What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QRL / ISC "Magic Weekend" possibility

The Partisan

Saw an article in Gold Coast Bulletin during the week regarding a ISC version of the Super League 'Magic Weekend' with all teams playing out of one ground (Suncorp Stadium mentioned) over the two days.

Don't mind the idea but it would need a lot of marketing and advertising to get the crowd there, along with plenty of notice for those considering making it a weekend away from CQ/NQ/PNG.

Thoughts ?

(PS. Tried to post link to article but reverted to the subscribe page :()

Last edited:

The Partisan

PLANS TO BRING ISC’S OWN MAGIC ROUND TO LIFE
INTRUST Super Cup powerbrokers are toying with the idea of adding their own ‘Magic Round’ to the rugby league calendar as soon as next year.The initiative has proven popular in England and will be implemented at NRL level next year,

(Extracted from sidebar on GCB Subscription page. )

The Partisan

The issue of addressing lost 'home game revenue' was mentioned in the article and so wherever it is played some kind shared revenue (or costs ?) would have to be put in place I would imagine.

Personally I'd rather something like a Rivalry Round Double / Triple Header but one in the north and one in the south of the state.

NQ @ Cowboys Home Ground - Sat night Blackhawks v Pride; Cutters v Capras

SQ @ Titans Home Ground -

Sat arvo / evening - PNG v Sunshine Coast; Ipswich v Souths Logan; Redcliffe v Norths,

Sunday arvo - Wynnum v Easts; Burleigh v Tweed.

Magic Mick

Juniors
Saw an article in Gold Coast Bulletin during the week regarding a ISC version of the Super League 'Magic Weekend' with all teams playing out of one ground (Suncorp Stadium mentioned) over the two days.

Don't mind the idea but it would need a lot of marketing and advertising to get the crowd there, along with plenty of notice for those considering making it a weekend away from CQ/NQ/PNG.

Thoughts ?

(PS. Tried to post link to article but reverted to the subscribe page :()
Hi, i suggested years ago for the centenary year that we have a full weekend of games at the RNA grounds, historically important and would be sensational with a rugby league reunion, training camps, association and supplier expo etc. All q cup clubs and brl clubs and combine it with a long weekend.

The Partisan

Thought I'd piggyback on the zeitgeist of the moment happening with the NRL Magic Weekend and revive this thread ! :p