What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PVP Round 1 (2005) Covells Vs Bluebags

Misanthrope

Staff member
The side also has named Covellz_Gurl , in what could just be the first ever Female Forums 7s player

Just a heads up on that. I'm not sure who the 'first' female F7's player was, but morticia and Penelope Pittstop were both playing for Easts in 2003 (at least). There's les norton at Newie from last year as well.

On topic, great effort from both sides. Looking forward to the result

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol.
There's lots of female F7s players.
Apart from Les Norton (Dirty Reds / Newcastle) and Penelope Pittstop (Easts), there's also Brook who skippered the Balmain side.
Vaealikis Girl is captain of the Eels.
MysteryGirl (now a ref) is a Bluebag and was co-captain.
Morticia co-captained Easts and is now playing for the Bluebags.
Roostargirl played for Easts.
Mystique, our most experienced non-playing ref, had a brief stint with the Broncos.
Lisa 13 and PK are Lions players.
And offcourse, there's half.

I'm sure I've missed some.

Again, good luck Covells and all players.

antonius

Coach
*** NOTE****For the Covells Team Two of your team members have edited their posts after fulltime (Captain Covell, and Big Bad Sharks Fan) In the normal chain of events those posts would not be scored and disqualified from the game. However Willow (Bluebags Captain) is happy to let them be scored, given that this is a trial game for new teams. I would suggest all the new players read the rules of the game to avoid any misunderstandings in future.
Cheers.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
But have any had the build up and suspense and pressure as covellz gurl has?

Thh, no, no other female in forum 7's history has come with the hype and excitement that Covellz Gurl brings, the only modern day comparisement that can be made is when a young buck from the little known town of Goodiwindi, emerged from the slums to make it in the NRL, playing for his state (NSW residents) and country (New Zealand A) along the way... that man went on to become the greatest winger of all time, i speak of course of Sir Luke Covell...

:lol:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
I edited mine as i didnt realise that title counted in the post. my bad. thankyou to willow for the sportsmanship
I understand that BBSF. As a Bluebags captain, I normally let opposing team captains know by PM if I see one of their players is over the word limit before fulltime (that's if I have time to check).

But full time is full time and no editing is allowed aftewards. Its actually better to cop the word count penalty than have the post disqualified for editing after fulltime (as would happen in the regular comp).

I say this to help out and not to have a go at anyone. Learning the F7s ropes is all part and parcel of what the PVP tourrnament is about.

Good luck. Still looks like 5 Vs 5 to me. :D

Dread

Juniors
Fadeproof P. Trump – 2 points, tradition

Comments: Very short and lacking in the editing department. It was an interesting look into the history of the bye… but needed to be expanded further and polished.

Score: 68

Somethingwithjohn – To Support or not to Support

Comments: Again, a short article heavy on grammatical and spelling errors. It looked at an interesting concept of loyalty, but needed more refinement.

Score: 75

No.5_luke covell – Rugby League and Poker

Comments: That classic Covellian humour – you either love it or hate it. Personally, I totally dig it. That said, the article needed some editing in places, and tried a few odd tactics to get around the word counter… although you still went over by five words.

Score: 82*

*2 point penalty for exceeding the word limit by 5.

Big_Bad_Sharks_Fan – The Unexplained Sacking

Comments: I have no idea how long the novelty of Covell can last, especially in the 7’s competition, but for now, reading goofy stuff like this still brings a smile to my face. The score could have been higher, though, with some polishing of spelling and grammar.

Score: 83

Captaincovell – The Age of our Times

Comments: Like the rest of the Covell Brigade’s posts, this one needed a bit of editing to sweep away some little errors. That said, it was certainly entertaining and raised and interesting if perhaps flawed point.

Score: 85

Total: 393

Dragon_PSA – The Mother of all Comebacks

Comments: A few niggly grammatical errors, but otherwise an interesting look into a legendary run for the premiership.

Score: 84

Moffo – The Summer Solace

Comments: Very well written, and quite fun too. I think many of us all feel the same.

Score: 88

BBJF – Grand Final 1999

Comments: Absolutely charming tale about grand final day ’99 which I found quite enjoyable, although I’m sure you could have squeezed a few more bodily functions in there if you tried. A few little grammatical errors knocked points off your final score.

Score: 86

HMS Cheesemaker – Our Fine Footy in their Fine City

Comments: An intelligent and well reasoned argument for the expansion of the game into Melbourne.

Score: 88

Dodge – The Day it Snapped

Comments: Another well written article focusing on the downward spiral of the Bulldogs this season.

Score: 86

Total: 432

Result: Bluebags 432 defeated Covell Brigade 393

Match comments: As a member of the Covell Brigade, I had to put aside my obvious loyalty to the newcomers. A good Covell story always brings a smile to my face, so this may have been a fortunate pairing, as other referees might not take so kindly to a bizarre obsession that many feel is well past its used by date. That said, it was a good, if unpolished start by the Brigadiers. Newtown was just clearly far more experienced in the end, though.

All in all, a very entertaining and well played match. Congrats to both teams.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Thank you ref, thank you ballboys. Congrats to Moff and Cheesey for equal MOTM honours and well done to BBJF on debut.

Commiserations Covelliers, but well done on getting the whole five in ;-)

Cheers
dodge

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Thank you Dread for the prompt and unbiased marking. Good effort from the Covelliers, and I look forward to meeting again. Good luck for '06.

To the Bags - well played guys. You made your skipper proud as punch.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
ouch doesnt get much closer than that.
they say the close losses are the hardest to take
but we will learn
judging by the comments spelling is definetly somthing we will have to work on.
congrats to the newtown bluebags
you guys are alot like the 1999 cronulla sharks, a great side who could go all the way, but you have to ask yourself the question, how badly do you want it? do you want to be there in september?

good luck for the rest of this and we look forward to seeing u in the finals

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
and well done to dread
no hard feelings mate, in the covell brigade, once a brother always a brother, and we dont look at you any different for the judging of this result

morri (cWo)

First Grade
very true bbsf.

a few points here or there and we could of seen a differnt result.

again congrats to both teams for a tight 5v5 clash. this is what forum 7's is all about. leaving your differences on the sideline and particpating in a close contest like this.