What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pushing the marker as you play the ball!

chileman

Coach
:x Mattai was penalised for this when we were on the attack! Commentators remarked on the incident and asked if the ref would be consistent through the game! 2nd half, Webcke twice pushed the marker as he played the ball, once nearly putting Burns on his backside, the Tupo also pushed the marker as he played the ball....where is the consistency :roll:

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
such a pathetic penalty. It happens in 4 out of 6 play the balls.

Consistency is non exsistant with the referees, and it is damaging the game imo.

domdom

Juniors
one of the softest penalties of the round. if they are going to penalise it, a ref has to do it EVERY TIME it happens.

QldEagle01

Juniors
Referees are making a joke of the game this season. Funny how the Broncos always seem to benifit after a weekly winge. Darren Lockyer deserves the sook of the week award for staying down after a nudge from Bryant and Tonie Carrol had his dancing shoes on after being smashed by big Rosie..........lol, shouldnt go leading with his chin hey.

QldEagle01

Juniors
Lockyer is a joke, staying down aftert that tackle shows what a show poney he is.

Dance that dance Tonie...............................lol

t-ba

Post Whore
I remember Hoppa getting done for it during the Panthers Game at Penny Park in 2003...and we had a try disallowed.

I never saw another penalty for it again. Burns and Matai are starting to get the rough end of the stick imo. Burns is forever on report but never charged...Matai gets done for the most innocuous bullsh*t ever.

Cletus

First Grade
That was a sh*t penalty. I'm sure the only reason he gave it was because the Manly players were blowing up over him missing what should have been a 'six again' call. Then the Broncos score the next set of six rather than Manly having six tackles on the Broncos 20 metre line:x .

Still, Mattai should have fallen over the line to score in the last minute and stopped screaming out of the line and leaving space for most of the game. We could have won that game if we'd played well enough, in spite of the sh*t calls. Broncos too good.

chileman

Coach
QldEagle01 said:
Darren Lockyer deserves the sook of the week award for staying down after a nudge from Bryant.
He's been watching to much of the World Cup and how to perfect a dive and get the penalty....ok, it was a penalty but the poor baby had to have a cry on the ground clutching his throat after a feather tap :roll:

Ghoulies

Bench
chileman said:
He's been watching to much of the World Cup and how to perfect a dive and get the penalty....ok, it was a penalty but the poor baby had to have a cry on the ground clutching his throat after a feather tap :roll:
Perhaps he was clutching at his throat because.... it actually hurt! :shock:

Lockyer is a joke, staying down aftert that tackle shows what a show poney he is.
If that's true, I guess he and BK have a fair bit in common then.

QldEagle01

Juniors
Typical Bronco reply. Criticize them you are"evil" north of the border. "Though shall not put crap upon the broncos".

Ghoulies

Bench
QldEagle01 said:
Typical Bronco reply. Criticize them you are"evil" north of the border. "Though shall not put crap upon the broncos".
Can I assume that English isn't your strong suit, or do you just enjoy dabbling in jibberish?

edit: BTW, that Mattai penalty was BS.

Tank30

Juniors
t-ba said:
I remember Hoppa getting done for it during the Panthers Game at Penny Park in 2003...and we had a try disallowed.

I never saw another penalty for it again. Burns and Matai are starting to get the rough end of the stick imo. Burns is forever on report but never charged...Matai gets done for the most innocuous bullsh*t ever.

Funny how players who carry on like thugs and are constantly breaking the rules of the game get 'picked on'.. :crazy: :crazy:

SMOKEY

Juniors
Tank30 said:
Funny how players who carry on like thugs and are constantly breaking the rules of the game get 'picked on'..

Thats why "Smith" gives away so many Penaltys!!(from Parra}:) :roll: :sarcasm:
...and that other Fat Player ..... "Pig-Riddell"