What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qual. Final v Manly, SFS

Hoggy

Bench
I would predict 6:30pm Saturday. Easts might get Friday night.

You'd think they wouldn't want Penrith only having a five day break if they do win tomorrow...

I just don't want Storm playing on Friday because there's a school disco (I'm a teacher) and would be expected to be there...

It would also clash with a footy final over the road, which would be annoying two weeks in a row, and it would be detrimental to our crowd.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Big game for us, most of the bottom 8 teams are danger teams so we need to make sure we get over Manly just like we did in Round 23.

Any knowledge on the extent of their injuries i know they had plenty out tonight but will they be out next week?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Big game for us, most of the bottom 8 teams are danger teams so we need to make sure we get over Manly just like we did in Round 23.

Any knowledge on the extent of their injuries i know they had plenty out tonight but will they be out next week?

I heard Brenton Lawrence is definitely back and I think Brett Stewart has a minor ankle injury and they didn't want to risk him I reckon he will play next week. Matai played tonight and stayed down a few times but he does that every game he will be ok.

The only guys they will definitely miss are G. Stewart obviously, Ballin and Buhrer. They won't have too many out.

There were a few high tackle incidents tonight but I'm sure the judiciary will let Manly off as usual and they won't have any players suspended.

Rabbits20

Immortal
A stat that favours Manly is in the 8 games they have lost this year the week after they have won.

They haven't had back to back defeats yet.

I know we want know until tomorrow night, but what night do people think it will be on?

I hope Saturday, but I think it will most likely be Friday. Manly fans are already ringing up the radio and saying it is a big pain to travel over the bridge on Friday night. They said Saturday's aren't ideal as well. I think some Manly fans are too lazy to travel.

I guess it depends if Penrith make 4th or Cowboys. Penrith wouldn't want the short turn around if they win tomorrow night.

souths_pride

Juniors
A stat that favours Manly is in the 8 games they have lost this year the week after they have won.

They haven't had back to back defeats yet.

I know we want know until tomorrow night, but what night do people think it will be on?

I hope Saturday, but I think it will most likely be Friday. Manly fans are already ringing up the radio and saying it is a big pain to travel over the bridge on Friday night. They said Saturday's aren't ideal as well. I think some Manly fans are too lazy to travel.

I guess it depends if Penrith make 4th or Cowboys. Penrith wouldn't want the short turn around if they win tomorrow night.

To be honest I'm surprised their hasn't been more of an outcry by Manly fans that the game won't be played at fortress Brookvale due to the change in the rules this season. I think that is a massive advantage to us. I dread the thought of having to play Manly at Brookvale! I watched the Cowboys vs Manly game last night and Manly look a tired and weary side. In saying that, everyone thought that last season where they have two grueling games in the lead up to the qualifying final where they knocked us out. Manly thrive of this sort of adversity and so we need to make sure we play with the same sort of intensity that we did when we beat them at the SCG earlier in the year.

Big Sam

First Grade
Brookvale isn't even NSW Cup standard, let alone NRL Finals standard.

I wonder if Manly had put forward Bluetongue as an alternative, would the NRL have allowed it?

southsport

First Grade

There could be a couple of suspensions too I have heard.

souths_pride

Juniors
Brookvale isn't even NSW Cup standard, let alone NRL Finals standard.

I wonder if Manly had put forward Bluetongue as an alternative, would the NRL have allowed it?

The reason why these new rules were brought in wasn't to do the quality of the grounds as such but the capacity. Basically, the NRL does not want fans being locked out of games and feels that if this happens it could give the game a black eye. Its happened a few times in the finals series' of recent years, most notably in 2009 I think when the Eels played the Dragons at Kogarah Oval and the game was well and truly sold out. I think for memory something like 10-15 thousand fans were locked out because the Dragons didn't move the game to the SFS or ANZ. So starting this year, the NRL has made the rule that all Sydney based teams who have a home game the first week of the finals must play at an 'approved venue'. As you can imagine it caused a bit of animosity, especially for teams who have suburban grounds as home venues and really rely on the atmosphere generated by their fans.

Rabbitohs to Play Sea Eagles in Week One of Finals

Words: Tom Skolarikis
Sat 6th September, 09:01PM
A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

1409895122300.jpg

The South Sydney Rabbitohs will take on the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles in week one of the NRL Telstra Premiership Finals Series.
One of the game’s greatest and most fierce rivalries will be renewed when the likes of Greg Inglis, Sam Burgess and Adam Reynolds face off against Brett Stewart, Anthony Watmough and Daly Cherry-Evans for a spot in the Grand Final Qualifier. The match will be the third encounter between the two sides for the 2014 season.
The 2014 ledger currently stands at one game apiece following two matches played at a frenetic pace in rounds two and 22.
The Rabbitohs went down by 14-12 to the Sea Eagles in round two in a close encounter at Gosford – just one week after getting their 2014 campaign off to a flying start against the Roosters. A Jamie Lyon penalty-goal would ultimately prove the difference in a match that bore all the feeling of the traditional clash.
But the men in red and green turned it around in round 22 when they again met their flying, feathered friends from the north-side, only this time, on the hallowed turf of the Sydney Cricket Ground.
The Rabbitohs produced a controlled performance to dominate their ladder-leading opponents by 23-4 to claim what would be their fourth successive victory at the time in front of just under 30,000 vocal Members and supporters.
But it’s not the first time that the two clubs will meet in the post-season, with Manly ending the Rabbitohs’ 2013 campaign in last year’s preliminary final on their way to a berth with eventual Premiers, the Roosters.
The match will be the twelfth time that the Rabbitohs will face the Sea-Eagles in a finals match since the north-siders entered the competition in 1947 – the Rabbitohs holding the balance of power in the finals ledger with seven victories and four losses.
Overall, both sides have met on 133 occassions, with the Manly side victorious 73 times, while the Rabbitohs have taken the points 60 times.
A new chapter in finals history is about to be written! Get ready to Light it Up!
Stay tuned to Rabbitohs.com.au for more information, including the matche's venue, kick-off time, ticketing and NYC scheduling.

Ticket buying windows for finals are:
- Monday 10am-6pm – Ticketed members. Purchase via AAN’s. Members can head to www.rabbitohs.com.au/aan to retrieve their AAN.
- Monday 8pm to Tuesday 8am – Non-Ticketed Members. Purchased via a password.
- Tuesday 10am – General Public.
Ticketed Members will receive an email on Sunday evening from the NRL with important ticketing information about their pre-sale and on Monday morning Non-Ticketed Members will receive an email from the NRL with their relevant ticketing information.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/members..._of_finals.html?camefrom=EMCL_382559_17403278

rabbitohs95

Bench
Anybody know how Turner pulled up? Would be a big blow if his shoulder isn't right.

If he's fit i'd have Sutto off the bench, it's going to be hard for him to not only play a new position but get back his fitness.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Anybody know how Turner pulled up? Would be a big blow if his shoulder isn't right.

If he's fit i'd have Sutto off the bench, it's going to be hard for him to not only play a new position but get back his fitness.

I heard Turner pulled up quite good on Friday morning and he will be right for the Manly game which is good news. Looks like we are just missing Te'o and possibly Lowe his knee didn't look the best the other night.

Also for Manly Jesse Sene Lefao their solid forward off the bench seems to have a broken nose they were saying on the footy show. How long he's out for is TBA.

Hopefully Manly get a suspension from the judiciary there was a couple if incidents I think last night.

Big Sam

First Grade
CONFIRMED 7:55PM FRIDAY @ALLIANZ

The kids are playing Wests beforehand in their elim. too!

Latest posts