What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD knights supporters

socksie

Juniors
to CH, foetus_head and others + Kaz who almost counts as a knights supporter, why do you follow the knights when you live in a place where everyone wants to meet gorden tallis and rave on about wayne bennett

on the flipside, i dont understand ppl who live in newcastle and dont follow the knight... must be a hard life

luckily i live in sydney so i am on neutral territory and support the knights simply because i love the boys and newcastle arent into dirty play or buying players from other clubs (mostly)

Kaz

junior
blue and red socks said:
to CH, foetus_head and others + Kaz who almost counts as a knights supporter, why do you follow the knights when you live in a place where everyone wants to meet gorden tallis and rave on about wayne bennett

I have just recovered from fainting over you calling me almost a Knights supporter. :cry: :roll: :evil: :twisted: :?

I will see you in COURT. :lol:

Well Wayne Bennett & Gorden Tallis are great people, you can actually stop Tallis & talk to him.

He doesn't leave Lang Park or what-ever ground the Broncos play by the back door to sneak away from the fans.

Wayne Bennett is totally different to how he appears on TV.

He hates most of the idiotic morons called the Media. But loves talking to the fans.

Samwise

Bench
i actually got into footy yonks ago when i was living on the RAAF base in Williamtown. so knights seemed like the best team to support, loyaltys grew and our family moved up here to brisvegas so sorry but i aint dropping my side cos i only get to see them once a year

because i have a tonne of reles in newcastle and they liked the knights so i like the knights.. But come state of origin time, i hate every NSW player with a passion.... Go figure

stevo

Juniors
Same here. I actually started following league when living in the NT. My favplayer was the Chief, cause he was good at smashng the QLD's, sorry Kaz! So natually i went on to follow the knights

socksie

Juniors
Kaz said:
I have just recovered from fainting over you calling me almost a Knights supporter. :cry: :roll: :evil: :twisted: :?

I will see you in COURT. :lol:

come on, i know deep down you are
why else would you spend so much time in a rival team's forum, but to see our beautiful faces?

mrford61

Juniors
stevo said:
Same here. I actually started following league when living in the NT. My favplayer was the Chief, cause he was good at smashng the QLD's, sorry Kaz! So natually i went on to follow the knights

I,m not mrford61 but mrford61,s daughter, I took over just to ask you where it was that you lived in the NT. The only reason I ask is that we live on a cattle station in the NT and was just curious. :?:

foetus_head

Juniors
All my rellies either live down there or go for the knights, as well as I was born in Dubbo and there isnt any Dubbo team so I logically chose newcastle. I have been going for them for almost 10 yrs and Im only 16 so I cant chane. Best of all, I love the looks on peoples faces when the Knights beat the Broncos :D

tigermite

Juniors
blue and red socks said:
on the flipside, i dont understand ppl who live in newcastle and dont follow the knight... must be a hard life
No... not really a hard life, but it does get very frustrating when all we hear about are the Knights. But when we beat you, it's, well, fun 8)

gullsfan

Juniors
I live in Bris, but I don't want to meet Gordon Tallis, or for that matter any player specifically. Why do you presume everyone up here is a Broncos supporter as your thread implies? It is true though that the media here constantly harks on about the Broncos, much to my annoyance. One of them just has to wash their car and it get's a half page story in the Courier Mail (and guess who owns that?), while the local league which formed in 1909 barely receives more than a paragraph or two for topics that actually relate to the game. People were following league in QLD, and developing likings for certain clubs both here and interstate, well before '88.

stevo

Juniors
Hey dude, i'd love to meet gordie again. He's a champ. All ways ready to please. My BF and i meet him at the Brocs league club and wanted a photo with him. He ended up getting kevie and Bennett in a photo with him. Not exactally what we wanted but we got a photo of all three together and bennie actually smiled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To answer Mrford61'd daughter, i lived in Darwin and Jabiru (kakadu National Park) what station are you talking about. I knew someone that worked at Newcastle waters (choice name for a station BTW) and my BF sister worked at Alroy Downs (somewhere near 3 ways road house/ Barkly Homestaed)

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
The Chief was my favourite player so I started supporting the Knights coz of him. I'd always supported NSW come Origin time (even though I was born in QLD and have always lived here), so it just seemed natural to make the switch to supporting the Knights as well. I've never looked back!

Hell Bitch

Juniors
stevo said:
To answer Mrford61'd daughter, i lived in Darwin and Jabiru (kakadu National Park) what station are you talking about. I knew someone that worked at Newcastle waters (choice name for a station BTW) and my BF sister worked at Alroy Downs (somewhere near 3 ways road house/ Barkly Homestaed)

Thanks for answering my question Stevo. I went and got my own register. Unfortunately the information you requested is confidential and if I told you I would have to kill you :D
I was born in the Territory and still have not been to Kakadu. I will get there one day.

Kaz

junior
stevo said:
Hey dude, i'd love to meet gordie again. He's a champ. All ways ready to please. My BF and i meet him at the Brocs league club and wanted a photo with him. He ended up getting kevie and Bennett in a photo with him. Not exactally what we wanted but we got a photo of all three together and bennie actually smiled.

Lisa

You could have asked Gordie that you didn't want the others in the photo. :lol:

gullsfan

Juniors
No, it's simpler then that. I just skip the pro Bronco dribble pages in the paper and watch SBS or ABC nightly sport. ;-)

Whats Doing

Bench
Used to live in Newcastle for a number of years before moving to Perth and now Brisbane.

Hate the Broncs with a passion