What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

qld team announced

Leagueguy said:
Where is Hunt? The selectors should get axed if Bowen has a crap game at fullback like he did last year. Last week they thought Hunt was tougher and more solid than Bowen. Why are these qualities less important in Origin. What kind of logic are they using.

you sir are a f**kwit.......

where is hunt ......left out of the team because he does not deserve to be there .. besides Bowen there are other fullbacks ahead of him.. Wesser, Schif ,Thiaday.
How can you blame Bowen for having a bad game last yr ..Our forwards got overrun so there isn't much the backs can do about it.

Are you the only person in Australia who does not realise that hunt's selection for AUS was political & had nothing to do with form,ability or how solid you are.

BroncoBuck

Juniors
waltzing Meninga said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: @ the queensland back row. How Tom LL was overlooked is beyond me. he is twice the player stagg is and 10 times the player Scott is. Tom LL has the size, speed, strength and go forward that queensland so desperatley need.

Except that he is a cockaroach!

lockyno1

Post Whore
dazza62 said:
you sir are a f**kwit.......

where is hunt ......left out of the team because he does not deserve to be there .. besides Bowen there are other fullbacks ahead of him.. Wesser, Schif ,Thiaday.
How can you blame Bowen for having a bad game last yr ..Our forwards got overrun so there isn't much the backs can do about it.

Are you the only person in Australia who does not realise that hunt's selection for AUS was political & had nothing to do with form,ability or how solid you are.

Well you would be the ONLY one that would say that Bowen deserved it on RECENT form! He has been terrible in the last month. Hunt has his combo with Lockyer and I think Bowen is lucky to be starting although at least we can sub him off after 10 minutes and put Berrigan into the centres and Ingliss back at fullback!

MrCharisma

Bench
dazza62 said:

Word

I really don't get the argument between Bowen and Hunt. Both are talented footballers. I think Bowen deserves the #1 for now, however no matter which was picked I think both can handle it.

Same goes for the packs, NSW were always on paper going to have a better pack'. Qld don't have the players. Hardly worth worrying about, as the semi finals and tri series proved last year, on paper means dick.

Leagueguy

Juniors
Dazza62 , I probably wouldn't say I'm the only person in Australia who doesn't think Hunt's selection was political. From what I've seen on these forums and read in the papers, the only two fullbacks people were really considering were Hunt and Bowen , so I'd suggest you are in the minnority in your views about where Hunt is in pecking order of qld fullbacks.

Also in that 3rd origin last year Bowen and Lockyer were totally ineffective in attack for qld, it wasn't just their forwards. Remember when they had all that ball in the first 15 minutes and couldn't score? I don't think Hunt is a better player than Bowen, I just think players like Hunt or Shicoffske are more effective early on in a tight game. I'd still back Bowen to be a matchwinner and have a bigger impact on a game than those two, even off the bench.

What I don't like about the selectors is that they are showing no consistency in their thinking. Thats why if Matt Bowen fails they really have some serious explaining to do.

Leagueguy said:
Has Tom Learoyd said he wants to play for Qld. I agree he has more potential than Stagg or Johnson, but is he still a little underdone at this point?

yes he has. hes just as ready for origin as Greg Inglis. He is built for Origin

lockyno1

Post Whore
waltzing Meninga said:
no hes not, he pledged his service to Queensland

WM he is not as good as the other options. Plus he plays for the Raiders and it is easier to look good playing for the Raiders considering most of your side is rubbish! Hey even Howell has looked good on occasions!:lol: Tom may be a rep player but they went for a workhorse backrow so that they could win it on the fringes. Fair enough in my book.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Rastus_in_Melbourne said:
He's also not eligible.

The Broncos made him eligible in 2005 when it looked like he would be their next big thing. There was a newspaper article about how "Big Tom is a Maroon" or something like that. He is eligible and would have been a better pick than Stagg or Scott.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
WM he is not as good as the other options. Plus he plays for the Raiders and it is easier to look good playing for the Raiders considering most of your side is rubbish! Hey even Howell has looked good on occasions!:lol: Tom may be a rep player but they went for a workhorse backrow so that they could win it on the fringes. Fair enough in my book.

Locky are you insane? They went with an awful backrow. Johnson and Stagg will make 80 tackles between them but they are both sh*t ball runners and you need go foward in Origin.

NSW are going to smash QLD's fowards all over the park, we should win this game with the team that QLD has named.

lockyno1 said:

Locky your a fair dinkim joker. If you honestly think Stagg and Scott are a better option in a state of origin game, where size and stenght is like gold, then you a seriously deluded.
Mind you it doesn't surprise me - you would put Hauritz in there if he was available

Godz Illa

Coach
dazza62 said:
Typical dazza62 bullsh*t. What was the political end they were seeking by choosing Hunt? I assume it was to prevent him defecting back to NZ in future, but if he really is as inept and sub-standard as you claim, then why bother? Why risk losing a Test match by choosing the 4th choice fullback (according to you), just to prevent NZ from claiming him in future. Frankly, it's quite ridicluous. Petty conspiracy theories are for the small-minded. Bowen had a few poorly-timed dud performances, Hunt had a few well-timed good performances. He deserved his spot for Australia and acquitted himself well. The Qld selectors have taken a different direction, it is not necessarily a vindication of the public outcry over Hunt's selection.

Leagueguy

Juniors
Learoyd might come into contention next game. He'll probably need a little media hype though to gain some recognition. He played well yesterday though.

the kirwan kid

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Seriously berrigan is as good as a utilty as Luke Covell! He is not a centre, barely a bacrower and has hardly played hooker! Please if you want a utilty then someone like Justin Smith is a better option. He can cover centres/five-eigth/ and is a better backrower than berrigan! Also gives a playmaking option. Berrigan is a TERRIBLE choice and I'm a broncos supporter!

Mate ... give yourself a couple. We're only picking from players who are eligible. I'd love Jason Smith, Matt Sing, Paul Bowman and others to be there but they've retired from rep footy

lockyno1

Post Whore
waltzing Meninga said:
Locky your a fair dinkim joker. If you honestly think Stagg and Scott are a better option in a state of origin game, where size and stenght is like gold, then you a seriously deluded.
Mind you it doesn't surprise me - you would put Hauritz in there if he was available

Um...we have Thaiday and Webb on the bench. That is more than enough attacking players with good go forward, size, etc. The two in the starting lineup I would have picked probally. I went for Harrison instead of Scott BUT Scott deserves it. LL, if he wants to play Origin should play for a better side.

lockyno1

Post Whore
the kirwan kid said:
Mate ... give yourself a couple. We're only picking from players who are eligible. I'd love Jason Smith, Matt Sing, Paul Bowman and others to be there but they've retired from rep footy

JUSTIN SMITH, not Jason. Cowboys utility player. :?