What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Reds

After their first win in the Super 14 season of 08,
I've taken a look at the Reds line up and I have to say that they are not looking so bad, in the player stakes.

Berrick Barnes
Rodney Blake
Quade Cooper
Sam Cordingley
David Croft
Digby Ioane
Chris Latham
Hugh McMeniman
John Roe
Clinton Schifcofske
Morgan Turinui

A good core of talent.

It's a long time since the Reds were a force in the Super competitions and it's a long, hard road back from where they have been.

But my question is

Are they the dark-horses of the comp this year?

lockyno1

Post Whore
The Camden Leisure Pirate said:
Are they the dark-horses of the comp this year?

No, becuase simply put the depth is not there. Yes the 1st string side is good (as is every other side imo), but if QLD get key injuries, they struggle depth wise.

Iafeta

Referee
What position does Marius Jonker play? Man of the Match performance in round 1, the deciding factor for sure.

Key: The fitness of Marius Jonker. If he can survive the season, the Reds will take out the Super 14 title.

Iafeta

Referee
LOL what'd you think of the tries?

I'm not concerned about it, I just think the Highlanders, and the Otago region, the perennial 1990's overachievers of NZ Rugby need all the help they can get to be competitive.. and I also find Jonker's interpretations 'curious'. Just making a point that I also didn't see anything from Queensland, given how dubious their tries were that made me stand up and take notice. I predict about 8th-9th for the Reds.

Te Kaha

First Grade
That game decided the bottom placed team this year... easily the worst i have seen in a very long time... both were sh*thouse....

Iafeta

Referee
The 'Canes will improve through the year. They dropped that much pill, as soon as it starts sticking the new rules are going to start to suit them to a tee.

The Reds however, as per usual their pack is powderpuff stuff and they should already be planning for 2009.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
A new look Brumbies side destroyed them. Good night Reds for 2008, it'd take a miracle for them to drag themselves back from that performance and make the top 4 no matter how early in the comp it is.

skeepe

Immortal
Was a pleasure to be at the ground. Only issue I had was the ridiculous binning of Fainifo when Ioane was allowed to spear Stephen Hoiles head first into the turf earlier in the match.

Thankfully the judiciary agreed with Ioane getting 3 matches and Fainifo not even called in front of them. I honestly couldn't believe that the touchy ran in on the Fainifo tackle and not Ioane's, given that they were both right in front of him.

Engine

Juniors
The reds are the most disgraceful excuse for a rugby team ever. So many overrated hacks there.

Engine

Juniors
I've HAD IT with these morons. They are a disgrace to QLD sport.

Time for a huge cleanout.

Latham has hung around 2 seasons too long and looks like an old man. No mobility at all. Schiffas should move to fullback to let the pensioner go to a retirement village.

Rodzilla.....what an overrated fat pig.

Berrick.....the most overrated footballer in both codes of rugby. He is absolutely crap and should be nowhere near wallaby selection. Quade Cooper is a better footballer.

Cordingly...people look at him as the god of toughness. I look at him as the goddess of baldness.

Speaking of useless bald men, it is time for David Croft to leave.

Morgan Turinui....built like a brick sh*thouse, plays like crap. Preston Campbell hits harder.

Engine

Juniors
Lol. ...Qld have set up a new level of crapdom which the Tahs won't achieve in 2008.

Iafeta

Referee
Can't you blokes see though? That's the Australian rugby way. Pick some overweight fat lug up front, and think your team will go alright as a result. We've gone away from fat lugs up front, but rather good strong men technicians. Rodney Blake is not in shape to play top line football, yet your example is Matt Dunning in the Wallabies squad for him to aspire too.

The footballer most likely at the Reds is Croft. He turns over a lot of ball and covers up a lot of frailties. The rest are extremely poor players.