What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qualifying Final - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 11th September 7:50pm @Queensland Country Bank Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Qualifying Final player ratings - South Sydney Rabbitohs: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/09/11/qualifying-final-player-ratings-south-sydney-rabbitohs/

Rookie shines in Latrell’s shoes, Burgess’ game for the ages - Souths’ Player Ratings: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/474a153cbe32f25e602379a8c80bda4a

Bennett left Cleary holding a ‘butter knife’ in battle - but Ivan’s words can’t be ignored: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/956e5115507ccf1fe60a9457e9277fc0

Referee succumbed to 'media pressure' in handing Nathan Cleary controversial penalty, League greats say: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/andrew...panthers/c8d7f228-9a3b-405d-ac95-a9cc75e87277

I can’t wait for Callmack preview for next week what it’ll be come tomorrow morning lol...... gonna be a tough ask next week beating the bye.....
You'll have to wait another week mate, won't be doing one until the Monday before the prelim as always haha.

Let's enjoy the week off! We've earnt it!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Qualifying Final player ratings - South Sydney Rabbitohs: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/09/11/qualifying-final-player-ratings-south-sydney-rabbitohs/

Rookie shines in Latrell’s shoes, Burgess’ game for the ages - Souths’ Player Ratings: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/474a153cbe32f25e602379a8c80bda4a

Bennett left Cleary holding a ‘butter knife’ in battle - but Ivan’s words can’t be ignored: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/956e5115507ccf1fe60a9457e9277fc0

Referee succumbed to 'media pressure' in handing Nathan Cleary controversial penalty, League greats say: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/andrew...panthers/c8d7f228-9a3b-405d-ac95-a9cc75e87277

You'll have to wait another week mate, won't be doing one until the Monday before the prelim as always haha.

Let's enjoy the week off! We've earnt it!
I know mate I’m pulling your finger lol

I wouldn’t mind callmack reviewing the wests tigers matches to be honest.

This sounds all strange and counter-intuitive, but like you guys, our serious squabbles are very rare indeed and we all seem to get on.

There’s no real factions that I can make out. People will disagree about Madge but agree we should increase our efforts to sell Brooks if you get me. People determine the issues on merit rather than what a buddy says.

Karen has done a lot for bringing us together. Some of our most senior and respected forum troops hate him with a passion!

@Jim Rockford is pretty popular when he drops in.

callmack1

Staff member
I'm not going to be writing Penrith off that's for sure. Our performance against them was one for the ages but I still think they have a team that is capable of beating anyone on their day so they're not out of the fight. We could still meet them in a Grand Final, who knows? What I do know is that we have a team that is capable of beating anyone too!!

Bennett’s ability to make believers of his Bunnies the real Finals story: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/be...es-the-real-finals-story-20210912-p58qyh.html

I wouldn’t mind callmack reviewing the wests tigers matches to be honest.

This sounds all strange and counter-intuitive, but like you guys, our serious squabbles are very rare indeed and we all seem to get on.

There’s no real factions that I can make out. People will disagree about Madge but agree we should increase our efforts to sell Brooks if you get me. People determine the issues on merit rather than what a buddy says.

Karen has done a lot for bringing us together. Some of our most senior and respected forum troops hate him with a passion!

@Jim Rockford is pretty popular when he drops in.
Thanks mate! Good bunch of blokes on here that's for sure. Always love chatting on here. There's the occasional scwabble, of course, that's normal, but it's few and far between. We go alright haha.

You're one of the very few opposition fans I actually enjoy chatting too as well, great bloke!! You're always welcome here Phantom........ Apart from when we're playing the Tigers!!! 😁

Jim Rockford

Bench
You're one of the very few opposition fans I actually enjoy chatting too as well, great bloke!! You're always welcome here Phantom........ Apart from when we're playing the Tigers!!! 😁
It's a real shame there aren't more opposition fans like Phantom. I would love to chat with fans of all teams but the ones who show up here(cough..cough..Nealo12..cough..cough) are total dipshits. There are actually a couple of other guys (ones a Panther the other a Rooster) I like talking to in other parts of the forum and would gladly welcome them here in the Souths forum.

Thanks Jim and callmack, rabbits 20 for the

Its great being a Tiger fan, despite the hardships, every win is a good one.

I think you’ve got an interesting squad and I’m not sure why it isn’t more popular.

I think everyone regrets Renno going, but done is done. I think he knows he’ll be cheered off by Souths fans next year. Blood is thicker than water. I think he’s going to enjoy Brisbane and it’s really great for his family.

Ive spoken about Cody and how I think he’s the best 5/8 in the world. After the season is over and work calms down, I might do a photo feature on his passing. Jim can correct me, but I think once he had 3 or 4 feigns in hand and some bizarre step, throws the perfect cut-out and the receiver scores in the corner untouched. That’s all done in a second or so and virtually indefensible unless you have numbers, awareness or luck. But it’s also unrealistic to expect this every single charge. 99% of players couldn’t do this in their whole career let alone twice in a match. And when he scores or lays one on, it’s got that brutal ownership feel about it. Its an outfoxing dominance. That’s why he celebrates hard and I think he kisses his mum armband. He owns it. And of course, his career started late but he meets and then overtakes his contemporaries and that provides further hope for late bloomers. So he’s a bit of an idol for fringe players I’d say.

Cam Murray is another favourite because he’s at 110%. He’s also blessed with some backline in him and that’s his mobility. He’s the new breed of forward and extremely well suited to the modern game. Plus he’s ready for the biff.

Alex Johnston is another curious player. He ended the illustrious Nathan Merrits career but he’s proven very resilient and remains quite strike. He’s very experienced. He think he’s as good as he was in 2014. He offers significant comfort out there, you can generally trust him.

Now for some doom and gloom. For all of his brute strength and game breaking abilities, I think Latrell really let everyone down. I’m glad he’s out actually because he could be sent at any time and in these big matches, that’s unacceptable and I prefer tafe -although he’s fresh. Tafe is allowed the odd mistake if his benefits outweigh that. But he’s very team orientated. Hopefully Latrell will mature, but he’s wasting his talent and he needs to fit in with the side, not the other way around.

Benjis been doing the job, but the issue is he is fading fast. I’m not sure he’s up to winning big games for you, too error ridden, too slow. Just age. He’s not especially sincere, i wouldn’t trust him. Wayne has done well with him for sure.

I like listening to coaches, Bennet says every player is important. Its a whole of squad approach. He builds in confidence with each other so the trust is very tangible and you see that.

I also like Burgess. I love his size and passion. He’s great. I’m not if Nicholls has a contract for next year. He’s finishing the season on a massive and unexpected high. Good on him.

Anyway, my thoughts tonight. Right or wrong, I’m ok to be corrected.

Obviously I’d love to see the bunnies win the gf!

Wayne Bennet is a cut above. As he ages, he gets smarter and smarter.

Last edited:

Jim Rockford

Bench
This is why we value your input so highly Phantom. It'd great to get an outsiders perspective as we can often view things through red and green glasses. As I said before, it's a real shame there aren't more like you. it would make LU a much better place!

soc123_au

Staff member
It's a real shame there aren't more opposition fans like Phantom. I would love to chat with fans of all teams but the ones who show up here(cough..cough..Nealo12..cough..cough) are total dipshits. There are actually a couple of other guys (ones a Panther the other a Rooster) I like talking to in other parts of the forum and would gladly welcome them here in the Souths forum.
The hard part about decent discussion with opposing fans in one of the teams subforums is some people from the "home forum" get the red mist and go feral when they see someone they feel doesn't belong there. Then a shitfight begins. It's frustrating as a Rugby League fan as I like to get a bit of a more balanced point of view that you get from another teams supporter base, instead of just a steady diet of flag waving. A bit of banter is always fun too. Here and sad to say the Panthers forum are imo the worst offenders for it.

Jim Rockford

Bench
The hard part about decent discussion with opposing fans in one of the teams subforums is some people from the "home forum" get the red mist and go feral when they see someone they feel doesn't belong there. Then a shitfight begins. It's frustrating as a Rugby League fan as I like to get a bit of a more balanced point of view that you get from another teams supporter base, instead of just a steady diet of flag waving. A bit of banter is always fun too. Here and sad to say the Panthers forum are imo the worst offenders for it.
Mate, in my recent interactions with you I find you to be totally reasonable and would have no issue with you coming into the Souths forum to share your views.

soc123_au

Staff member
Mate, in my recent interactions with you I find you to be totally reasonable and would have no issue with you coming into the Souths forum to share your views.
Most of you are fine. It's just a few that get a bit over the top. As I said earlier, Panthers forum is no different. You've ventured in and seen it first hand.