What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qatar Sheikh Wanting To Buy NRL Club

Coffs dragon

Bench
Yes Too Old Too Slow.....you could name the cronies on one hand that will attempt to protect the old boys club brigade.
These same blokes are responsible for running the club into the ground financially and are endangered species.
This could be the opportunity of a lifetime to rise from the depths of mediocre chook raffle mentality.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Maybe offering them a fat payout to leave might get them out of there.

Money talks for some of these guys. Sure doesn't seem to be the love or best interests of the club.
The golden handshake & retirement beckons for many, just like in the real world and not like Dragonworld.

possm

Coach
I've always believed the stone-walling of a change of ownership was all to do with the 'old boys' reluctance for change. They want job security and as little change as possible. No prospective buyer would accept terms of this nature. If their is genuine interest in buying our Club, then fans should rise up to put pressure on the Board to sell. Our Club may well be the super club of rugby league again!

Coffs dragon

Bench
Maybe the NRL should step in and force the hand of our Board. Things like call in the $6m debt and declare our Board incompetent. I don't know, all I want is for this to happen and for the Mighty Dragons to fire again!
Money talks & bullsh.t walks.....this needs to happen!!

possm

Coach
He won’t waste his time for to long before going else where
With the Dragons he has two leagues clubs and two grounds to develop into something grand. He has the famous history and one of the best brand names in the rugby league world. If the change of ownership happens, we will be the Manchester United of rugby league.

gonz

Juniors
I actually think the sale of the club should be taken out of the board and CEO hands and the NRL should negotiate the terms of the sale.

If the NRL were fair dinkum as said by possum recoup your debts and piss these grubs off the saints board, thick as if they don’t or there in with doust cause a strong redv is a massive boost to the game

Last edited: