What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

webShark

I'm sure New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton would love to sit down with Flanno and give him some tips on what to do for the next 12 months.

If Flanno is innocent, I think the club should fight it.

Very sarcastic.

Flanno may be guilty of lack of governance at worst. PC Crap. A good bloke is a good bloke. Go back 30 years and look at Footy. Now go forward 30 years. There will be no Footy in PC World. So we have to hope attitudes change for the PC worse.

Flanno may be a lot of things, but he is a decent hard working bloke. End of.

Question : if one of my kids commits any crime or infringement am I guilty of lack of governance or can we trust people still?

Flanno's biggest crime was letting Peach go. Just sayin.

carinashark

First Grade
Ok looking back at the NRL news articles I see that the NRL/ASADA will not be looking at other clubs and players. So we have been singled out and punished . The only upside is that now we have another 1978 to add to our collection.

The Popper

Bench
Ok looking back at the NRL news articles I see that the NRL/ASADA will not be looking at other clubs and players. So we have been singled out and punished . The only upside is that now we have another 1978 to add to our collection.

Took me a coupla secs. to twig to that, Carina...but you're spot on.

gunnamatta bay

Referee

A burning question remains in my opinion which I am sure has probably been raised before in this thread is just exactly was Danks and the gazzelle doing at Manly for a reported four years or so?

Card Shark

Immortal
Wasnt there the calf's blood scenario at Manly - when Des was there?

Obviously that is not contravening any ASADA rules but it goes to show you they were prepared to try innovative means to improve performance, under Danks supervision.

It defies belief that ASADA seem to have glossed over this....as has the likes of the Daily Telecrap. Smells of a conspiracy against us but who knows?

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
Smith: I have issued breach notice against the club with proposed fine of $1m
Smith: Head coach registration suspended for 12 months
Smith: Elkin - he injected players without the proper training to do so
Smith: Ekin's registration to be cancelled. Free to apply in the future
Smith: Any future application unlikely.
Smith: These are provisional findings. Club and stuff have the right of response
Smith: We will not accept practices that put players at risk

So 1 week to go before we have to reply to the provisional findings / sanctions.

I wonder what we have come up with?

Sharkman

Juniors
A burning question remains in my opinion which I am sure has probably been raised before in this thread is just exactly was Danks and the gazzelle doing at Manly for a reported four years or so?

It's all I keep talking about. My mates just laugh now, gets a bit old after 12 months.

Don't think anyone wants to answer it.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
It's all I keep talking about. My mates just laugh now, gets a bit old after 12 months.

Don't think anyone wants to answer it.

You would have thought the ace reporters at news would be all over it wouldnt you?

Four years is a long time compared to the short period danks and co were at the Sharks.

What were they up to all that time?

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Surely the intrepid Rothfield could show some front and ask some questions. He seems to be independant of the rest of the hyenas or is he under orders not to pursue it?

Phil you claim to be one of us. You have a duty to go after this issue.

DC_fan

Coach
Surely the intrepid Rothfield could show some front and ask some questions. He seems to be independant of the rest of the hyenas or is he under orders not to pursue it?

Phil you claim to be one of us. You have a duty to go after this issue.

Isnt he on holidays

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Isnt he on holidays

I didnt think seekers of truth justice and the Australian sense of fair play took holidays.

This issue has "the potential to rock the NRL to its very foundations". Oh wait we already had the "darkest day in Australian sport" rubbish rammed down our throats. Which of course was a furphy yet it shamed our nation before the sporting world.

Someone deserves a flogging over that one.

Perhaps Phil is in the first stages of a book on the whole debacle in some far flung hideaway so he can concentrate.

Quigs

Immortal
If we are looking for a match plan we should re-engage the services of George Roper.

We could have all of our officials front up to the enquiries juggling tennis balls.

That'll farkkk em.

A Merry Ho,Ho

The NRL has granted Cronulla an extension to respond to the breach notice issued to the club for its 2011 supplements program after it was accepted the festive season could have disrupted proceedings.

The sport's governing body ruled in mid-December that Cronulla had seriously breached the game's code of conduct with the program and that coach Shane Flanagan had failed in his duty of care to the players.

However, Sharks chief executive Steve Noyce said the NRL was sympathetic that formulating the club's response could have been slowed down by the Christmas-New Year break and they decided to extend the January 15 deadline by a week.

"In any breach notice you get a period of time to respond and obviously the current period is over the festive season which puts different time considerations onto the whole issue," Noyce said.

Advertisement
"The NRL continue to be supportive of us, giving us enough time to provide a response to the breach notice, which we're obviously entitled to do."

NRL chief executive Dave Smith handed down what were described as "damning findings" before Christmas and the club was hit with a proposed $1 million fine ($400,000 of which is suspended), while Flanagan was provisionally suspended from all duties for 12 months.

After receiving the breach notice, the Sharks' directors immediately voted to assemble a legal team to fight for the club's reputation and future.

Noyce said Cronulla's supporters had rallied behind their club and there had been a surge in memberships.

"Last year was the first time in the history of the club that we had over 10,000 members; our numbers at Christmas were up on the numbers from last year," he said. "The response from the rank and file last year was strong and certainly at this stage it continues to be strong and that's obviously exciting and pleasing news for the club."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...each-notice-20140109-30k0w.html#ixzz2pvjqDMWR

Card Shark

Immortal
I'm sure we are compiling a good case against those sanctions.

If the NRL / ASADA don't know what was taken, why were we sanctioned ?

I would've thought it's putting the cart before the horse a bit but I understand the NRL wanted to make a stance, as we can't escape scott free. Unlike Messiah, I think something untoward has happened....but how can they punish us if they don't really know the extent of it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.