within 20m to find the line, in what the papers
are calling one of the best individual tries ever in finals football?

Which "couple" out of those tries are lucky?

How this goose won the Provan-Summons medal is beyond me.

Kenny Powers

Juniors
The same way that St Merge had a dozen lucky wins in 2009.
They had 20 minutes of quality posession in our own half and were lucky to get 2 points! There was no luck in our defence shutting down Soward's woeful excuse for attacking football.
Soward is spinning sh*t to cover up that once again he is being exposed on the field. If he wasn't a decent kick he'd be a park footy player at best. I will never fear a Dragons side with Soward in it, he is a doormat in defence and makes way too many mistakes.

bartman

Immortal
He has to talk it up, because they've got nothing left.

Saints know they were comprehsenively beaten at home, when in their minds they were expecting to knock us out. They lost three on the trot, got themselves up to beast us in the final round, and are now down at the bottom of the barrel again just at the time of year they should be peaking. Even Wayne can't lift them out of this, Broncos by plenty.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Yes we are lucky .......twits like young, raper and now soward like to make nice little comments

keep churning em out lads, big kiss :D

yy_cheng

Coach
Well, I think alot of opposition teams will be reviewing this tape and there's no other way/style the drags can play. Even Bennett admitted that.

Gaba

First Grade
well the stats showed the dragons made more metres and made the same number of linebreaks as the eels.and the dragons didnt play at thier best , it shows something that the eels despite playing better then the dragons and the eels still struggled to show that much of dominance

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well the stats showed the dragons made more metres and made the same number of linebreaks as the eels.and the dragons didnt play at thier best , it shows something that the eels despite playing better then the dragons and the eels still struggled to show that much of dominance

some other stats of interest are the 5-1 penalty count in favour of the Dragons, not to mention the amount of dropped ball and mistakes we made to hand over possession

less mistakes and the score should have been much different

you guys played the perfect game last week and that is very hard to reproduce as you saw yesterday

sportive cupid

Referee
hmmm..How do you know the Eels were playing at their bests:sarcasm: Could it be that they were just toying:shock:;-)

You are kidding right?

Give the Eels a 6-2 penalty count
Give the Eels set after set on your line in the first 20 minutes
Give the refs two impartial refs
Give that we did not play well in attack with drop balls and silly mistakes

We win by over 37 no matter how well you play

Doesn't answer my question in which were the "lucky" tries.

I tip my hat to Wayne Bennett - unlike Soward, he had the good grace and sportsmanship to say they were outplayed by the better team.

One stat you didn't mention, was the 5-2 (I've also seen it reported as 6-2, and 7-2) penalty count, whereby one of Parra's penalties was for Soward kicking out on the full - so really, only one penalty for deliberate infringement against Saints.

A conversion for Dragons based upon what has been labeled in the media as a "dubious" decision, and a lot of metres gained and field position off of the back of this lopsided count, whereby St George loose balls were called "strips" and Parra's "knock-ons" . . . no wonder the other stats look like they do.

Gaba

First Grade
Doesn't answer my question in which were the "lucky" tries.

I tip my hat to Wayne Bennett - unlike Soward, he had the good grace and sportsmanship to say they were outplayed by the better team.

One stat you didn't mention, was the 5-2 (I've also seen it reported as 6-2, and 7-2) penalty count, whereby one of Parra's penalties was for Soward kicking out on the full - so really, only one penalty for deliberate infringement against Saints.

A conversion for Dragons based upon what has been labeled in the media as a "dubious" decision, and a lot of metres gained and field position off of the back of this lopsided count, whereby St George loose balls were called "strips" and Parra's "knock-ons" . . . no wonder the other stats look like they do.

Yes the eels did out play the dragons , i guess whe na player throws a pass and it gets intercept most of those trys are call lucky.

Doesnt mean they come from luck, lucky could mean different things like lucky he read the move etc, who not to say that was soward was referring too

there were some dubious call against the dragons too and a few trys went against them which in other games would have been trys

Last edited:

Kenny Powers

Juniors

Kidding yourself as usual, the dragons attack was made to look pathetic by the Eels defence. StMerge dominated the first 20 and had absolutely nothing to show for it. Going off your thinking, Parra struggled to get any go forward metres yet they still managed to win the game by 13 points, sounds like the Dragon's are dead and buried to me.
You also forgot the lopsided penalty count that Parra were good enough to overcome. The Dragons were outclassed but keep your chin up, there is always next year.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Yes the eels did out play the dragons , i guess whe na player throws a pass and it gets intercept most of those trys are call lucky.

Doesnt mean they come from luck, lucky could mean different things like lucky he read the move etc, who not to say that was soward was referring too

there were some dubious call against the dragons too and a few trys went against them which in other games would have been trys

:blahb: Do you want a tissue?

Gronk

Staff member
I actually think we have been playing pretty crap since the Penrith game onwards. We've struggled to bring the ball out of our own goal line. Also our offloads have been pretty reserved. Errors have been high too. So IMO was did not play "at our best". Not even close.

Kenny Powers

Juniors
God there are some dumbass Dragon fans out there... The replays show that the correct decisions were made and all of the commentators agreed. They got plenty of calls in their favour and yet here they are bleating like they were robbed.