What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD team 2018

johns_reds

First Grade
With the way that Munster, Morgan, Slater and Holmes have played this series, Kevie has a few headaches next year

Where does Boyd & Inglis fit in next year when they return? Will Milford come back in to the team? I feel Oates was unlucky to be dropped, he might be waiting a while to get another run

What will the forwards look like? Will Scott have the motor to play another series?

Personally I don't think the forwards will change too much, but the backline will be difficult to pick next year

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Morgan can return to bench.

Cronk if playing partners Munster.

GI is an obvious centre starter if Slater fit and in form.

Someone is likely to be injured or get injured. But Boyd is under more pressure than normal me thinks with Holmes, Gagai, and Oates.

Chambers will be facing some competition as well.

I'm far more concerned if Cronk retires who will play half. But I wouldn't rule out a JT s.o.s. Is Hunt the signalled replacement?

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
Boyd misses out at full strength.

1. Slater
2. Holmes
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Cherry Evans

Which should also be the Australian back line.

Ouch. Legends retire and QLD still have the best players 1-7. Amazing.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I'm not sure DCE is the direction Qld want to head, Tommy.

Milford, Corey Norman or Ben Hunt will all have their hands up for next year with Munster hopefully should Cronk retire.

Isaiah -Any of Inglis, Morgan and Gagai playing centres with Boyd, Oates, or Holmes on the wing is not beyond the realms of possibility. I think Chambers will be under pressure. Not that long ago Folau and Tate were left out of Qld teams.

Last edited:

john_reds

Juniors
Morgan can return to bench.

Cronk if playing partners Munster.

GI is an obvious centre starter if Slater fit and in form.

Someone is likely to be injured or get injured. But Boyd is under more pressure than normal me thinks with Holmes, Gagai, and Oates.

Chambers will be facing some competition as well.

I'm far more concerned if Cronk retires who will play half. But I wouldn't rule out a JT s.o.s. Is Hunt the signalled replacement?

I think if Cronk retires Hunt comes in at halfback, DCE is also a decent backup but i feel Hunt would get first opportunity

john_reds

Juniors

1. Slater
2. Holmes
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Cherry Evans

That is still a formidable backline, i think Hunt comes in for DCE, if Slater retires then Boyd slots back into fullback, still decent backline

Bronco18

Juniors
As much as I love Hunt when he's on, I could see him losing his head. He won't be a starting half unless he's blitzing it with the Dragons.

big hit!

Bench
I'm not sure DCE is the direction Qld want to head, Tommy.

Milford, Corey Norman or Ben Hunt will all have their hands up for next year with Munster hopefully should Cronk retire.

Isaiah -Any of Inglis, Morgan and Gagai playing centres with Boyd, Oates, or Holmes on the wing is not beyond the realms of possibility. I think Chambers will be under pressure. Not that long ago Folau and Tate were left out of Qld teams.

i can't believe folks are still contemplating gagai as a centre, after what we've seen of him 2 series in a row as a winger.

Shorty

Staff member
Munster and DCE imo with the possibility of Milford pushing Munster to fullback depending on form and who's best where etc.
Morgan goes to bench with Inglis back to center if fit.
Boyd and Oates miss out.

Snoop

Coach

1. Slater
2. Holmes
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Cherry Evans

On this years form and assuming no Cronk that is who I would pick. Would not be upset if Boyd came in for Holmes either though. As for the forwards, I think this series proved that if well coached (ie. how to stop Fifita) and fit and enthusiastic it seems even a fairly ordinary forward pack will do. Besides Cameron Smith, Gillette was the only starting forward in the Test side (Papalii did make the Test bench). McGuire had a great series but Napa, Wallace, Cooper etc just went about their work in Games 2 and 3 without setting the game on fire.

It might be a different story however if NSW actually pick their best pack. Woods has to go. Fifita on the bench. Jackson to join Woods in the NSW cup. Klemmer, Peats, De Belin, Cordner, Frizell, Trbojevic as the starting pack is more formidable than what was thrown up this series.